Poll

How should I continue with the vvukkrauur?

Everything chronologically, no skipping ahead
Evrything chronologically, but I can go back and do past stuff that I didn't do earlier
Do everything whenever I feel like it, with no regard to chronology

Author Topic: Vvukkrauur  (Read 26677 times)

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Vvukkrauur
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 11:07:20 am »

Spike Berry plants grow in the mid range of the exposed caves. The main part of the plant consists of a stiff yellowish stalk. The stalk is rigid in order to prevent animals from getting at its delicious berries, which grow near the base of the stalk. The plant grows in small cracks or ledges, sending its roots into the cracks for support. When the berries are ripe enough, they turn hard and dry out. Once they reach a certain level of hardness, they pop, releasing many tiny seeds, which have small hairs on them to carry them in the wind. When the seed lands somewhere, it will start to grow, but only if it comes in contact with water.

The sap hammer is a small climber of trees, about 20 centimeters long. They spend their whole lives on the surface of the cliff trees. In order to reach the sap, which they eat, they hammer their mouth repeatedly in the same spot. They reproduce in the same three-gendered way as most vertebrates. They lay their eggs in nests made mostly of soft leaves in places where the trees are semi-level. They lay one or two eggs each in the nest and they share care of the eggs until they hatch. Once hatched, the parents will feed it sap by carrying it in a small pouch in its throat, spitting it back out into the young mouths. The young have to lay on their backs to be fed, because of their down-turned beaks.

Skullface are carnivorous animals with a large bony beak meant for tearing into the flesh of its prey. About 40 centimeters long, and just as tall, the skullface are gliders. They have sharp claws, which are used for clinging to bark, not for killing prey. They eat mostly small animals, gliding in at high speeds to crush their prey with their strong beaks. They have excellent eye sight, using their forward eyes to pick out prey, and their side-facing eyes as peripherals. Reproducing in the same three gendered way, they lay their eggs on top of ledges. When the eggs hatch, they young stay in the nest, the parents feeding scraps from recent meals. The bright color of the beak is uses as a way to impress mates, and also to warn other creatures.

Offline LadyM

• Doom Space Marine
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 07:07:12 pm »
Nice update on the other creatures. I see the 3 genders applies to all the animals on the planet. That's really a unique concept.
Rules-LadyMpire-YouTube-Twitter
Starbound and Minecraft server: ask me

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 03:03:21 pm »
Okay, does anyone know Wiki? How do I prevent this from happening?

Vvukkrauur (C|G) (Oviraptor more)

I have a page for them, so why doesn't it recognize it? (I even used the creature creator thingy on the bottom to make the page...)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:08:58 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline huggkruka

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 03:21:27 pm »
I think it needs to be called Vvukkrauur(Concept) for it to recognize it. Not sure though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:23:01 pm by huggkruka »

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 08:13:04 pm »

During the stone age, vvukkrauur live in small tribes with up to a dozen members. They utilize the many smaller cave sections in their exposed cave environment for shelter during the night. Each tribe has their own cave, with the surrounding territory being claimed with the cave in the center. They typically build a fire near the opening of the cave, with the sleeping quarters farther back. They use primitive tools made from wood and chipped rock. The tools are used for hunting, fire tending, and cooking. Depicted in the picture (clockwise from the top right) are the BS, SS, and BB genders.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 08:35:16 pm »
SOOO

DAAAMMMNNNN

COOOOL

Nice Oviraptor!  :D

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:46 pm »

During the stone age, vvukkrauur live in small tribes with up to a dozen members. They utilize the many smaller cave sections in their exposed cave environment for shelter during the night. Each tribe has their own cave, with the surrounding territory being claimed with the cave in the center. They typically build a fire near the opening of the cave, with the sleeping quarters farther back. They use primitive tools made from wood and chipped rock. The tools are used for hunting, fire tending, and cooking. Depicted in the picture (clockwise from the top right) are the BS, SS, and BB genders.
I love these guys. They've got such a unique form without it being too silly looking, and the stone-age drawing makes me smile.

Offline Daxx

• TV Smasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 09:21:12 pm »
Okay, does anyone know Wiki? How do I prevent this from happening?

Vvukkrauur (C|G) (Oviraptor more)

I have a page for them, so why doesn't it recognize it? (I even used the creature creator thingy on the bottom to make the page...)

Oh yeah, we changed stuff. We don't use portals anymore, we just have a Content: namespace.

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 04:11:37 pm »
No new text, but here is a new picture, of the eggs:

(click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:54:16 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline LadyM

• Doom Space Marine
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 01:38:32 pm »
You finally colored it! It looks nice.  :)
Rules-LadyMpire-YouTube-Twitter
Starbound and Minecraft server: ask me

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2007, 02:53:45 am »
You finally colored it! It looks nice.  :)

I agree ! :D

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2007, 08:32:43 pm »
Update!

There are two races of vvukkrauur, the cave vvukkrauur, and the mountain vvukkrauur. The cave vvukkrauur are more numerous, and can be found in vast exposed caves, while the mountain vvukkrauur inhabit the steep mountain cliffs in a nearby mountain range. The most noticeable difference is the color of the skin, the cave vvukkrauur being much more vibrant. Other subtler differences are the shape of the eye stalks, the shape of the egg spikes, and the shape of the crest. Despite their differences, they are fully capable of interbreeding. In the image, the cave vvukkrauur are on the left and the mountain vvukkrauur are on the right.

(click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:10:03 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »
I'm thinking I'm going to start this up again. I even made a fancy new poll so you can vote for what you want to see!

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 06:37:53 am »
Hurray!!!  :)

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 10:53:13 pm »
Tomorrow I should have a new picture up, but it won't be a part of the vote, which I'll let run a little longer.

Keep voting guys!