Author Topic: Stargate SG-1  (Read 13465 times)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate SG-1
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 02:00:48 pm »
oooh, ok
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 03:18:44 pm »
Have you all heard the rumors (yet again) that Season 9 is going to be the last season? I know they've said it for all the others but supposedly R.D.A. has some other ideas for shows he wants to follow up on.  :'( I heard this from GateWorld if you were wondering where I'd heard it from.

I seriously doubt they'll stop the show, seeing as its Sci-Fi's biggest money maker, despite being second in ratings. (The new BSG is usually higher than SG-1 and Atlantis) They also need it to run parallel with Atlantis, because the continuity between the two shows is great. (What with the time machine information and puddlejumper on that one planet and...yeah.)

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 05:48:58 pm »
I think I remember Amanda Tapping (actress who plays Col. Carter) saying at the beginning of this season that they would keep going until their writers ran out of ideas. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Pestlett

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 06:16:54 pm »
 The thing I'm scared of happening about Stargate SG1, is that is runs on too long and ends badly. I'ld rather remember it the way it is at the moment and the way it has been in the past. It would really be cruddy if they pushed out another series that was crap, it would ruin it all for me.
 Hopefully when Atlantis finally find a Z.P.M and connect back to Earth there will be a lot more to add to the SG1 series, maybe even the Wrath attacking our Galaxy and of course some more of the Ancients (goes without saying).
 I've missed the begining of this Post, so I'ld like to take the time to say SG1 rules. Hopefully the new game they are making on the Unreal 2.5 Engine will be just as good.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 07:54:54 pm »
The game looks really cool. You can find a trailer here.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 10:28:01 pm »
I've been meaning to pick up the SG-1 pen and paper game. The players handbook looked quite thick.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 07:55:30 am »
I'd try Overstock.com if you're looking to buy pen-and-paper RPGs for anything. They gouge the hell out of you price wise in B&N and Amazon.com. >_<

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 11:44:13 am »
While looking for the pen and paper game on Overstock, I noticed that they had seasons 1-7 of SG-1 for *Checks price* $43.71 each. That is about $30-$40 cheaper (depending on how recent the season is) than Media Play, so if you're looking to buy them, go to www.overstock.com.

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 05:35:55 am »
They're good for a lot of things like that. Shipping is reasonable too. Unlike Amazon. *glares at Amazon*

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 06:37:19 am »
Oh, I know where to find the Pen and Paper. I pick up the Box DVD seasons up for $53 at my local Fred Myers.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 06:55:17 pm »
I really love Stargate SG-1, but I haven't had the time to see it recently. I even have all the boxed sets, but yet again I do not have the time to catch up on the episodes I missed (you know it's bad when the episodes you have on your Tivo are now on DVD).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 07:48:36 pm »
You have, all the box sets, I wish I had your money!

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 09:56:18 am »
I have been watching SG-1 for some time now (I too have all the box sets ;D )  And I have just picked up on Atlantis, which if you watch them in succession is not that bad (weekly they seem somewhat lackluster). All though it does seem like they wrote allot of the episodes on a tight budget.  :-\
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 01:30:11 pm »
You have, all the box sets, I wish I had your money!

Costco my friend. Always buy your boxed sets from there (and also Amazon.com and sometimes deepdiscountdvd.com).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:18 am »
I don't have a CostCo membership, cause it's pointless, only rich people can save money at CostCo.