Author Topic: my final answer to spelling nitpicks  (Read 11082 times)

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
my final answer to spelling nitpicks
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:49:13 pm »
sorry ovi and lady m it had to be doen i just getting sick of it.

for those of you have displayed dissplesure with my spelling this thread is to explain why it is so bad. i suffer from aspurges syndrom this means the my fine and large motor skills are less then prefect. cupole this with my nerveus sytem problems and you will under stand that i have no ability to wright by hand. now this alone means nothing but i went to a very backwards public school. i was labeled an idoit and sat in the back of the class and ignored. any spelling skill i do have is completly self tought. my spelling may be bad but i am quite smart i hope that my small spelling issues do not futher effect my time on this fourm.

thank you
Shadow

Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: my final answer to spelling nitpicks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:22:52 pm »
Very brave of you to say, shadow. That cant be an easy thing to talk about.

Noone on this forum has difficulty understanding your meaning, you're not harming anyone by committing a typo or two. Dont let it get you down, the people who are really listening dont care about the spelling mistakes.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:33:52 pm »
Your not the only one on the forum who has Asperger's. I understand you just fine and I think sometimes people are teasing you and don't mean to offend you. Please don't let it stop you from posting and participating. Your a very valued member of the forum and the spelling isn't that big a deal. If you have a problem with a particular member then let me or Oviraptor know about it.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:57:17 pm »
Trust me Shadow, I can understand. I have moderate Dyslexia, and spelling has been a life long struggle for me. I remember constantly failing spelling quizzes in elementary and receiving essay dripping in red ink in Jr. High and early High school.

P. S. If you're reading this Fink: my knowledge of Essay structure is unrelated to my spelling. I still say my advice is sound! :P

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 10:09:09 pm »
Drat, know now I can't make fun of your spelling without feeling guilty :(.

BUT THATS NOT GOING TO STOP ME HAHA YOU SPELLED DISPLEASURE WRONG!

AHA! trogdor MetallicDragon STRIKES AGAIN!

c14dude

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 10:10:21 pm »
yeah man, my comment last night was just an excuse to use bold, your stuff is easy to read.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 10:28:54 pm »
yeah well i relise most of the time it is just a joke.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

gec05

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 11:08:34 pm »
We all have some form of mental defect, that's pretty much normal. For those of you without disabilities (including me) should make a club of condemned weirdos and freaks that lack imperfection.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:24:44 pm »
I think you misspelled your condition -- Asperger syndrome.   ;)
This is what you meant, right?

People with AS lack the natural ability to see the subtexts of social interaction, and may lack the ability to communicate their own emotional state, resulting in well-meaning remarks that may offend, or finding it hard to know what is "acceptable".

I do that too.

People with AS typically have a highly pedantic way of speaking, using a far more formal register of language than appropriate for a context. A five-year-old child with this condition may regularly speak in language that could easily have come from a university textbook, especially concerning his or her special area of interest.
I take it you talk like this --

A 2003 study investigated the written language of children and youth with AS. They were compared to neurotypical peers in a standardized test of written language skills and legibility of handwriting. In written language skills, no significant differences were found between standardized scores of both groups; however, in hand-writing skills, the AS participants produced significantly fewer legible letters and words than the neurotypical group. Another analysis of written samples found that people with AS appear to be able to write quantitatively similarly to their neurotypical peers using grammatical rules, but have difficulty in producing qualitative writing.
-- and write like this?

AS can involve an intense and obsessive level of focus on things of interest. For example, one person might be obsessed with 1950s professional wrestling, another with national anthems of African dictatorships, and another with building models out of matchsticks. Particularly common interests are: means of transport (e.g., trains), computers, foreign languages, mathematics, science fiction, astronomy, geography, history, and dinosaurs.
Wow.  I thought my obsession with Spore was bad.  Yours could be clinical.

Stop sweating what people say about your spelling.  Most of them are actually trying to help, in their own Spelling-Nazi sort of way.  
At least you know the difference between "Don't worry" and "Don't whore", like somebody I know.   :-X  ::)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:30:47 pm by Slartibartfast »

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 11:26:30 pm »
Everybody's got something; sometimes it's visible online, sometimes in person, and sometimes it's a lot less obvious. I've never had a problem with shadow's spelling and I admire his good sense of humor about it.

Odd that a reply was posted at this hour while I was typing...

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 11:28:58 pm »
Its only 4:30 in the afternoon where I am. Its bad coz I always get back when people are finished with a conversation and I start it up again coz I didn't get to say what i thought about it.

anyway, thats off topic...
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 11:32:47 pm »
I think you misspelled your condition -- Asperger syndrome.   ;)
This is what you meant, right?

People with AS typically have a highly pedantic way of speaking, using a far more formal register of language than appropriate for a context. A five-year-old child with this condition may regularly speak in language that could easily have come from a university textbook, especially concerning his or her special area of interest.
I take it this isn't one of your symptoms.

yeah i did miss spell it. actully i do suffer from that part the reason id on't sound like that on the internet is i know i can't real spell al the words i might use normaly.
AS can involve an intense and obsessive level of focus on things of interest. For example, one person might be obsessed with 1950s professional wrestling, another with national anthems of African dictatorships, and another with building models out of matchsticks. Particularly common interests are: means of transport (e.g., trains), computers, foreign languages, mathematics, science fiction, astronomy, geography, history, and dinosaurs.
Wow.  I thought my obsession with Spore was bad.  Yours could be clinical.
you have no idea. i was obsessed with spore before i even knew what it was. i still draw odd little creatures. I don't mind it most of the time it is just some people do it in a very nasty way.  

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 11:40:22 pm »
I've never had a problem reading or understanding anything you have written, you are doing so well for someone who has basically taught himself to spell.
Good Grief!

c14dude

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:42:32 pm »
intresting fact: i could'nt read/write till half way through fourth grade. haha

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 11:52:28 pm »
i was able to read as far back as i can rember. but i have a very good imagtion so i tend to not see the words instend i picture the story in my head.