Author Topic: [CoA] Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: [CoA] Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 12:25:03 am »
here's an idea I had: this world should still have a history.

so this is (in addition to the thing buried in the Sahara) my contribution:
The graid reached the height of power at some point a long time ago, with several focused and enlightened nations, spread far across the entire western hemisphere. reconstructing the designs ancient technology, even up to a few floating airships and uncovering the worst creation of the gone. then one group, led by a particularly orderly man, decided every place and person should be them. some disagreed. then, almost entirely amongst themselves, they annihilated eachother and everything they had built.*

this sudden unmaking of generations of life, coupled with the reproduction rate of about one new graid every thousand years (thats total, for all graid everywhere), means the graid are a dying species. they are already a rare and curious sight. eventually they will disappear entirely.

*(thus, southeast Asia has more flat and open plains than it used to, the Balkans have unusually high radiation levels, and Iran is more underwatery than it should be.)
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Re: [CoA] Chronicles of Auralon *Bring it*
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:12 pm »
I don't mind that too much. Though where going to need a timeline once we start making up events left and right.

For my little tidbit...

Actually, I'm trying to figure where I can put a totally sterotypical Überwald (Which according to my research, may actually be somewhere in the Balkans)

But then again I could also possibly just get away with making Germany the apparent sight of Black Magical apocalypse...

Basically the Varaash (gonna write them up eventually) are warning to all races about what happens when you let your mages get too much power. (Short short version: They become hedonistic, they eventually turn to black magic, and they start turning people into zombies)

Though strangely, putting them in the Balkans and making them radiation born undead sounds pretty interesting.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.