Author Topic: .  (Read 291120 times)

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
Re: Left 4 Dead - Suprise Valve Zombie Game
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2007, 10:45:40 pm »
I played many zombie mods for HL2 multiplayer and with Gmod.
And I will like Left 4 Dead the most I think, because it will simply own the others.  ;D
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 06:52:39 am »
Heh he starts of that preview saying its the best game experience he ever had, now a reviewer just simply cannot say that, its just wrong, unless he is being paid extremely well, or he is a fool, or if the game truly is all that.
Luckily this game would appear to be the absolute bomb of 2007, I personally cannot wait :)
Well, it is a fansite for the game, so you can't expect it to be too objective ;) But it does give a good overview of the game.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 09:17:49 am »
Kev, the current version of Zombie Survival for GMod is fantastic! Have you played the recent ones? I'm really enjoying them. Once you get good at playing humans, you basically get an adrenaline rush at the end of every game as you desparately try to hold out.

But it has only gotten me more excited for this game. I can't wait for this one.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 04:02:54 pm »
Kev, the current version of Zombie Survival for GMod is fantastic! Have you played the recent ones? I'm really enjoying them. Once you get good at playing humans, you basically get an adrenaline rush at the end of every game as you desparately try to hold out.

But it has only gotten me more excited for this game. I can't wait for this one.
Yeah ZS is awesome, except on zs_termites I hope thats right. The people hid in the attic and blocked the stairs off. I couldn't get in... :-\ Still fun though. ;D
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 07:16:06 pm »
I cannot wait to play this my friends. Four of us versus a city of zombies? Heck yes!

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 08:47:34 pm »
I don't keep track of the names of the maps, but it's true that any time there's a really easy hold-out spot, the game pretty much sucks. I don't know what the map was called, but it was a typical "There's a house with a basement" map. There was no entrances requiring crouching or an easily barricaded one-entrance room or something game breaking like that. Instead, the basement had a few objects to barricade with, was pretty big, and had three entrances. One was from the outside, one was from the house above, and another one that...well, I honestly don't know where that entrance came from, but zombies poured out of there. The ending of that one wasn't "I hope they don't open the door," but instead nothing but "I hope I don't run out of ammo right now." It was a constant stream of zombies, all four of the remaining humans (which left about 30 zombies) had either an uzi or a shotgun (I was on ventrilo with two of them, which made this fight a LOT of fun), and although we won, I got separated in the final flood of the zombie horde and died with 4 seconds left. It was still a GREAT time, with that music blaring wonderfully.

Speaking of that music, I LOVE THAT STUFF. I had no idea such a simple system for dynamic music could be so effective. For those who haven't played ZS, there's a meter on the bottom that rises depending on the amount of zombies around you, from "Perfectly safe" to "Horror Show" to "OH S***." Each level that it rises, another part of the song goes, until finally it's a full song. It's a little difficult to describe, but trust me when I say that it almost always fits the mood perfectly.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 03:31:40 pm »
I don't keep track of the names of the maps, but it's true that any time there's a really easy hold-out spot, the game pretty much sucks. I don't know what the map was called, but it was a typical "There's a house with a basement" map. There was no entrances requiring crouching or an easily barricaded one-entrance room or something game breaking like that. Instead, the basement had a few objects to barricade with, was pretty big, and had three entrances. One was from the outside, one was from the house above, and another one that...well, I honestly don't know where that entrance came from, but zombies poured out of there. The ending of that one wasn't "I hope they don't open the door," but instead nothing but "I hope I don't run out of ammo right now." It was a constant stream of zombies, all four of the remaining humans (which left about 30 zombies) had either an uzi or a shotgun (I was on ventrilo with two of them, which made this fight a LOT of fun), and although we won, I got separated in the final flood of the zombie horde and died with 4 seconds left. It was still a GREAT time, with that music blaring wonderfully.

Speaking of that music, I LOVE THAT STUFF. I had no idea such a simple system for dynamic music could be so effective. For those who haven't played ZS, there's a meter on the bottom that rises depending on the amount of zombies around you, from "Perfectly safe" to "Horror Show" to "OH S***." Each level that it rises, another part of the song goes, until finally it's a full song. It's a little difficult to describe, but trust me when I say that it almost always fits the mood perfectly.
That was the map, horribly unstable, and very unfair to the zombies.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 04:22:06 pm »

Is that for GMod 10? I really need to buy that already.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 04:35:11 pm »

Is that for GMod 10? I really need to buy that already.

GMod 9 is pretty much dead of updates compared to GMod 10, there's almost no comparison between the two in terms of modded content for them. Get it, it's only 10$!

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32:12 pm »
Gunner, we must've gotten lucky, then. I think there were other humans who tried to hold out in the attic, because all of our meters were very high despite being only pestered by a few zombies, which means they were probably above us, and after a few humans died things suddenly got much more heated. I'm glad it wasn't broken by an unfair hold-out position. Ours was actually ideal for any game, where the zombies have room to run and attack us, yet we had a good enough position to put up a fair defense.

Smurf, listen to Metallic. He speaks the truth!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 04:01:53 pm »
1up has a good preview of the game Here: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10873

I think I might have to get this game now. I love co-op and randomly generated stuff.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 03:19:48 am »
Does anyone here know Zombie Master? It's a mod for Half Life 2.

As example we take a server with 10 people.
One of them is the 'Zombie Master' (ZM). The ZM sees the map from a top-down view, like a RTS he controles his zombies. He can spawn them and then control them, all the zombies are NPC's. The zombies are totally re-skinned and have new models, the 'slow zombies' are just like citizens but then with blood all over they just look like real (not mutated) zombie people. And then you have the Banshees, they are like the fast zombies in HL2 but now they have a new model(from HL2). Then the Hulks, these zombies are very strong and big. They look like the Poison zombie from HL2 but this time he hasn't got headcrabs on him and he isn't fat but he is long. And at last you have a strange zombie, he doesn't have arms or legs, he just float over the ground. (NOT flying). The ZM can do fun traps too.

Then the other 9 on the server are survivors. (as example I take the dock map.)
they have to find parts for their truck to leave, they need to find a back tire, a front tire, 2 fuel cans and a battery. they need to put it in the truck or behind it. The parts are put somewhere in the map, and you will have to work together, because it is very hard to run away from (for example) a banshee when holding a tire. As survivor you can create barricades or just fight the zombies with a crowbar, sledgehammer or just a handgun or shotgun, and if you can't find a weapon, you need to fight with your fists.

More info about this (RELEASED, in beta version) mod here: http://www.zombiemaster.org/

(SORRY, I did not saw the thread.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:29:01 am by The_Kev »
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:34 am »
peeps, ingame footage preview!

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10873

its nice! ;D

EDIT': whow, sorry ilikesanta, i didnt saw your post :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:22:55 am by xenomorph »
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 09:22:51 am »
I've watched that video a few times since it popped up. One of the most amazing things about the footage is how the zombies run. It's so frantic and realistic, and they actually lean when they change directions, their arms just flailing. This game is going to be intense.

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 12:47:49 pm »
I've watched that video a few times since it popped up. One of the most amazing things about the footage is how the zombies run. It's so frantic and realistic, and they actually lean when they change directions, their arms just flailing. This game is going to be intense.

Yes, the animations also mesmerized me.