Author Topic: Final Fantasy III (DS)  (Read 25746 times)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Final Fantasy III (DS)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 12:09:55 pm »
New Update on my Characters
Grey Hair: Lvl. 19 Geomancer Job Lvl 5
Shy/Gay Dude: Lvl 19 White Mage Job Lvl 28
Girl: Lvl 19 Knight Job Lvl 4
Blondie: Lvl 19 Scholar Job Lvl 6

And right now I am in the Tree Castle thingy, its pretty hard.

I don't suggest geomancers or knights really.

I say the classic Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, Theif works good. Switch theif to dragoon for the one flight boss in that castle. Then back to theif. Then when you get the right crystal do Warrior, Magus (better black mage), Devout (better white mage), and Ninja.

Then if you get the onion knight switch the ninja for onion knight.

But that's my opinion on the better way to go through the game. Anyone can have their own style of play.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 03:32:17 pm »
Why Magus? They are severely underpowered compared to summoners. Mine (job level 99, normal level 46) can easily deal 2000-3000 damage to everyone, and that's not counting elemental weaknesses or using Leviath/Bahamut. If your looking for a good AoE damage spellcaster, Summoner wins in my opinion.

I'm thinking of changing my Dark Knight to Ninja, but I'm not sure. Also, Black Belts kick major ass. Mine deals far more damage than my knight, is faster, and is steadily gaining her way to 9999 HP.

It really is just personal opinion in the end though, since Maguses (for instance) can deal status ailments.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 03:37:05 pm »
I am liking the Knight and Geomancer, they may be different but the Geomancer can end hard fights in just one turn if he calls down Whirlpool.  The Knight is just a specialized version fo the Warrior, but I tend to like it better just because of looks.  I want my characters to be different from the classic job group and when the Summoner comes along, good bye Scholar.
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 06:48:20 pm »
If i remember right, the knight is more of a tank than damage.

And I prefer damage with the warrior.

Offline Nyctalinth

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 09:19:17 am »
At the current moment in the game (level 34 just before the temple of time), the geomancer seems to be pretty powerful (even at a lower job level ~14).  The evoker seems to be working pretty well, even though I only have up to level 5 summons. 

I currently have:
Dragoon
Geomancer
White Mage
Evoker

I plan on upgrading White Mage to Devout and Evoker to Summoner.  I'll probably keep geomancer until I can go through the process of getting the Orion Knight.  Anyone have a friend's code to exchange?  I'll post mine here when I have access to my DS...

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 09:31:23 am »
Geomancers are insane. They have been awesome in every job class based S-E game ever. It's no different in this one.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 05:01:35 pm »
I didn't think geomancers were exactly terrific, to say the least,  In the original tactics. And I'm da ex-perty!

Offline Solaren

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 03:23:19 am »
Since I see someone bringing this up in another thread and getting promptly shot down, I'll bring it up in here.  FFIII + friend codes.  The way I understand it you must send mail to actual real people to unlock onion knight.  If I am mistaken about this please let me know.
While I am a teacher and can ask by students for their friend codes, that idea just seems a little, well...weird.

So anyway, code swapping anyone?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 07:21:32 pm »
Massive bump!!!

I bought this game yesterday as I started to get an itch for some classic rpg gaming. Although I'm still in the early days and not much everyone is still at the default jobs so pretty boring. (the lack of diversity in my team so far not the game its self). Currently a Little stuck got some sort of cool sword (at least I assume cool for my current level) from the castle after fighting a griffon. I found how much I need to level before doing stuff after I walked into a mine in that small town and got inta-killed by a pair of skeleton things.

Can't wait until I get to the point I can start picking jobs for everyone.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 12:01:02 pm »
Yeah this deserves to be said again.

This game is a great remake and everyone should give it a shot. If the remake of FFIV is this good I'll be happy.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:26 am »
Yeah starting to enjoy this game although I lost my stylus today it fell out of its little thing you put it in while I was at the train station. Need to buy some back up styluses.

I have found menus can actually be a pain to navigate with the stylus you think it would be easier but you have to double tap every icon which gets so freaking annoying. Also I'm sort of not liking the mini modes mostly because to be able to survive mini mode you need everyone to be a magic user and I just didn't have enough offensive spells to go around. In the end I just had Luneth doing guard constantly Arc seeing what he can steal and potioning anyone who cops a hit, the chick healing everyone she knows aero spell but I needed to save magic so i can make us all big again when it's over, The guy from the royal castle was the only one dishing out the hurt.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 10:20:45 am »
Definitely enjoyed playing through this in January, but I gave up on stylus controls pretty quickly. Standard D-pad and buttons is so much faster and more accurate.

Of course, I voluntarily grind a lot so that I don't run into difficulties in "the next section", so my play time by the end was fairly massive. Still, it doesn't annoy me. Grinding is something I can mindlessly do while doing something else as well.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 07:08:19 pm »
I'm up to the final dungeon it's more annoying trying to grind jobs than anything else grinding the levels aren't too bad although I have to gain a few more levels to take on the final boss. One question I do have though is 9999 the highest amount of damage you do you can you hit enemies for more and the screen only reads that amount?

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 11:19:37 pm »
New Update on my Characters
Grey Hair: Lvl. 19 Geomancer Job Lvl 5
Shy/Gay Dude: Lvl 19 White Mage Job Lvl 28
Girl: Lvl 19 Knight Job Lvl 4
Blondie: Lvl 19 Scholar Job Lvl 6

And right now I am in the Tree Castle thingy, its pretty hard.

I don't suggest geomancers or knights really.

I say the classic Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, Theif works good. Switch theif to dragoon for the one flight boss in that castle. Then back to theif. Then when you get the right crystal do Warrior, Magus (better black mage), Devout (better white mage), and Ninja.

Then if you get the onion knight switch the ninja for onion knight.

But that's my opinion on the better way to go through the game. Anyone can have their own style of play.

I completely disagree my geomancer took out the boss in that tree stage with one hit (granted it was shadow flair and the odds are about 2%)
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 05:46:46 am »
Geomancers seems to work fine although admittedly I find a summoner can do far more damage by bringing out the leviathan or even that Buhamat I think its name is. Just use you other summons for regular battles my thief and warrior can take care of most enemies on their own.

Still no one knows if I can do more than 9999 damage or not?