Author Topic: The Funniest Game Glitches  (Read 6685 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
The Funniest Game Glitches
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:49:05 am »
Here is a place for you to put all those stories about glitches that made you laugh in any way. I chose to put it into the PC games section because It seems to have the most active population, but games from all platforms can be talked about.

If you have ever played Just Cause you must have tried to steal the helicopter that delivers your vehicle after a heavy drop. If you simply tried to drag yourself onto it from underneath with the grapple gun, you will see that avalanche software have predicted your mischievous activity, and made it so you simply rebound off the bottom of the vehicle. However, if you can somehow land yourself onto the roof of this helicopter, then you can steal it. Every so often the helicopter just hangs in the air, evidently reluctant to trundle off to its base. I managed to paraglide on top of the allied vehicle merely out of inquisition, and much to my suprise the 'use vehicle' symbol appeared on the screen. In an instant I hit the appropriate button, knocking the driver out through the passenger door and onto the ground. So there I was, sitting in the vehicle that everybody thaught was unstealable, but the surprises don't end there, it turns out that the copter has a machine gun. If you have ever tried shoot down the friendly aircraft, you would have noticed, that even after 6 rocket blasts to its hull it still managed to not show a hint of damage, this is because the vehicle is completely invincible! Try as I might, even after driving full pelt into a skyscraper, a blow more than powerfull enough to destroy any other aircraft in the game, the machine came out completely unscathed. That, combined with the machine gun, makes the vehicle incredibly useful, perhaps Avalanche left it in for the inquisitive gamer to find, or more likely in my opinion, it was yet another glitch in an incredibly glitchy, but still very fun, game.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: The Funniest Game Glitches
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:16:57 pm »
i read in a gamemagazine that a guy was playing far cry and he saw a pig driving a car....lol

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:01:11 pm »
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:40:24 pm »
World of Warcraft, the bug that when you get on a flightpath, instead of wisking you away to another location, it simply leaves you there on top of whatever you would be riding, as if it were just a mount. You can run around with it, but its glitchy and doesn't do well in water, and it just spends the whole time in the generic flapping motion. I once was a victim of this bug (although victim would imply that I didn't want it to happen), and I rode the thing straight into an alliance city, and danced around. Nobody could attack me or anything. Good times.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:55:15 pm »
I'm sure a lot of people have run into this, but in halo sometimes when a vehicle tries to crush you against a wall you end up being pushed through the ground and falling forever.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:09 pm »
My favorite glitch was the Goldeneye 007 one that let you duel weild to different guns at once. This allows for som fun. with som chats one you can get some awesome combinations. Granade launch in the left hand and unarmed in the left go to the meeting place with 006 he insists u be unarmed for the discussion and because there is no gun in your right hand he starts talking to you. Meanwhile you pick off his henchmen with the launcher.

Also another fav in that game is moonraker laser with watch laser which Bond has 3 hands to do. :P

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 10:17:01 am »
One time when I was playing kotor the bodies of my characters became invisible, the only thing you could see was their heads and weapons. It looked pretty funny in combat.
Another time when I was playing mafia I saw a guy with a dogs head walking down the street. It might be an easter egg but I don't know.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:16 pm »
In Gears of War, if a squad member chainsaws an enemy, but it dies before they finish, they will continue to chainsaw the air, complete with blood spraying everywhere.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:56:27 pm »
Floating heads in Kotor is a great glitch. I always liked the Zaalbar clones glitch as well although that one is a game breaker so u have to go back to an earlier save.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 09:31:49 pm »
gothic 3

i was playing then i had to load and i was in visble so here i am a big floating sword unfortunly t\i caould still be hit and i died again.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 10:28:57 pm »
World of Warcraft, the bug that when you get on a flightpath, instead of wisking you away to another location, it simply leaves you there on top of whatever you would be riding, as if it were just a mount. You can run around with it, but its glitchy and doesn't do well in water, and it just spends the whole time in the generic flapping motion. I once was a victim of this bug (although victim would imply that I didn't want it to happen), and I rode the thing straight into an alliance city, and danced around. Nobody could attack me or anything. Good times.

Had that happen 4 times. Awesome glitch, you go ultra fast.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »
Leaking polygons can be pretty funny, I've had them in a few games over the years. I remember in JKII you could see their teeth and eyeballs and everything in the cut scenes because all the polygons kept leaking and stretching, it was pretty hilarious while they were talking.

Offline ElemenoP

• Battlezone Captain
  • All Hail, the mighty glowing geography teacher!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 01:26:14 pm »
Oblivion - Fingers of the mountain'd a dog 600 feet in the air, and all the badits around the dog just sorta looked up for a minute, then went about their business...

Or

BROTRR

I remember in CNC renegade, you could get an artillery up onto that huge hill thing on the hill map by putting it onto a tranny, and then just bombard the base below without getting hit to much. You could also leap off the 200 foot high rock, and survive by walking towards the rock. I love sketchy phsyics.
http://www.savefile.com/files/184513
HelperBox.  Ensuring a brighter future!
(it's a 9 megabyte movie I made in endorphin. It's pretty funny)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 02:44:01 pm »
The stupid NPCs in Hitman: blood money has made me laugh many times  ;D
or another time.. when I playied Oblivion (it happend today acctully):

Spoiler warning!
I was going to sleep in my Hovel house in The Imperial City (dont remember the name of the area atm) and I was also on the Final quest in theives guild waiting for amusei to give me the msg to meet the grey fox again, well back to the point when i woke up there was 5 Amuseis standing in my house and everyone wanted to give me the msg at the same time

Haha that made me laugh  ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:53:48 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 02:46:18 pm »
A bunch of my friends and I were playing a James Bond game (I think it was called Nightfire), and my friend fell of a roof and collided with the ground. Then he kept falling. Then he stopped. He was able to run around underground while the screen flickered and made funny noises and shoot all of us.

Good clean fun.  ;)
Yes. Of course.