Author Topic: 360 owners offer me aid!  (Read 13757 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: 360 owners offer me aid!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 11:10:21 pm »
Oblivion, Viva Pinata, and Gears' are all great choices (I didn't care much for 'Gears, but a lot of people did).

I'd say don't get Saints Row and wait for Grand Theft Auto IV in October instead.

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Forza 2, and Assassin's Creed are all great games coming this year.

And also, look at some of the bargain deals. There are some pretty good (from what I've heard) early 360 games that are being offered at a pretty good price. I know that a couple of days ago GameStop had a used copy of Condemned on sale for $18 (online).

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 11:30:30 pm »
Oblivion, Viva Pinata, and Gears' are all great choices (I didn't care much for 'Gears, but a lot of people did).

I'd say don't get Saints Row and wait for Grand Theft Auto IV in October instead.

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Forza 2, and Assassin's Creed are all great games coming this year.

And also, look at some of the bargain deals. There are some pretty good (from what I've heard) early 360 games that are being offered at a pretty good price. I know that a couple of days ago GameStop had a used copy of Condemned on sale for $18 (online).

Im not much into GTA but the others intrest me particurly assassins creed

eck..i need to ask 762 about xbox live...but i cant send messages yet...(thinks of posts to raise post count to fifty)
Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 12:25:03 am »
Besides the size of the world you can explore and having less vehicles, I'd say Saints Row was a far better game than GTA.  The story and characters were a lot more interesting, even if they were a little cliché at times and the gameplay itself was just a lot simpler and more enjoyable.  They got the fighting and targeting system perfect, while GTA is still struggling with it's lock on system.  While there's not as many vehicles, there's a much better variation and all of them are modelled after real cars.  Having something that quite clearly looks like an Enzo is a lot more fun than just driving another generic sports car.

The missions themselves were a lot more fun too, and never became frustrating like the later levels of GTA, and even though the game ended in a cliff hanger, it didn't just seem like a cheap attempt to set up for a sequel, it was very shocking and raises a lot of questions about what was actually going on in the game.  Things weren't quite as simple as they may have seen.   ;)

Even for being a clone, a bigger and better version of Saints Row could easily dethrown te GTA series.  Either way, it'll be interesting to see just how many elements GTA IV takes from Saints Row after so many people just labeled Saints Row as a clone.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 01:30:33 am »
Oblivion and what will most likely most games in the future will only run in PAL 60. If you live in North America then you have NTSC and you don't need to worry as PAL 60 is NTSC. PAL 50 from what I understand was less lines on screen but shows more frames a second than PAL 60. Anyway most TV's in PAL regions are compatible with PAL 60.

As for transfering it shouldn't be hard I'm pretty sure you can do it over the phone. My friend transfered his just make sure you got all details and I think you also have to make sure you have the credit card your live account is associated with on hand I think that caught my friend up as it was his dads card and his dad wasn't home when he 1st tried.

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 12:55:53 pm »
Oblivion and what will most likely most games in the future will only run in PAL 60. If you live in North America then you have NTSC and you don't need to worry as PAL 60 is NTSC. PAL 50 from what I understand was less lines on screen but shows more frames a second than PAL 60. Anyway most TV's in PAL regions are compatible with PAL 60.

As for transfering it shouldn't be hard I'm pretty sure you can do it over the phone. My friend transfered his just make sure you got all details and I think you also have to make sure you have the credit card your live account is associated with on hand I think that caught my friend up as it was his dads card and his dad wasn't home when he 1st tried.

That would make sense. i read the tv thing from a post on gamefaqs it just sorta worried me

Anyways i went to gamestop today and found out they do not have any used 360s with a harddrive (DAMN) so..if i want a hard drive with it..gotta get it new at 399$ ......crap..i can afford that next week but is the harddrive even worth it??
Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 01:30:39 pm »
yes get a hard drive or you can't download some of the demos. Plus you will still have to put down $40 dollars for a memory card, that doesn't even hold a gig of memory so you might as well put down the other $60 for the hard drive.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 01:40:52 pm »
yes get a hard drive or you can't download some of the demos. Plus you will still have to put down $40 dollars for a memory card, that doesn't even hold a gig of memory so you might as well put down the other $60 for the hard drive.

So with the harddrive i can save on it like the first xbox? So i wouldent need a memory card?

Well...guess ill wait till next friday and get the brand spankin new 360 ...i can feel my wallet getting lighter already...

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 01:55:03 pm »
Back to Oblivion

I have been reading on the games offical forum that you cannot actually get any NPCs to follow and fight with you excludeing a few main or side quests :( :( :(

Just to confirm you can actually hire mercs, take guild members, and summon allys right? (wait..i thought i saw a horse help fight too!)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 03:26:20 pm »
Back to Oblivion

I have been reading on the games offical forum that you cannot actually get any NPCs to follow and fight with you excludeing a few main or side quests :( :( :(

Just to confirm you can actually hire mercs, take guild members, and summon allys right? (wait..i thought i saw a horse help fight too!)

There are no mercs. I believe when you finish some of the guild quest-lines you can take fellow adventuring with you(I could be wrong on this one). you can summon creatures. Your horse will attack if attacked, but will not come to your aid other wise. Other then summoning creatures most NPCs just get in your way and aren't needed.

The hard drive works just like it did on the first xbox but it's removable.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 04:42:36 pm »
Some missions have people following you around they serve to get in the way of your attacks really but don't worry about that. using you conjuration skill you can summon demons to fight along side you for a while. I'm not sure if wood elves still have beast tounge which is an ability that allows you to turn wild animals into allies for a while.

Also when you become guild leader you can get lower level people in the guild to help you but like I said it isn't worth it by that tim you are a powerhouse even with the game leveling it's self up you should be decked out with enough equipment to make eveything really easy and allies just get in your way.

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2007, 06:06:02 pm »
Some missions have people following you around they serve to get in the way of your attacks really but don't worry about that. using you conjuration skill you can summon demons to fight along side you for a while. I'm not sure if wood elves still have beast tounge which is an ability that allows you to turn wild animals into allies for a while.

Also when you become guild leader you can get lower level people in the guild to help you but like I said it isn't worth it by that tim you are a powerhouse even with the game leveling it's self up you should be decked out with enough equipment to make eveything really easy and allies just get in your way.

Regardless i like the company..and people said the same about some other games..i always manage to make use of the NPCs none the less...i had my ass saved enough times in games to just not worry about it  lol

Mind you i played Morrowwind..not for long though..i could not stand the combat..based on my stats dictated whether a blow landed or not. even if it was dead on????  Thats appears to be fixed and the combat looks like a great deal of fun (ive watched at least 50 videos now..) had the combat been good morrowind would have likely been my favorite game so far

Yeah the little time i played morrowind i was a wood elf for beast tongue..only affected monsters level 5 and under though

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 07:31:25 pm »
Oblivion does have spells like command animal, dominate humanoid, and turn undead if that's what your looking for.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 07:53:24 pm »
Yeah i should have made the point that u can have other more powerful spells for further in the game to also have others become allis for you. Anyway my oblvion character has Conjuartion if you want others to fight with you take that skill. You wont need it againt enemies all the time but sometimes it can turn the tide just to be able to outnumber an oponent or at least prevent you from being overwhelmed sometimes. Best thing is summened creatures even if you stuff it up and they turn on you you can kill them get the XP for fighting them and then recast and get a new one.

Although onc again in the heat of battle you might find you will just cast when charging in and once you lose what ever you brought in you don't really have the opertunity to bring them back if you lose them. and there is little point walking throught the game constantly summoning for starters town guards don't like it when yu have a summoned Skelaton warrior in town.

Still when you are in a cave and you get attacked by a bandit or anyhting else a summon spell can be a great help.

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2007, 10:39:48 am »
Hey! i found this  in the text thing beside a video on youtube

(So i caved after hearing Gaming Steves Podcast. He claimed anyone with a 360 who abstained from oblivion wasn't a true gamer. )

whitch podcast? and how do i listen?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2007, 01:33:23 pm »
Probably Episode 40 and Episode 41, that's where he previews the game. He does it in two parts; Part 1 is just the starting dungeon, and Part 2 is about his time outside of the dungeon. (don't worry Steve dosen't give away any spoilers).

For future reference you can find all of Steve's podcasts here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/podcast/index.php
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures