Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 9412 times)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
Batman Begins
« on: June 18, 2005, 04:48:28 am »
I saw Batman Begins last night. This movie is dark, very dark, and very kick ass! I believe this is the best batman movie.
It tells the story from the start, it has alot of flashbacks, and they last a while. It was cool to see how batman was born out of revenge and fear.
The story is very dark and dirty, but has a standard comic feel to it, not to say this movie is comical though.
The one thing I didnt like about it though was the fight scenes, its obvious that Batman is an awesome hand to hand fighter, but the fight scenes are to fast you can hardly see who is hitting who because they are all dressed in black.
In this movie, batman truely is the dark knight.

who else has seen it?

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Re: Batman Begins
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 09:16:14 am »
I saw it last night and have to agree with you.  I'm going to try and see it again but I really think this might be my favourite of all the comic book movies.  Burton's 1989 Batman will always have the nostalgia factor going for it but this movie had so much substance.  They took the myth of Batman and instead of shaving him down for a mass audience, they expanded upon him.  Great acting (I even had no real problem with Katie Holmes) and wonderful directing (aside from confusing melee) and Batman just doing his awesome crazy thing.  I will recommend this to any and every one.  I was afraid that I had overhyped myself for this movie and for once, I'm glad to see that I probably couldn't have.  I'm done now. -leeman

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 12:31:48 pm »
This movie is getting so much publicity...I was afraid they were just packing the cast with celebrities to compensate for the story.  And what's up with his voice changing (saw in the trailer).  What's next, superman wearing a mask?

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 02:01:45 pm »
I was worried that they were celebrity packing it too but they've packed it with some darn good celebrities.  Katie Holmes proves the hardest fish to swallow but I really didn't have any problems with her.  I love Gary Oldman and was so happy to see him as Gordon and everyone else did a great job.  The voice change was a little odd and seemed like he was just doing a creepy voice as opposed to Keaton's whispering but in the end, it didn't detract from the movie and so I didn't mind.  As for publicity, at least we don't have giant inflatable Batmen on top of Burger Kings, Batman M&Ms or Mr. Potato Heads...Shrek 2 and Meet the Parents had more publicity than this movie.  That's all I got for now.  Hope people enjoy it.  -leeman

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:41 pm »
I agree, the voice changing just didn't fit.  I really though Cillian Murphy did a great job.  He was perfect for that role.  Creepy...

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 02:49:31 am »
Yeah, hes weird.
I liked the voice Bale used for Batman, sounded like he really wanted to strike fear into his enemies, fitted in nicely with the 'dark knight' image.

Offline Sturek

• Microvision Master
  • If we can dream it, we can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 08:02:06 am »
I think that movie was just...great....it was one of the best movies I saw this year....
But after I watched it I was like: "Ah I wanna watch Batman Begins 2 ! NOW ! ahhh"
I heard they are going to make a trilogy..anyone heard about that ?
I mean, do they really want to make a Batman Begins 2 ? Isn't it supposed to fit with the
"first" movie with the Joker ?
Anyway, I want a new Batman movie just like Batman Begins :D
Life, don't talk to me about life.
                 -Marvin, the paranoid android

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 04:47:45 pm »
I think there's another movie in production being directied by Frank Miller based on his comic Batman Year One.  I heard Batman Begins was just like Year one though because it shows how he started so the movies will be really similar.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 06:11:23 am »
Saw Batman Begins yesterday and I have to say I liked it.  The acting was good the story could have been better but it conveyed the birth of batman very well.  Ra' was a great villian, and the joker thing at the end was nice too.
This movie is worthy of the franchise and comes out on the same level as Batman Returns at the very least.
overall I give batman a high rating
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 01:49:45 pm »
Good elements chained together drive the movie nicely, and yes, I can't wait for the Joker.
... Did you get the memo?

Offline Captain Bones

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • The Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • a r t i s t a d a m . c o m
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 04:19:56 pm »
lol, was it just me or did bale's batman voice remind you of solid snake?!

i thought this movie was based on miller's comic? if this is suppose to be what the second movie is based on, i don't think i'd see another one just like the first.... they've now re-established batman, they should move on from here, not revisit the past again...

great movie btw, i think it's the years best pending on how well war of the worlds is...

Offline nikolai

• Breakout Battler
  • "Please don't chop me up"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
Good elements chained together drive the movie nicely, and yes, I can't wait for the Joker.

The thing with the joker is that it's supposed to tie back in with Tim Burtons first Batman movie.
They did a real good job of wrapping it up cuz in the original Batman movie the streets are overwhelmed with crime and they never really explained why. its cuz they didnt get all the patients of Arkhamn insane asylum back when they were let loose.

They really did a good job with the film, but if you're a die-hard comic fan you might have problems with Ra's Al Ghul. Still recommend it highly tho.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 04:50:44 pm »
I've heard that Bale's in a 3 movie contract deal so something tells me we're not done with this although heaven knows we could be.  I'd love a sequel but I certainly don't need one after that great movie.  -leeman

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 10:27:25 am »
This was the worst Batman movie ever.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 01:42:52 pm »
This was the worst Batman movie ever.

why do you say that? this movie is being hailed as one of the best, if not the best batman movie ever