Author Topic: If I Did It by OJ Simpson  (Read 11189 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
If I Did It by OJ Simpson
« on: November 19, 2006, 05:37:03 am »
Did you hear about OJ's new book? I can't believe he wrote this book. He must be running out of money and has to capitalize on his wife's murder again. I wonder how his kids feel about this one. I for one, will not be buying this book.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
Re: If I Did It by OJ Simpson
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:33:05 am »
I had a discussion about this in English Class. Even the publisher thinks that this book is a confession. However, I am sad to say that I feel it will sell well. Just so we can marvel at this man's unique form of stupidity. I won't buy it, of course, because I'm sure it will be very tough to read (he's not an English major, so the prose will be horrific and the storyline incoherent).

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:08:34 am »
Did you hear about OJ's new book? I can't believe he wrote this book. He must be running out of money and has to capitalize on his wife's murder again. I wonder how his kids feel about this one. I for one, will not be buying this book.

fixed  ;D

I won't buy it, of course, because I'm sure it will be very tough to read (he's not an English major, so the prose will be horrific and the storyline incoherent).

ghost writer, perhaps?
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 10:09:39 am »
Since the book will probably make money, the Goldman family might get some of it since they won the civil suit again OJ. Also, the IRS might be watching it too, I think he owed back taxes.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 10:19:28 am »
(he's not an English major, so the prose will be horrific and the storyline incoherent).

Way to make sweeping judgements about an author's writing style based on absolutely nothing. ::)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 11:16:18 am »
Absolutely nothing?! He's a football player for Christ's sakes! They're not known to be intelligent! How about this:

(He's not an English major, so chances are the prose will be sub-par and the storyline less than adequate).

Since the book will probably make money, the Goldman family might get some of it since they won the civil suit again OJ. Also, the IRS might be watching it too, I think he owed back taxes.

A professor of law at University of Chicago (maybe) said that with sufficient "lawyring" he can avoid paying a single cent to the family (again).

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 03:05:40 pm »
Yeesh. and wow. and Yeesh. That's upsetting in many certain ways.
 :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:07:40 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 04:24:18 pm »
It'll sell well. Chopper Reid did something similar when he was in gaol and is now a best selling author dispite being "semi bloody illiterate" as he put it. Then they made a blockbuster movie based on the books. He all but admits to locations around melbourne where people are burried. It's sick, yes but people are buying the books.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 06:41:55 pm »
It'll sell well. Chopper Reid did something similar when he was in gaol and is now a best selling author dispite being "semi bloody illiterate" as he put it. Then they made a blockbuster movie based on the books. He all but admits to locations around melbourne where people are burried. It's sick, yes but people are buying the books.

that may be sick, but you just can't beat this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooky_the_Cripple  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

gec05

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:02:19 am »
If he really wanted to prove he was innocent, he would have written this years ago.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:03:02 am »
If he really wanted to prove he was innocent, he would have written this years ago.
???  How would that have proved his innocence? 
If you were going for subtle sarcasm, it was too subtle.

gec05

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 02:06:57 pm »
???  How would that have proved his innocence? 
If you were going for subtle sarcasm, it was too subtle.

It's basic Psychology my friend. A very interesting and insightful subject you may want to take.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 02:35:24 pm »
$100 goes to the first person that puts a very well photoshopped cover of the book saying "I did it" on his page in Wikipedia!

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 04:40:06 pm »
Apparently Fox News had planned a two hour interview with him about his book but they got so much protest from their own employees, affiliates and viewers that they canceled plans to do it. Bill O'Reilly and Geraldo Rivera were two of the high profile Fox team members who protested. I'm glad to hear that, this whole book thing is just wrong.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:11 am »
So.

Who is this man, and what did he do?  ???
Not a winner anymore.