Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console  (Read 10938 times)

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Wii Virtual Console
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:37:02 pm »
I was wondering if anyone was having problems with the Virtual Console Games on the Wii?

I have Sonic and it seems to lock up all the time.  It just freezeds and I have to reset it.  It has happened af few times on the Nintnedo games too.

Anyone have this problem?  I am curious to try the Turbo-16 games.

Thanks!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 05:51:43 pm »
You should probably post this on Nintendo's technical forum.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:40:24 am »
I've been looking forward to playing Super Mario RPG on the SNES since I was about 15, but it never came out in PAL territories. With the Virtual Console I was all set to download and play through it at long last, but I just found out that games aren't coming out in regions that they haven't previously come out in! So previously NTSC-only games will stay NTSC-only. I'll never get to play Super Mario RPG! Stupid Europe.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:46:58 am »
**cough**rom**cough**

I dont normally recommend it, but think of it this way: You tried everything possible to try to get the game by conventional means, if you could've bought it you would've so nintendo loses absolutely no money from your having it because without the rom you never would've played it.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 04:48:26 pm »
**cough**rom**cough**

I dont normally recommend it, but think of it this way: You tried everything possible to try to get the game by conventional means, if you could've bought it you would've so nintendo loses absolutely no money from your having it because without the rom you never would've played it.
Hmm, I don't think so. I wouldn't know where to start going about that (not a request, just a fact), I have plenty of other games to be getting on with and I'm not a fan of the whole roms scene. I shall accept my fate. Sigh.
Don't touch the screen!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:53:20 pm »
I've been looking forward to playing Super Mario RPG on the SNES since I was about 15, but it never came out in PAL territories. With the Virtual Console I was all set to download and play through it at long last, but I just found out that games aren't coming out in regions that they haven't previously come out in! So previously NTSC-only games will stay NTSC-only. I'll never get to play Super Mario RPG! Stupid Europe.

What seriosuly? Thats crap why the hell would they do that?

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 07:08:29 pm »

What seriosuly? Thats crap why the hell would they do that?
They'd still have to do the PAL conversion, I suppose, and it's not worth it.
Don't touch the screen!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 07:58:37 pm »
How they just have to emulate it don't they?

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
How they just have to emulate it don't they?
Well they'd have to make the 60Hz NTSC res. game work with the 50Hz PAL standard and they'd have to translate the game into French, German etc. I guess they don't want to push the boat out for games that only a few might care about. I don't know if the Wii emulation software would make the game work, but even if it could there's still the language thing.
Don't touch the screen!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 09:13:14 pm »
I dont care about the language (I'm sure some might) In anycase here in australia many tvs now run in PAL 60 games like obvlivion on 360 require a PAL 60 tv to be played. Paper Mario 1000 year door has the option to choose 50 or 60. I'll assume NTSC 60 and PAL 60 are similar. Just port the american version over its the very least they could do. if anyone tries to tell me Chrono trigger would be limited interest you got another thing coming everyone I know has wanted that game. The only reason I'm interested in the virtual console is so i can play those RPGs that were never released here in Australia.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 10:35:23 am »
I was wondering if anyone was having problems with the Virtual Console Games on the Wii?

I have Sonic and it seems to lock up all the time. It just freezeds and I have to reset it. It has happened af few times on the Nintnedo games too.

Anyone have this problem? I am curious to try the Turbo-16 games.

Thanks!

No problems thus far from my end. I have Sonic, Zelda, and Bonk, and have thus far played all of them unscathed. Yeah, this is definitely something I'd call Nintendo's Customer Service on and see if they have any suggestions.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 08:32:39 pm »
So how is Bonk?  Is it just as good as it was on the Turbo-16?  Can you use the classic controller with it? 

I see they also have Ecco the Dolphin and Golden Axe too!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 11:12:55 pm »
So how is Bonk? Is it just as good as it was on the Turbo-16? Can you use the classic controller with it?

Bonk is very good for an old-school platformer, and yes, it plays the exact same as the original for the TG16. Which isn't surprising since Nintendo is priding itself on the Virtual Console with 'perfect ports.' Best of all, the TG16 games can all be played using the Wiimote alone. Just turn it sideways into NES-style and you can easily play any of them.

I see they also have Ecco the Dolphin and Golden Axe too!

I'd wait till Ecco 2 to grab one of them. Never much cared for the first Ecco, but the 2nd was great. Golden Axe is fun so long as you have another person to play with.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 07:42:50 pm »
Remembers playing Golden Axe on PC that was great never made it to the end though got well on easy I did but that was like level 4 is the end. Me and my friend back then got pretty far almost to the end.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 09:35:09 pm »
I got given i ton of Wii points for xmas so I been getting stuck into the VC. I got Mario 64 this morning and am enjoying it using a Gamcube controller it all works real nice. I also got DKC for the SNES this is where I had a problem as the buttons are in different places it is very awkward to play ont he GC controller. back ont he SNES if you think of the buttons as North South East and West then the B uttoner for jumping is south and Y for running and roll attacks is West. However ont he GC controller B is West and Y is north. and it is very hard to push B and Y together it is a terible postion I assume ont he Calssic controller the configoration is much similar to the SNES controller. But witht he GC I wish they could have mapped the button so they in the same place not on the same labled buttons. At the very least some how aloud the option to switch between the way they have it and other way.