Author Topic: Where can maxis go from here?(If from maxis, please also read page 8 and back)  (Read 33996 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Simant, sim city, The sims, Sim copter, SimEarth, Sim Isle, Streets of sim city 2000 (the maxis version of GTA. lol. j/k), Sim Farm, Sim Tower(man that game is hard), Sim Town, SimCoaster, Sim Theme Park, (i think they may have been pushed them to make the theme park games) Sim Golf(what happens when Will works with another simulation great Sid Meier.) And now Spore.

They've created games almost about all aspects of everything. where the heck can they go from here? Maybe like a SimBuisness type thing where you manage a buisness. but ussually when maxis releases an entirly new game they try and top themselves like never before going to greater hights. unless "SimBusness" had like millions of diffrent bussiness you could run(Auto shop, retail store, Burger Joint, Dry cleaners, insurance firm, bank, tv station, Video game company, etc...) and have all of the possible huge challanges that could come up. (Autoshop=trapped person in crushed car, retail store and bank and dry cleaners=armed robbery. dry cleaners= Infestation of moths...lol. Burger Joint= Infestation of rodents. Insurance firm= insurance fraud. Tv station= Offencive material shown on air or news anchor goes postal or something like that. Video game company= someone copys something they did in your game and they get injured and sue, etc...)

Anyway...really, where can they go from spore? (and not something that can just be incorporated into a sequal of something.) I know they're going to suprise us again someday but with what? and how? ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:04:52 am by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: Where can the maxis team go from here?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:55:04 pm »
SimTower 2/SimBusiness

And you skipped a few: SimPark, SimSafari, SimHealth, SimTunes, SimLife, and Widget Workshop.

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:06:47 pm »
SimGenetics - using a simple jumpdrive-like USB device (included in the game box), you can scan blood samples from your pets, modify their genetics in the game, and simulate what effects those changes would have on a new lifeform. Mix and match genetics from one or more pet to create your own virtual breeds! Scan your own blood to make half-human, half-animal mutants...

Anyone ever plyed "After the Bomb" from Palladium Books? :)

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 02:10:26 pm »
SimVention Workshop: Utilizing the most advanced physics engine, design and build your own machines capable of doing anything a real mechanical device could! Dream vehicles, spacecraft, robots, laser guns. Build a better mousetrap! Instant online patent filing included!

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 02:15:07 pm »
The Church of Sim: If L. Ron Hubbard can fabricate a religion, why can't you? Develop a philsophy about the origins of the universe! Recruit members via you game-designed website. Give live sermons with our streaming video tool. Request donations to your PayPal(tm) account. Make it rich living off the superstitions of the masses!

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 02:27:00 pm »
SimSpider: Terrorism is infecting the globe - and YOU can help stop it! From the comfort of your own home, you will pilot a GPS-controlled robot scouring the hillsides of the middle east, the african desert, the jungles of southeast asia and more! Microphone and camera-enabled devices allow you to take control of one of America's own reconnosance machines FOR REAL! We're all in this together!

http://www.e-sheep.com/spiders/

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 02:59:46 pm »
you just went from maxis to creepy and real in 5 seconds. lol.

And, Oviraptor, running a tower could be a buisness out of many possible to run. (why the heck am i developing an idea i was just using as an example of where could they possibly go from here?...)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 03:39:19 pm »
SimVention Workshop: Utilizing the most advanced physics engine, design and build your own machines capable of doing anything a real mechanical device could! Dream vehicles, spacecraft, robots, laser guns. Build a better mousetrap! Instant online patent filing included!

And the fine print...

...just watch out for those corporate lawyers... ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 03:44:02 pm »
Perosnally i wanted other Sim Park and Sim Safari games. Like maybe Sim Rainforst or Sim... you get the idea, i guess the Zoo Tycoons really accomished that. Oh well Spore will do that plus any creature i think of .. and more! Thank you Will!  ;D

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 07:40:01 pm »
3 words and a number

The Sims 2 Online

:D I wouldn't buy it after the let down The Sims Online was.

SimCardboardbox: What kind of intresting things can happen inside your cardboard box!? Place it in many locations such as allys, Wall Street, and even a garbage dump!

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 09:18:58 pm »
Well, Will mentioned in some interview that he has wanted to do a weather sim.  Especially since weather is one of the favorite examples of chaos theory in action.  It would be very hard to make accurate, but just looking right is a different thing.

And in that vein, Sid Meier mentioned in some interview that he was having a difficult time designing a dinosaur-based game in a way that he liked.  Sim Prehistoric-Ecosystem?  I know it's similar to parts of Spore, but this could really focus on the complexities of an ecosystem, and less on a player's creature-avatar.

SimAdventure.  A system for creating the sort of epic quest stories so prevalent in games, movies and other media.  Design a world, characters, and conflicts to draw the AI people into action.  Watch and edit the world as the reluctant NPCs become hero(es) and succeed or fail, get the girl or get the axe, save the day or return home in shame, only to have a new hero rise in his place

SimWar (not what you think).  Deal with raising a family, feeding your kids, and staying safe while a war rages in your country.  Beg and plead or take up arms when soldiers show up at your door with demands.  Get arrested and tortured because of an attack on whatever arm holds your town, whether or not you had anything to do with it.  See boys barely old enough to shave, on both sides, living and dying for their leader's "cause".  Grieve wih your fellow widows. 

Sim lego.  Build from a limitless supply of blocks, all sorted nicely for you.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 12:44:52 am »
SimAdventure, eh? Ah, but wouldn't that be nice in spore? You came up with a nice idea, sweetlings. Think it? Are Tribal cultures still going to be in effect during city and space age stages? It'd be very interesting to give a specific tribe a power bo... Och, mein gott! I just figured it out.. I'd make mutant natives with guns, utterly unbalanced and all that crap. Then I'd make them allied to Nurgle! As if I didn't already make enough Lost & Damned mutants for him.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 03:33:45 pm »
There was a sequal to Sim Tower...

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 06:54:47 pm »
there was?! Tell me! please! Where? when? I'd like to know!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 04:29:27 am by sgore »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 06:59:40 pm »
SimSimulation: In this game let your imagination run wild as you simulate any simulation you care to simulate.