Author Topic: The Draki - Drake 3 team project - Huckbuck is leaving, looking for a new leader  (Read 19070 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
TRIBAL STAGE
Im leaving, check last post for info.

The Draki

DRAKE 3

Planet: Drake 3
Revolution around the Homestar: 297 Revolutions
Planet Revolution: 16 hours per day
Number of Moons: 1
Gravity: 1 G
Axis Tilt: 35 Degrees
Temperature: Cool (north) to warm (south).
Atmosphere: balanced  CO2 and O2
Volcanic Activity: very acctive

Nuclearchinchilla(creator of the Draki) describing the creature:

Well that was faster than expected.  This is the version I'm hoping would be the sapient version of the podling.  It has a "face" on each of the 4 sides of it's body consisting of 2 eyes and new, recently developed organs.  The long tubular organ above the eyes ends in a hole and is now the way that the podlings breath, no longer through their appendage.  It also features as their means of communication, projecting horn-like sounds, they can articulate through the constricting and retracting muscles inside that can close off the openings.  Also they have ears, on either side of the base of these organs.  They smell through receptors directly within their arm/mouth appendage.

THE SPECIAL REPRODUCTION SYSTEM OF THE DRAKI:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This form of Podling has evolved to grow a reproduction pod within in itself and once the pod hardens, it drops the pod in secure place, sometimes placing sticks or leaves around it to hide it.  The pod that it drops then releases spores into the air and gets spores from other pods to fertilize itself and grow up to three new podlings within it.  Spores can spread as far as 2 kilometers and help from creatures such as the crawlers help fertilize the pods as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members:

Huckbuck (Leader)
BioCat (Vice Leader)
Nuclearchinchilla
Alwayswatching
Taylor Flame
Stuckin2004
Kratok
Balthamael

REMEMBER!
We start at age 0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:05:19 am by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
Re: Tribal Stage - The Draki - Drake 3 team project
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:14:06 pm »
Gen 1
-------------------------------------

Umkorpp year: 100

evolved from: Basic Draki

The Crater Island is a strange island, its one of the few places on Drake 3 were no Iron Forests can be found. No Iron Forests means that none of thoose creatures that depend Iron Forests live there. The island is dominated by Horned Quiladons and other creatures that lives in the "normal" forests (consisting of Gnarled Palmtrees, Lizard Palm, and other non iron trees). In the big marsh on the east coast (Called Um-Pa by the inhabitans, Um is their name for themself, so Um-Pa means "our home") the Umkorpp tribe lives in a great cave lead by the elder Draki Korpp. Their population is about 200 and they have three basic "works". Number one is Commoner. They do everything from creating artifacts to cook the food, the commoner do what needs to be done. Number two is Hunter. They hunt food with weapons made by the commoners, the most common weapons is the hornspear (see bellow) and a sharp stone. The third one is caretaker. They look after the young podlings and that take up most of their time. The leader Korpp is the organizer and when a you Draki podling is born he chooses which work they are going to have as a grown up. Korpp is also the priest and he knows when the gods are angry or happy. The Umkorpp tribe doesnt have a complicated religion, they believe in one evil and one good god who rule the world together as brothers. The tribe was formed year 12 by Korpp's father, also named Korpp. The prey for the hunters are different types of fish and Horned Quiladons. The horns of the Quiladon is used to create hornspears, and their meat tastes good, that makes it a perfect prey, although its a strong opponent that sometimes kills some of the hunters, making hunter the most dangerous of the three works.

Mountain of The White Feathertail

The big mountain on the Crater Island is called "Mountain of The White Feathertail" because of an ancient story about a gigantic white feathertail that killed the first Cheiftain, father of Korpp. It is rumored that the White Feathertail was killed by the Cheiftain when he at old age was out hunting and he and his warband were hunting feathertails in the mountain. The elder of the feathertail, with feathers that had been bleached over the ages attacked the cheiftain and slayed him in one single hit, the rest of the warband fled and the according to the story the White Feathertail still lives up in the mountains. The Draki of the Umkorpp tribe are very superstitious, so they stay away from the mountain and sometimes sacrifce meat to the gods to keep the Feathertails away. The story about the White Feathertail is one of the first and oldest ones on on the island and it is a common story to scare young podlings with. In one of the deepest tunnels can a painting be found made by the old chieftains warband. With swamp tar they painted the story in one picture.

This is the first cave painting on Umkorpp, probably painted around year 70. It shows the cheiftain dead body with the gigant Feathertail, with small feathertails around him and the warband of Draki watching.

-------------------------------------

Well thats it! Please post if ive missed something.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:28:51 am by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 01:19:38 pm »
Great work! You should also open another OOC version.

And how should we take it from here? Should each of us create our own tribes that were created from this one or open other tribes in other areas?

Oh and I won't have a lot of time tomorrow to make things but hopefully the day after I could start getting more involved.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 04:20:59 pm »
This is great so far i cannot wait to see more on it :D

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:01:46 am »
Do you think you could give us a map of the current world so we can find places to put our tribes in, and know how far away other tribes are? It doesnt have to be anything special, just showing colouring the land 1 shade of brown would suffice, but I would dearly like it. Until then, I will work on the culture. :D

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:00:30 am »
Just make you tirbes were ever you want them, you dont have to evolve from this one.

Taylor, there is a map over in the creature thread, I can post it here. And I will create a science thread.

EDIT: uppdated the Umkorpp tribe and the first page.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:29:40 am by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:09:09 am »
No gen from me today, dont have time. Maybe its to often to have one gen per day, it takes more time to create a tribe then to create a creature.
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 11:25:10 am »
A gen from me real soon. And yeah a generation per day seems a little hard.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:56 am »
Waddaya think? every other day? Or maybe even less often?
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 11:31:46 am »
Every other day might work I think :), lets try and see.

Hi there everybody, though I didn’t have a lot of time I decided to start working on my tribe. I still don’t really get how the generation are going to work but lets give it a go first and then see. A tribe per generation or an update per generation? I am not sure.

Oh and another thing, we should really start naming things like continents lakes and so on. I will start doing it while writing on my tribe.

Evolved from: The basic Draki.

The Kampa Tribe:

This very primitive society lives in the shores of the small southern western continent called Gabash. They live in a swampy area near the bay of primeval lands. (They can be recognized on the map as the red X).

They live in very primitive borrows they dig inside the muddy ground. The whole tribe contains no more then 50 members and is leaded by a small group of adults called “The Strong Brothers”. Most of them are the bisexual family heads or the most powerful hunters. They take care of the hunting and protect the tribe from other scavengers. Most of the other tribe members either guard the babies, help the hunter carry the food or gather fruits. This tribe’s main food source is the No Stream Riders. These unique creatures can be found all around the shores and they use them for weapons, food and leathers.

Their main weapon is called the No Spear. This spear is made from a Gnarled tree branch that is connected to the No’s tusks and horn using leather straps. They mainly use it against invaders though it was originally designed for hunting.

The Blue X in the map represents a near group of Draki hunters that tend to raid the Kampa tribe. They rarely kill Draki but often steal their food.

The Strong Brothers:

As I wrote before this group is the group that rules the Kampa tribe. They contain about 20% of the tribe members (10 members our of 50) and they take care of all the warriors’ tasks like hunting or killing marauding Draki. They are usually quite talented with the No spear though sometimes they use pieces of stones or canes. The Strong Brothers can be recognized by their tribal markings. These are created using rotten pieces of No Rider meat. They squeeze the congealed blood from the meat and pull it over their faces in straight lines, two in each side of the eyes and one on their foreheads. When decisions are need to be made like whether or not to move the tribe because of a flood, or which kind or fruit should they gather, all the strong brothers gather away from the other tribe members and debate. This usually ends with fistfights where the stronger wins and determines the result. This might be a rather primitive way of government but it works fine for these warriors.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:24:45 pm by BioCat »

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 12:39:17 pm »
Nice BioCat! And I agree, we should start naming the continets and such.
@davidramnero

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:05:22 pm »
The Ulk Tribe
Gen 1

The Ulk tribe reside in a fertile area near the north, on the edge of Ulk Bay.
(The purple rectangle is their placement on the world map, this might be a good idea for everyone to do with their first tribal post, so we all know where eachother are globally)

close-up

The Ulk eat much of the vegetation around them.  When in need of resources they go out and hunt for them.  The resources they use are mostly the hides of Orange Hugemaws, which reside on the ridge to the south; and the claws and poison of the Landmaw which resides near the shore of the bay and on an island at it's center.  The poison of the landmaw is used to treat hugemaw hide and turn it into tough leather.  Hugemaw hide is the best to treat into leather due to the thickness of it's hide.  The claws of the landmaws are fastened to strips of hard gnarled palm bark, to make spears.  They eat all the meat off their prey and what they can't eat or save they leave at the base of Trynadon Ridge to appease the packs of Trynadons that live there(It's believed by the Ulk that if they offer the Trynadons food the Trynadons will not prey on their tribe.).

Here is a spear and an example of a Hugemaw-Hide dwelling.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:13:59 pm by nuclearchinchila »

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 12:23:11 am »
The Okrek Tribe:

The Okrek Tribe originally settled on Derakon Island. They have also spread to Oki Island, and Harak Island. They currently have 4 different settlements, where most of the tribe live. These are shown on the map as red dots. The Okreks did not realise how much the islands they settled on were infested with Orange Hugemaws, but they have learnt to adapt, by becoming skilled at hiding, tracking, and fighting larger foes in groups. Due to the Hugemaws, they have become an aggressive society out of necessity. They could be refered to as violent hunter-gatherers. As their tribe lives on 3 seperate islands, they naturally have water travel technology. They have strange rafts,that are thick cylinders, which has many holes of various sizes bored into it with various spears. Some are used for sitting in, and some are for storage.

The most used too of the Okreks is the spear. These come in many different varieties, but there are 2 main types. There is a basic spear made with a normal wooden pole and a sharpened rock used mainly for cutting tied to the end. It can be used for gathering, and rarely, self defence against foes. They are generally not very well made. The other main type of spear is a finely made spear with the pole being made of specially chosen Ironwood, the is collected during hunting/gathering forrays on the mainland. The point of the spear is used for stabbing during hunting and self defence, and certain points may also be capable of slicing. The points are made out of crafted Hugemaw teeth. Both types can be found in this picture:

The religion of the Okreks is a somewhat saddening one. It says that all fallen Draki will go up to the Okinkru Kell (Eternal Battle) to fight off neverending hoardes of Hugemaws for years. As soon as they have proven themselves worthy during years of non-stop battle against all odds, they get to go to a sort of heaven, which is a place where each Draki lives in its own flying island, and everything they need or want falls from trees when requested. The islands can meld for periods of time, meaning Draki can meet up at will. However, those Draki that die in the Okinkru Kell are forced to live a new life as a Draki on Drake 3, and upon death, try and prove themself all over again.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 12:41:01 am »
Remember, Huckbuck made a OOC/fan thread over here: The Draki - Voting Thread - Drake 3 team project.  Let's try to keep this one uncluttered.  I should be starting one of my (in/famous?) incoherent rants anytime now, about (possible) Draki mating practices.   :o

I think a tribe a day is too fast.  Everyone should get a tribe made, before they make another tribe.  They could update details of their tribe every day till it was time to make another.  Lot's of retcon action till it's all workable, then have tribe destructions,mergers, and splits.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Sweet.  A proto-fatalist religion.  Good job TaylorFlame.

As their tribe lives on 3 seperate islands, they naturally have water travel technology.
Considering their size and habitat I figured they could/would swim like Asian elephants do.  Just a thought.

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 01:22:35 am »
Ah yes, I forgot about their size, thanks for reminding me. :D Well, they need something to transport goods from island to island.