Author Topic: GalactiNews Current Events!  (Read 48003 times)

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
Re: GalactiNews Current Events!
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2007, 04:37:34 pm »
//
 Newcomers finish "Project S"
 After many years of hard work, and constant toil, the Miali have finished their greatest work yet. The construction of their new sphere world.

Their people rejoice after almost every single Mialin was put to work, but finally they have a place to call home.

Project S was originally thought up after the knowledge that their home planet(moon) was dieing. Eventually the Wexxians met them, and the Mialin began their Exodus. Not long after, their star exploded, and this put a great depressive strain on the Miali. However, they have gotten through it, and they finally have built a new home. A mobile one, a safe one. The future seems bright for the Miali people!
//
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:58:50 am by Snake »
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:13 am »
\\ This is GNN, galactic news! Special report from the Urshan Empire:

Strange unreported Urshan activity was sighted lately in the border of the outer-rim worlds. Again massive alien ships were sighted for short periods of time but this time accompanied but what seemed like Urshan vessels. When asked about this the Urshan Empire denied every connection stating they do know about such alien activity in this area but for confidential reasons they cannot reveal their nature. They also stated no Urshan activity was ever taken place in that area of space for it is far unstable due to random wormhole activities.

And now for something completely different:

A fanatic yet extremely popular Urshan Rise priestess called: “La Ko” or “The Channel” by her followers completed the creation of what some refer as a new galactic wonder: a gigantic space station orbiting planet Nihon about the size of its bigger moon whose purpose is it host Rise believers from around the galaxy and give them a place to meditate. La Ko claims this project is only the beginning of a greater project to build those in every major planet in the union and perhaps around the known galaxy. “In these days of despair we must all turn for the search of higher mind, for this is the only way to find salvation to all living beings” La said.

“And now for the galactic weather, Jfor?”//

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2007, 10:31:00 am »
Sinister.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2007, 11:33:16 am »
This GNN and now for some news report from the Thoon sector!

\\ Cashood, the planet that saw everything from coups through deportation genocides and terrorist attacks is again under threat. It seems a few TD divisions were discovered on the planet bearing documents and plans for massive terrorist attacks on several official’s palaces and a great amount of anti-matter terror weapons. The Thoons captured were executed under both laws of treason and of entering a none Thoon world. Security has increased in the area.// 

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2007, 07:46:29 pm »
Breaking News!
New discoveries have been made in the odd dissappearance of the K'jalians, who shut off all ties with the outside universe as internal conflicts took over, and finally dissappeared without a trace, the entire home planet leveled in a field of ash.  Some connections have been made with KJJT and a new form of an almost invincible robot.  The scars remaining on the planet have been found similar to those of the lazers often used by K'jalian robotics, and the KJJT have been known for faulty AI suppressing methods in the past.  We regret to say that none of the K'jalian species can be found, and the long period between their destruction and this broadcast is mostly blamed upon their isolation.

The most intruiging part of this case is that not only have the K'jalians dissappeared, so have their robots.  Maybe the robots didn't destroy them.  Maybe they were defending them.  Or maybe the K'jalians had in an unlikely event discovered the secret of ascension.  The truth will never be known.  This is Gorbar reporting, back to you.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2007, 06:58:12 am »
This is GNN, with some new galactic news!

\\ The star system and main planet of Jamar was recently taken by a Thoonish rebel group called the TD. This scummy race whose mental skills are still doubted has seemed to declare independence and asked to become a free nation within the union. Many other near star systems were freed as well and declared joining this new “nation”. We wish to inform our viewers there is nothing to be worried about as all these systems are far away from every civilized planet of the union and we suspect they would all be dealt within a month or perhaps even less//

And for some inner news for the Urshan Empire:

\\ Shio Nihon has decreased political activity lately and seems to rarely even show up in any major political debate. Yoa, his main advisor has taken his place in most of those and seems to be much more active than the Emperor. Inner informers tell us the Emperor seems to be busy working on a new project, no more information was available. It also seems new reforms in the Urshan Empire increase the power of the Empire as a sole and decreases the control the union has over it. It is unclear whether this is Yoa or Shio’s policy.\\

This was GNN news, salutes.

Offline scorpia11

• Battlezone Captain
  • Who else but Quagmire!!??
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2007, 12:57:46 pm »
Angorans Enter our Communities![/size]

\\In other news, the Angoran Species were found recently by sentient life. They are a Humanoid species of great intelligence, but still have a lot to learn about our ways of life. There planet, however, is in turmoil. The Angoran Species are split into several factions, and they are currently in a a state of open warfare, mainly between the two major factions, The Angoran Republic and the Nerzulite Empire. We have a live press statement from Supreme Chancellor Lok, leader of the Angoran United Defense Initiative:

We are proud, and honoured, to finally live amongst species with such intelligence and wisdom. We see great things for the Angoran people, and we trust that we will be accepted with open limbs. Regarding the situation with the Nerzulite Empire, it is no worry. Since there Heretical formation, they have caused terror amongst our people. Surely, as with every other sentient specie out in wide Galaxy, they always have their bad Maey (Form of Egg). We will discuss the Angoran merge into the Galactic Senate, and again, we thank you for accepting us into your glorious intergalactic community.

That was Supreme Chancellor Lok. Let us hope that the Angorans can fit into our community. Now, onto other news...\\

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2007, 04:23:17 pm »
Suntor Government undergoes reform
"Recently the Suntorian Government has undergone a civil war and now a reform. The reform will completely change the face of the government and the nation. New departments and agencies will be created and destroyed and a much more efficient system will be put into place."
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2007, 05:07:08 pm »
New Yuva annihilated, Miali dead

Today, reports were received that the one planet of the Miali had exploded. Apparently destroyed by the Communicants even after being conquered. No survivors were found, and it seems the Miali have become a dead race. No longer will the chameleon specie walk among the galaxy. Rest in Peace Miali, now over to Jill and the galactic weather...
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2007, 06:44:34 pm »
"Weather today calls for a 100% chance of space, followed by a 50% chance of spacedust. And keep in mind that it is giant space bee season. One sting can kill most species, though their honey is delicous... Uh-huh... Yeah... Now to Brakdor with breaking news!"

"Thanks Jill. In other news, a large rift has appeared near the edge of explored space. Eyewitnesses reported seeing several extremely large ships pour from the rift. The craft were 'unusually built. They seem farther developed technologically than anything we know of.'

Recent probes sent to investigate have turned up in odd locations, often inside planets or on the other side of space. The rift seems to resemble a wormhole, but much larger in diameter. Interestingly, space is visible through the hole, though it does not match the typical arrangement of stars.

One thing is obvious; whoever created this rift, and, presumably, these ships, does not want to be found. Count on GalactiNews to keep you updated with the latest information!"
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2007, 08:33:37 pm »
Priceless Artifact Stolen!

At the Thean Archives for Literary Works, a priceless and irreplaceable artifact has been stolen; the original copy of The Journal of Iniros Olus. This famous work of fiction is contained within a cybernetic data storage device; a ridged, opalescent disk of unknown origin with a holographic interface. It was found on a deserted asteroid on a mining operation centuries ago, and once translated from it's original language, quickly became popular, eventually making it's way into required reading for students.

The theft, which occured late last night, only saw the removal of the device, leaving all other works intact. A night guard at the TALW recounts the events of the robbery.

*cut to a scrawny-looking, vaguely humanoid droid*

"I was just going about my shift, minding my own business, when my sensors alerted me to movement. I looked around and BANG! I get smashed in the head and my legs kicked out from under me! I looked up from the floor and there was this de-borged Lagat with a big ol' white mark on his head. It went clear across the side, from his eye to the back of his neck. He grabbed the disk and ran. I pursued, but I lost him around a corner..."

If you see either the robber or the artifact, or have other information that might be useful, please contact the coordinates at the bottom of your screen.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2007, 04:57:19 am »
This is GNN news with news from the Urshan Empire.

\\ La Ko, the famous Urshan Rise priestess completed another artificial moon-size construction that hosts Rise believers from around the galaxy much like the one built recently in the Hindo star system. This station is located in the border of the Urshan Empire and the outer-rings on a capitol planet called Koma. These huge space stations called by their followers: Enlighten Orbs are visited and “colonized” by millions of Union citizens each year. In an interview with GNN’s reporters La Ko said she plans to build the next Enlighten Orb within another union member’s nation. //

And now for some other news.   

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2007, 10:41:42 am »
The New Forthi Delegation is No Longer!

In a stunning move, the Shonoharo Summit has declared the disbandment of the New Forthi Delegation due to lack of crime control and their poor economy. Both the UAR as well as the Empire have claimed annexation and currently their forces are moving into NFD lands to take control of the planets.

In most areas, the UAR and the Empire have been greeted as liberators, but the Warlords that control the area are putting up resistance as well as Forthi Nationalists hoping to keep the NFD in power.

In other news...

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2007, 01:03:41 pm »
This is GNN news with a general news report from the Thoonish systems:

\\ Trade between the CSDUA and the Thoon Republic has increased scientifically during the last few weeks, mainly of technology both Thoonish and Auyuelcliadic, what caused an increase of both the economies and created a dependency for the republic with their great supporters of goods.

Also using unknown ways which probably included the Auyuelcliadic cloning devices and biologic Thoonish technology the young adult population of the Thoonish Republic is growing 193% faster than before. More and more semi-abandoned planets of the Thoonish republic are being populated as we speak.

The Thoonish president Patro the Thoon was quoted saying in one of his recent speeches:

“ This is a great new age for our race brethren. No longer we shall be a weak minority of fools and slaves, now our power would be recognized once again. Using the help of our dearest friends the CSDUA Thoons would be remembered forever. Thoons would be the workers of the future, the soldiers of the future, and the scientists of the future. Long live the Thoonish race! Long live the union! Long live our brave allies!” //

And now for some Torpal music:

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2007, 11:50:11 am »
Hello, our top story tonight is how all government in the Galaxy collapsed today, but no-one cared beause a show about kittens was on. But now, heres a montage of our past problems of the news studio.

*Insert slideshow of buildings being attacked by aliens.*
the real saviour of this forum