Poll

How should I continue with the vvukkrauur?

Everything chronologically, no skipping ahead
Evrything chronologically, but I can go back and do past stuff that I didn't do earlier
Do everything whenever I feel like it, with no regard to chronology

Author Topic: Vvukkrauur  (Read 34990 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Vvukkrauur
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:49:00 pm »
Woah...well I gotta give It to you...defanatly good...wow...and It has a trunk which I like :) Is that like Zyyo a little...It acts as a mouth and not a Nose?

Like the colours too...also what are those ball things above the nostril things?

The "trunk" is a mouth, and not a nose. And "those ball things" are how it communicates. I will give a full (in depth) description tomorrow.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 06:55:22 pm »
cool...that's like my Zyyo...at first they only had a trunk but then I decided to also give them a mouth cos they wouldn't be able to actually eat properly with only a trunk...so now they have a mouth and a trunk like thing...so I take It that It talks using Vibrations? I like this creature really unique at first I thought It said 5-8 metres tall and I was like

:o :o :o
Then I was like...oh...there's points...meh.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 09:31:09 pm »
awesome!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 10:27:46 pm »
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o 8)

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:45:25 am »
Grazony, you dont think you used kinda lot of "!", wouldnt it be enough with three, or maybe even one?
@davidramnero

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 07:15:08 am »
Yay!! You finally finished coloring and posted them. Very unique creature and I really like the environment picture.

Go go Vvukkrauur!!  :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 08:14:23 am »
Go go Vvukkrauur!! :)

now you've got the old power rangers song stuck in my head  :D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 09:07:24 am »

(^click to enlarge^)

Full Description:

Physical Description:

Senses/Communication: The vvukkrauur have 4 eyes, two on each side. The eyes on each side are stacked one above the other, creating a vertical stereoscopic vision. They are mounted on bony eye stalks, which can move independently of each other. This gives them two fields of vision, a left and a right one. There is an area in the middle where both left and right meet together; they have extremely acute depth perception in this area. Their sense of touch is nothing extraordinary, though it is greater than that of a human. The most sensitive areas are (in order from most to least): the four spikes on the rear of the body used for laying eggs, the fingered lips of the mouth, and the palms of the four hands. Their sense of smell is roughly the same as a humans. Their nostrils each have an independent respiratory system. This means that they can each breathe in and out by alternating left and right, allowing a near constant flow of air into the body. Their hearing is, while more sensitive in certain aspects, not as well developed as a humans. The ears, which are located on the top of the body, either side of the bony crown, are well tuned to pick up the semi-muffled sounds the voice bladders make. They are not, however, as good at filtering out other sounds from each other. The voice bladders (located right behind the two nostrils on the "face") are each linked to their respective nostril by the windpipe to the lungs. The way they make sounds is by closing the air flow to their nostril and forcing the exhaled air through the opening inside the bladder, creating sound. When the bladder cannot expand anymore, the opening opens wide and all the air escapes back out of the nostrils. Because of the unique method of respirating, they can talk almost continuously by alternating which side they talk on.

Locomotion: The vvukkrauur have four limbs, each with four opposable digits. This allows then to climb the twisting trees which inhabit their environment. Each of those digits are also hoofed, which mean they can also climb over the cliffs and crags of the cave walls with relative ease. So good are they at climbing, that they even "run" regularly, without fear of falling. Their mouth-limb, is also used in locomotion, though usually just for balance, since it cannot bear as much weight as the rest of the limbs.

Reproduction: The vvukkrauur have 3 genders, each which can reproduce with an other, including those of the same gender. The three genders (let's call them BB, BS, and SS) vary in size and markings. The BB tend to be larger, with a darker, greener appearance. The BS are generally the middle sized gender, the picture above is of the BS gender. The SS are usually smaller, with a lighter, more yellowy appearance. The distribution of genders is approximately 25% BB, 50% BS, and 25% SS. Because of their slight size differences, the BB tend to be more aggressive while the SS tend to be more submissive. After reproducing, both parents lay an egg, and they take turns caring for the two eggs.

Environment:

The vvukkrauur are a climbing species that live in an exposed cave environment. These are massive interlocking caves which have since been exposed to the outside and have largely eroded enough for there to be significant space between rocks. These caves can be over 3 km deep, so very little sunlight will reach the bottom, which is quite often filled with water. The vvukkrauur inhabit an area in the upper middle of these caves. There it is still bright, but direct sunlight is almost never seen. This area of the caves is home to various species of climbing trees and plants. The animals in this region of the caves include many small climbing and/or flying animals.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:35:25 am by Oviraptor »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 09:21:32 am »
that's bs!  :D :P
cool
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 09:22:58 am »
Nice description. Three genders is cool, don't think I've heard that one before.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 09:27:16 am »
that's bs!  :D :P
cool
Ha, I was like, Hey that's mean! And then I read the article.
Pretty interesting idea actually.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 12:44:51 pm »
Very nice!

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 01:10:49 pm »
Very well described. Bravo.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 01:30:13 pm »
Ovi, this is so unique! It gives me hope that the creatures in spore you face wont be as boring as thoose from the leipzig videos.
@davidramnero

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 10:58:49 am »
Once again thanks for all the comments!

I made a Wiki for them last night: http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Vvukkrauur