Author Topic: Grangan's work  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Grangan's work
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:02:14 pm »
   The town gathered around the enormous pie.  It was larger than the city hall, and would put the small town of Gratua, Minnesota as the town that made the largest pie ever.  One person took a picture before the mayor began his speech.  When the speech was finished, the ribbon was cut.  "And everyone may start eating!" said the mayor.  That was when they began to come.  The millions and millions of them, attracted by the scent of the pie for the first time in thousands of years.  They were furry like a rat, but were segmented like an insect.  Their face was uglier than a twisted mass of rotted milk.  They were the size of a dog.  The pie was merely what awakened them.  Soon, they would begin to become attracted to other things.
   The members of the town screamed in panic.  Their pie was no more.  Soon they would never become famous for their record as the man who took the picture was covered, yelling, in them as his camera was left to be stomped in by a thousand more.  They swarmed through the city, emptying houses of any life.  Evidently they are not effected by the most standard of poisons, as people panickingly left out cyanide traps to no avail.  Houses were in ruins, them being such scavengers as to eat the wood.  Within the hour there was no Gratua, Minnesota.  But it was not still known to the world.  And these things were pretty smart.  They moved from town to town, and became a national crisis within days.  People valiantly fought but to no avail.  The army was sent in, but they were practically indestructable.  A video of a tank running over a large swarm of them and not killing a single one of them spread across the internet like wildfire.  On that topic, even the internet became dead serious at that point, releasing information on them and not talking about a single other thing.
   The United States had collapsed.  The rest of the Americas knew it was in for.  But Eurasia was safe.  Africa was safe. Australia was safe.  We thought...
   They are remarkably good swimmers, not revealing this talent until they took over here completely.  The formerly complacent rest of the world was soon devoured as well.  Humanity only had dying embers, in the form of the last space shuttle to launch, but soon it would die of starvation.  It was a surreal existence, waiting to be among the last to die, but of a different cause.  But eventually it happened.  And then we were gone, to history forever, along with the very existence of the curious self-reproducing organisms that ever lived... on a planet called Earth.

Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: Grangan's work
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 06:35:10 pm »
that was odd, but...awesome!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 10:14:33 pm »
Thanks!
I'm assuming from your postcount that you're a veteran member?
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57:28 am »
Very good! I love this even though it is creepy. :)

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:02 am »
I'm assuming from your postcount that you're a veteran member?

*shrugs* I guess you could say that
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:29:02 am »
Totally agree with the two above me! 8) :)

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:19 pm »
1:30. Most people say that the scary time of the day is 3 in the night, but anything beginning at a 1 in the night does it for me. It's the time when I'm awake enough to make weird things in the shadows, but too far asleep to do anything about them. My digital clock rolls over to the next time. 1:31. When will I fall asleep? Minutes pass. 1:35. I disturb my covers, rolling around in bed. As time creeps towards 2, minute by minute, I get further asleep, but the pain has to end. I realize at 1:48 why I can't get to sleep. 1:59. I hate it. 1:49. All slows. 1:50. The time between 1:51 and 1:59 seems longer than everything else in my life. 1:59 hung for eternity in front of my eyes. It blinked to the next time, and my heart skipped a beat. Every night I imagined it happening, but it never did. The time was not 2:00, but rather 1:60.
I got out of bed, and wandered through the hall. Why did I fill my house with clocks? The time ticked by. What would happen to me? It clearly wasn't a mistake, every clock in the house displayed likewise. This time just wasn't supposed to happen. 1:65. I doubt it would ever go to 2:00 now. 1:68. Something felt plain wrong. I sat down in the chair, and weeped. But wait. A grinding noise occurred, beneath my feet. Twisted metal scraping itself, something breaking through the walls. I bolt to my feet. What time is it? 1:72. Bell after bell, alarm after alarm sounds, as clock after clock after clock turns to 1:73. But as the bells turn, I never hear the last bell. The hands come around my neck and the cracking sound sounds out, bringing an end to the outlier.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:48 pm »
S'pose I'm a creepypasta sort of guy...
I lie on my bed, eyes afraid to close. I cannot sleep. I live alone, but footsteps emminate from every room of my house. My door begins to open, but does not. I am restless for my knowledge of the monsters.

The monsters have existed since man did, but then they were very weak. They would materialize in our world, and when they got within miles of a human, they would dematerialize. Every time they dematerialized, they got stronger. They could stay in our world longer. They could get nearer to us. Now they live near us. They are attracted to us, like moths to a flame. They know we dematerialize them upon even slight observation, but they still see us as prey.

I can't sleep because I know a stronger one lives near me. Four days ago, I was in my bedroom when my door opened, and a horrible thing appeared. It vanished when I saw it, but still, that's the strongest one yet. I'm hearing really loud footsteps behind the door of my computer room. Nothing that loud happened since the strong one. My doorknob is turning. It's not

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:11 pm »
This was a triumph
I'm making a note here
HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

GamingSteve Forums
we do what we must because we can
for the good of all of us except for the ones who are banned
but there's no sense crying over every banned member
you just keep on trying until you run out of members
and the threat of ban floors 'em and you make a neat forum
for the people who are still online

I'm not even angry
I'm being so sincere right now
even though you broke my heart and banned me
and revoked my access
and sent me to another site
as I was there it hurt because I was so happy for you!
Now these points of data make a wonderful line
and we're out of beta, we're releasing on time
so I'm glad I got burned
Think of all the things we learned for the people that are still online.

go ahead and leave me
I think I prefer to stay inside
maybe you'll find someone else to unban you
maybe LadyM
that was a joke, haha, fat chance
anyway this forum is great, it's so delicious and nice
look at me still talking, when there's modding to do
when I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
on the people who are still online

and believe me I am still online
I'm making accounts and I'm still online
I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still online
While you are dying I'll be still online
and when you're dead I'll be still online
STILL ONLINE, still online

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:36:47 pm »
Brilliant.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 08:56:10 pm »
Brilliant.
Why no exclamation point?

Anyways, simply wonderful.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 03:43:18 am »
Goddammned Genius.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:49 am »
Writerrific! 8)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM