Author Topic: Negativity towards criticism  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Negativity towards criticism
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 04:01:29 pm »
I'm happy :)

It's just going to be a long wait is all. It's natural that there will be criticism and impatience but good things come to those who wait. I don't want any exciting content cut out of the game in order to rush it out. It's already been a year and a half that I've been waiting and even if it's another year and a half, the game will still be good and exciting. Why? I'm not analyzing it to death. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

I'll be passing through with drinks and a snack momentarily. Be sure you keep your seat belt fastened, we could hit unexpected turbulence at any time. ;)

Cool! Lady M the flight attendant! I want to go on this plane :D

You sure about that.  I'm the pilot!

Ahh!!! *hands Lady M a parachute* Lets get out of here!!!

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 08:50:55 am »
*sees aquaman,hydromancerx and Lady M jump out of the plane with their parachutes*

holy cow, i must follow before it's too late!!

*finds a parachute and puts it on*

*runs immediately towards the opened door of the plane*

"OOOUUCH!!! my leg!!"

*Looks around and gets shoked by the view of a great White Willosaur in the process of eating my leg..*

*How did it suddenly get so cold?....*

*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2006, 01:49:17 pm »
*Turns around*

Hey!  Where did everyone go?  And whats that great white thing doing?

Offline gbCerberus

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 12:21:29 pm »
So go ahead complainers - vent your profound insights. Tell us about how much this game is going to suck because of a video you saw - or how the physics arent up to your expectations and how easy it should be to fix these problems (given what is I am sure a VAST knowledge of all things relating to game development.)
You have more to go on to prove otherwise?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:23:05 pm by gbCerberus »
"You can only see as far as you think."

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:31 pm »
So go ahead complainers - vent your profound insights. Tell us about how much this game is going to suck because of a video you saw - or how the physics arent up to your expectations and how easy it should be to fix these problems (given what is I am sure a VAST knowledge of all things relating to game development.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 12:49:58 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_proof

WWWWD?
(What Would Will Wright Do?)

Offline dogzer

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 07:36:48 am »
It's funny that this thread came up, not long ago i suggested that "people shouldn't expect much from spore" on a thread, that's what i literaly said on a thread i started. And everyone got really offended, and said i was evil and that i talk out my ass and other things.

If they have the read what i said more carefuly, they would realise that they didn't make much sense.

I think by now they are probably calmed down and realised their reaction was out of place, and that there's no reason to get angry at me for what i said, just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to act offended like i was talking against your religion or something.

This is a good thread

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 08:08:45 am »
It's funny that this thread came up, not long ago i suggested that "people shouldn't expect much from spore" on a thread, that's what i literaly said on a thread i started. And everyone got really offended, and said i was evil and that i talk out my ass and other things.
No, what you literally did was look down your nose at people. That was the only thing that caused you to get your negative responses. Perhaps you should stop trying to pin the responsibility on everyone else and just accept that you repeatedly phrased things badly, to the point of making yourself look like a troll trying to get a raise out of everyone.

If they have the read what i said more carefuly, they would realise that they didn't make much sense.
If you read your own words, then the responses, you would see that a lot of them made perfect sense given your tone.

just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to act offended like i was talking against your religion or something.
And just because you disagree doesnt mean you have to patronise everyone who isnt in line with your opinion.
This thread is very different from yours in one very key place, this thread has real purpose and started polite, and yours was just a duplicate of a number of other threads, and started by needlessly patronising people.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 08:45:26 am by Uroboros »

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 08:36:22 am »

I think by now they are probably calmed down and realised their reaction was out of place, and that there's no reason to get angry at me for what i said, just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to act offended like i was talking against your religion or something.

This is a good thread

This thread is older than your thread.

Your thread was rude, which is why people got offended. You see, it wasnt the content, it was the delivery.
WWWWD?
(What Would Will Wright Do?)

Offline dogzer

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 09:53:35 am »
Your thread was rude, which is why people got offended. You see, it wasnt the content, it was the delivery.

Dude, that's what girls say "It's not what you said, it's how you said it."

Now i will admit i have an immature sense of humour when i want to make a point, but only if you admit that you were just little too sensitive at my thread.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:55:23 am by dogzer »

gec05

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 10:08:07 am »
Yeah, GamingSteveis a place for intelligent game discussion. This isn't just another forum populated with 12-year-old Halo fanboys who constantly spam with senseless gabb.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2006, 10:12:20 am »
But, Dogzer, It is totally true. The only reasons people were against your thread is:
You came out fo nowhere, acted superior to people, attempted to sound intelligent whist maintaing stereotypical slang in posts, claimed you would beat us all and generally insulted people.

Also, I know for a fact that my creature will be difficult ,if not impossible, to create in Spore. The creation is about what Spore is about, and I'm just creating without it*. Adding to the Auyuelcliad's thread has become a great deal more fun that trudging through Spore: General.

Spore may be bad, but no-one should debate whether or not it is until they have thoroughly played the game.

*You know, like people have been doing for millenia.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:47:46 am by Balthamael »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline dogzer

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:34 am »
I never insulted anyone, you lie. I was the one who got verbaly insulted, so if you think i'm the 12 year old, think again.

This is called "Will Right's Spore forum - General discussion", it's not "Intelligent discussions - Spore is going to change my life", so i don't see why i should stop contributing to this community, i'm a very important member here now, i'm necesary to keep balance around here.

I never said that spore was going to be a bad game, if someone says that i said that then he's making it up, and would prove that you guys were wrong all along about me and i was right from the begining, all i said that it wasnt going to be as great as you guys pretended.

Offline bluish_wolf

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 11:57:00 am »
I never insulted anyone, you lie. I was the one who got verbaly insulted, so if you think i'm the 12 year old, think again.

This is called "Will Right's Spore forum - General discussion", it's not "Intelligent discussions - Spore is going to change my life", so i don't see why i should stop contributing to this community, i'm a very important member here now, i'm necesary to keep balance around here.

I never said that spore was going to be a bad game, if someone says that i said that then he's making it up, and would prove that you guys were wrong all along about me and i was right from the begining, all i said that it wasnt going to be as great as you guys pretended.

I count five insults in your first post. That's considering that some things are sarcastic and not really insulting.

"Hello guys, i'm new here.
It'd seem you all gone a little crazy with this spore game. Some of you expect a little too much from spore. I came here to put a stop to all this.

I dont mean to bust your bubble, i love to see you all exited about this new upcoming game about creating monsters and having them walk around like crippled little animals. But seriously... the game is not going to be out for 6 months, and y'all became crazy. I think what gave you a wrong idea is that first E3 video that you werent suposed to watch, why did you watch it huh? now look at you...

Spore isn't going to be that great, and you all should stop this nonsense! I'm the only one that's going to rock spore anyway. [insult #1] I've seen your silly mockup drawings, some ideas are a little...hmm... not-smart [insult #2], especialy the ones that cant even be done with spore's editor. I've seen the buttons, i have a little thing called pause on my video player [insult #3], and some of the stuff you guys plan to do cant even be done in the editor.

I could go on and on for a week about all this, but you guys would explode if gave you any more reality power. [insult #4]

This thread isn't intended to be scandalous, i know some of you love scandal, if you love scandal you can just go away now, this is for serious ppl. I just want to hear what you guys gotta say if someone suddlenly comes and talks about what no one realised yet, only me because i'm not on denial about the spore facts like you all are.[insult #5]"

1 - This one's obvious. You're saying that you're the only one who will be good at it.
2 - Calling some people stupid
3 - Insinuates that we aren't using the pause button and aren't smart enough to think of it.
4 - I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, but it sounds insulting.
5 - Saying that we are in denial.
Uninstall... uninstall.

gec05

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 12:01:10 pm »
so if you think i'm the 12 year old, think again.

I wasn't directly refering to you at all whatsoever...