Author Topic: Will the PSP make a comeback?  (Read 6134 times)

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Will the PSP make a comeback?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 10:15:41 am »
Well, PSX games on PSP would seriously rock... since they would be precise ports unlike PS2 stuff. But needing a PS3 for that?? Naw  :-[

DS currently simply has the far superior software library... while on PSP I'd think of... 4 games or so. And three of them are ports.
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 12:24:03 pm »
Maybe you should look at more PSP games then?

Anyways, I have heard a rumor that Sony is gonna make PS1 games available on the PSP's browser in the future. Though it was just a rumor.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 07:48:54 am »
Maybe I'm an RPG person?  ;)
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 08:09:33 am »
Be gone foul heretic!

Anyway, then there really aren't that many PSP games for you. It really isn't a problem for me since I don't really like RPG's. Except Bioware's. Of course.

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:09 pm »
I suppose that may be because of the release of devhook so people up to 2.71 can run homebrew :D  But besides that, the PSP has games like Killzone and GTA or SOCOM that are appealing but it needs a price drop badly.  Although a "core" model was released, it still hasn't had a "real" price drop and can't compete as a media device coming with a 1GB card.  I have a 4GB card and I still want more, but I have a ton of homebrew on my 1.5 PSP....

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 06:21:35 am »
I think Sony should make the Giga Pack the standard pack from now on (though I don't think you need the little stand for the PSP) and drop the price to 200 or under.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 11:02:17 am »
Well, PSX games on PSP would seriously rock...

The best thing about Sony's new, high-powered handheld would be the fact that you can play ten-year old games on it?

Sorry: the fact that you can pay your money again to play ten-year old games that you've already played with no improvements at all on it?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 12:11:02 pm »
You could say the same about the Wii's virtual console, or Xbox Live. It is a big factor for a lot of people who want to have all their old games on a newer platform so they don't have to dig out their old systems.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 12:51:59 pm »
You could say the same about the Wii's virtual console, or Xbox Live. It is a big factor for a lot of people who want to have all their old games on a newer platform so they don't have to dig out their old systems.

Actually, I think it's less useful. A PS2 can already do BC well enough to play all the PSX games, and I haven't heard of any major shifts towards the older games. Most people seem more interested in the new stuff, which I think is part of the PlayStation marketing model. The idea of next-gen graphics, fresh, young, hip. The thing with the Nintendo systems is that not a single one has been backwards compatible till the Wii. So the nostalgia level works a little differently on the Wii as opposed to a PlayStation.