Author Topic: spore HUD (heads up display)  (Read 7073 times)

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
spore HUD (heads up display)
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:00:44 pm »
http://www.xspore.com/spore_screenshots.html (scroll down till u get to teh more spore whoo section and its the bottom lef

lets talk about teh hud seen as this is a fairly receant pic and im preaty sure its safe to say it wont change much if it changes at all
you'll have to full screen the ic to get a good look at the hud:
mi interpretations of the hud:
- the very top left icon i the options
-the very botom left icon is the pause gameplay button
- the next icon is your brain meter (how many parts of the brin you've unlocked) so far in this pic he has unlocked 2 levels (u can get a better look at the at the brain meter in the battle fish editor pic  which is the 3rd pic down to the very riht of the 1st set of pics.) also you will notice a quater ring around the brain meter im preatty dure this is like an exp meter but instead of leveling up it to the next brain level unlock.
- the next meter is the DNA meter which as far as i no to get DNA points you will have to eat others eggs but the is probably more which we havent been showen yet.
- the next seems to be a love meter of some kind im guessing wen u call out and get a reply from another creature ready to love it fills up depending on how close she is. but thats only a guess so and sguggestions would b great
- obviously the next is hunger and then life
- i dunno if the lighting bolt at teh end is a metter for a special move of sumfin or just an icon like to let you no ur in the mood menu or wateva.

any other suggestions would be great

It is said that something as small as the flutter of a butterflies wings can ultimately cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. The Chaos Theory.

gec05

Re: spore HUD (heads up display)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:12:29 pm »
I suggest using proper english...  ;) There's a lot of grammar Nazis here.

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:39 pm »
yer never been good at english only maths
what are your suggestions for the hud
It is said that something as small as the flutter of a butterflies wings can ultimately cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. The Chaos Theory.

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 01:01:50 am »
I'm just going to cheat and quote myself:

3.5 Interface

The interface consists of a status bar in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.  From left to right we have:
 - Current Brain Size – a small picture representing the size of brain your creature has along with a slider (brain points?)
 - DNA Points – In the E3 Spore Demo this number increased from 0 to 100 after Will Wright’s creature started eating an egg.
 - Possibly Mating Points – Judging by the two little heart symbols, we can imagine that this is some sort of Mating Points Meter.  When this is full, your creature is able to mate.  Appears to go up after eating.
 - Hunger Level – This goes up after eating of course.
 - Health Point – Goes down when attacked.  Presumably gradually recovers over time.
 - Energy – Probably goes up after eating and gradually decreases over time.  It may be used to determine the limitation of your creature’s movement. (e.g. you can’t run whilst your energy is low).

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 01:24:29 am »
but wen wills creature ate the eg he said it gave him dna point the allowed him to mate

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 01:30:01 am »
but wen wills creature ate the eg he said it gave him dna point the allowed him to mate

Translation: But when Wills creature ate the egg, he said it gave him DNA points that allowed him to mate.

Maybe the "mating metre" is a sort of biological clock thingy? When it reaches a certain point in its cycle, you get to mate, for eksample.
WWWWD?
(What Would Will Wright Do?)

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 02:12:59 am »
- the next meter is the DNA meter which as far as i no to get DNA points you will have to eat others eggs but the is probably more which we havent been showen yet

For heavnes sake why did people keeps saying only eggs give you DNA points, with clearly seen that in videos anything you eat gives you DNA points just not egs.

Like in one video we see the screeble eat the little pink thing and gets DNA points and the guy playing even points out that he gets DNA points from eating the creature.

Now its just a waiting game until next year

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 03:01:24 am »

Translation: But when Wills creature ate the egg, he said it gave him DNA points that allowed him to mate.

Maybe the "mating metre" is a sort of biological clock thingy? When it reaches a certain point in its cycle, you get to mate, for eksample.

Damn'it you noob. You correct his spelling only to spell example wrong in the next sentance. "Gees" If your gonna bitch about other people's spelling at least learn to spell better than they can.

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 03:16:08 am »
sorry edspore91 i was only pointing out the eating egg thing because i was not aware of eating giving you points and as for temple
im sorry i fail english but unfortunatly one of my best friends also happens to be one of the hottest shix in my school and she happens to sit next to me in english so forgive me if i lose focus from time to time and fail

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 03:22:15 am »

Damn'it you noob. You correct his spelling only to spell example wrong in the next sentance. "Gees" If your gonna bitch about other people's spelling at least learn to spell better than they can.

You seem very fond of the word "noob." :lol:

So you mean to say that my spelling, even though I got a little Norwegian mixed into there, wasnt easier to read than his? Because if thats what you are suggesting, then you, my friend, are an ass. :D

In adition, Id like to add that English is my second language, and though I hate to see it raped I too make the occasional mistake. ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:24:37 am by Temple »
WWWWD?

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 03:30:04 am »
and for you temple i dont care if english is your second language some of us arent quite as good in our first language and this is a thread on the HUD of spore not about our spelling errors and if its not an english assignment i dont use proper spelling and grammar evan though i cant spell or use proper grammer anyway. you my friend pay way to much attention to detail and just one question do you understand what im trying to say because you seem to be able to translate it alright

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 03:36:54 am »
and for you temple i dont care if english is your second language some of us arent quite as good in our first language and this is a thread on the HUD of spore not about our spelling errors and if its not an english assignment i dont use proper spelling and grammar evan though i cant spell or use proper grammer anyway. you my friend pay way to much attention to detail and just one question do you understand what im trying to say because you seem to be able to translate it alright

Either take the time to spell your posts properly or expect to be ignored. Nuff said.
WWWWD?

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 03:39:50 am »
look i dunno were you learnt your english but different countries spell the same words differently and most people who speak english for their first language can understand slang
and im not gonna take mi time just so you can understand it a bit better u no wat im saying so stop complaining

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 03:52:52 am »
look i dunno were you learnt your english but different countries spell the same words differently and most people who speak english for their first language can understand slang
and im not gonna take mi time just so you can understand it a bit better u no wat im saying so stop complaining

I actually have a pretty hard time making out what it is you are trying to say..
WWWWD?

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 03:55:54 am »
yet you dont ask me what im trying to say you instead you have ago at me for spelling incorrectly if you had of sed i dunno maybe hey look in norweigin our what ever and this mi second language im not use to slang or what eva could you please take more time to spell then maybe i would but there is also tha fact that we spell different to america or england see englishh changes from place to place