Author Topic: Wii Friend Codes  (Read 22943 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Wii Friend Codes
« on: November 24, 2006, 02:31:12 pm »
PHI seems to have left us but, if you add your Wii code to this thread I'll add it to the forum sticky.
-Danzik

The point of this thread is to make available Friend Codes for use with Nintendo's new system, the Wii.  When providing your Friend Code, please include the information in the following format: Name --> Friend Code --> Name of Primary Mii you'll be sharing. That will make it easier for me to copy and paste it into the OP and help people identify your Mii once it's sent to them.

Also: Make certain your Friend Code is correct when you post it; it takes only a moment to verify but will save people on the other side of things time in the long run.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

How do I find my Wii's Friend Code?

The Wii Menu

Your Friend Code is located on the front of your Address Book. To access your Address Book, click on the Mail Icon in the lower right-hand side of the screen. [This can also be called the 'Wii Messageboard' but we'll call it 'Wii Mail' for now 'cause it's shorter and a pun. :) ] Once you're in your Mail screen, on which various updates, messages, and the like will be recorded, there are two Icons on the left-hand side of the screen at the bottom. Click on the one that's 2nd from the left, labeled helpfully enough, "Address Book." Once in your Address Book, you should see the following:

If you don't, click on the arrows along either side of the Address Book' listings till you see it. Your Wii Friend Code is located in the gray'd out portion of the above picture.

How do I register someone's Friend Code on my Wii?

First, you have to know what their Friend Code is. [This is the entire point of this thread, after all. ;) ] Once you have their Friend Code, access the Address Book in the same way as you did before. But this time, click the Register button in the right-hand corner (as visible in the pic above). A mini-window will appear for the Friend Code to be entered. Click on that and enter the Friend Code using the Wii's numeric keypad. Once you've put it in, click 'OK.' [Note: If you enter the Friend Code incorrectly, don't worry -- the Wii will reject the Code and let you know there's an error with it.]

After this another mini-window will appear in the original's place asking for a Name for the Friend Code. Click on it and type in the person's name. [Note: This doesn't have to be any particular name. It can be whatever you want it to be, so I would recommend making it a name that will help you remember who that person is.] Once it's been entered to your satisfaction, hit 'OK' again.

Say 'OK' to any further mini-windows that pop up, till you get back to the Address Book. The person you just entered will appear in the 1st open spot in your Address Book and will be colored grey. Once that person has added you as well into their Address Book, it will become black and you can send messages between one another. While grey, however, the name is useless, so make sure to let the person you added know you're waiting to be registered on their Wii.

How do I send someone in my Address Book my Mii?

Once someone's name has turned black in your Address Book, you are able to exhange messages with them and send them your Mii(s). To do this, go to the Mii Channel (where you made your Mii originally). On the right side of the screen, there are three Icons: Mii Parade, Transfer Mii, and Wii Friend. Select Wii Friend. A small window will appear at the top-center of your screen, in which you can drag the Mii you would like to send. Once you've placed a Mii into the window, a list of your Friends will pop up on the screen. [Mind you, this will only include those in your Address Book that have turned black; gray names will not be an option.] Select the one you want to send your Mii to and hit 'OK' when the system prompts you. It should take anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds to send it.

Can I send emails to my Wii from a computer or mobile phone?

Yes. Go into your Wii's Address Book. When it asks if you are entering an Address for a Wii or 'Other,' choose the latter one. When prompted, type in the email address of the external [ie. non-Wii] contact, then assign it a name. Once it's been added, you can send and receive emails to one another without a hitch (though it might be necessary to have your Wii's email address registered in the email contact's Friends / Contacts list). Your Wii's email address is represented by the following: w[insert Wii Friend Code here]@wii.com. That is...w1111222233334444@wii.com.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 06:47:55 pm by Danzik »

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Friend Codes [OP Updated Regularly]
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 05:39:25 pm »
I believe he's already aware of that. Why don't you look at that other thread?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:49:19 am »
He knows about the other thread, he's trying to make a place with information for people who are just getting their system. A nice idea I think, I'll probably need to know this when I finally get mine. I'll sticky it for you.

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
Primary Mii for sharing = "Sloan"

Offline Global Nexus

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 01:18:09 pm »
Ooo. Nice. Having just gotten my Wii, I'm REALLY excited to see everyone's Mii's and stuff. My Wii code, in the format you requested, is as follows:

Global Nexus --> 7054 4586 9858 7818 --> Genna

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 05:14:46 pm »
I will add you to my Wii as I want as many Miis as possible!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 10:32:12 am »
Added Global and Tylui's 'Sloan' Mii to the OP. Also: If you guys have anything else you'd like to see added to it, please let me know. Any other FAQ-type issues I could address in it?

EDIT: And thanks, Global, for putting it in the format I asked for. Makes life very, very painless.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:56:31 am by PHI-1618 »

gec05

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 02:28:11 pm »
I'm a little unsatisfied that hardly anyone else has come forward to putting their codes. I know there are more out there, c'mon you guys. :(

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 02:59:18 pm »
I'm a little unsatisfied that hardly anyone else has come forward to putting their codes. I know there are more out there, c'mon you guys. :(

I've noticed there hasn't been a lot of activity on the Wii front lately, though there's always the possibility that people are having difficulty getting the thing online for whatever reason. Still, I would have expected more of a turn-out. Oh well.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 03:47:26 pm »
Hey PHI-1618 how did you set up that banner that has your Wii code in it?  I'd like to do one myself :)

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 09:12:24 pm »
Hey PHI-1618 how did you set up that banner that has your Wii code in it? I'd like to do one myself :)

Oh. Hmm. In Paint. Just save the image from my signature, take it into any graphics editor (doesn't matter how complex it is really), black over my information and insert your own using whichever font you want. Sorry: I tend to make things as simple as possible due to my software limitations. Wish there were a template online that people could use, but I'm afraid I just winged it.

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 09:14:56 pm »
Microsoft Paint: a tool so powerful, it lost all of its features.

It's what I use for everything. No joke.  Even music.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 09:19:58 pm »
Microsoft Paint: a tool so powerful, it lost all of its features.

It's what I use for everything. No joke. Even music.

It's actually pretty sad. A friend of mine is deeply into graphics manipulation and the like, uses all these high-priced software elements and whatnot -- and I was able to get something looking pretty decent in Paint before he was able to in one of those $1000 or some ridiculous amount of money programs. His looked better in the long run, but it took me a lot less time.

But that's how I measure things: Does it look good and how long did it take to produce it? The banner in my sig took me all of two minutes or so. That's not bragging, just illustrating my mentality on the whole thing.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 11:16:35 am »
My code is LadyM ->7395 2396 5746 7559 -> LadyM
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:30:14 am by LadyM »

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 11:20:16 am »
Lady M has been added. :) Glad you found one!