Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 117150 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2008, 04:08:16 pm »
Can someone upload the file somewhere else?  The download doesn't work for me.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2008, 04:35:02 pm »
Just look at the magazine online on that link I just gave you.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2008, 05:12:19 am »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:05 am »
Um... so... the Sims 3 website is up..... and it all looks pretty great....
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2008, 11:09:35 am »
The graphics aren't that good yet(looks like TS2), but the new features sound great.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2008, 11:39:16 am »
You know, while I too am excited about a new Sims title, in my opinions EA's pre-release screenshots, statements and descriptions almost always portray a big and dreamy concept which is actually not what their final product is really going to be. Especially in case of sequels. I hope being a Maxis product, means that Sims 3 is not going to be the same.

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2008, 01:40:35 pm »
Meh, the site is down now. Probably everbody trying to visit it at the same time.

I was thinking about one time paradox that wasn't addressed by the 1up article. I cheer at the idea of having the whole world age and change with you, where nobody is frozen in stasis. Bravo!

That works on every level except one, and I'm curious to see how they'll address it.
One of the more charming aspects of the Sims series was the ability to create Sims and then later meet your own creations randomly when you were playing another game. The idea of 1 save file dropping over to another save file for coffee and dessert was pretty cool.

I'm going to assume that A: You can make more than one Sim in the same neighborhood and B: Those Sims can interact if they happen to bump into one another. The paradox hits when you have two player-sims and play one of them for an extensive time while leaving the other alone.

If  your other player Sim gets swept up in the time stream, you might suddenly find the other Sim instantly keel over from old age when you finally come back to them, and thats not too fun if you want to have multiple projects going at the same time.

On the other hand, if your other player Sims are immune to the march of time and remain their same age, Sims 2 style, you will also find a little blip of awkwardness when you go back to play them. Suddenly all of their friends have died of old age and your Sim is crippled by 10 "death of a friend" moodlets a the same time. Or maybe they were engaged when you stopped playing them and when you resume they find their future mate dead.

Either way, the time flux is going to do some odd things, as something is going to be awkward, unless they remove assumptions A and B, which is its own dissapointment.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2008, 06:34:33 pm »
Well, Sims2 had different Neighborhoods, so that could fix that.

You just wouldn't run into them

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2008, 11:17:08 pm »
Im sure they would have a cheat of some sort that would stop others from aging like in TS2
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2008, 11:23:55 pm »
I noticed it today and I was very disappointed that they did not use "rig block" techniques like in Spore for the Sims 3. Just think if they made Sims 3 furniture, buildings and other feature using the "rig blocks" of Spore! Oh well maybe in Sims 4.

Offline Jagon

• Battlezone Captain
  • Pochemu ludi pischut pa Ruskimu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2008, 01:23:59 am »
wow i havent been this excited for a game since Spore

;D

gec05

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2008, 10:55:57 am »
I noticed it today and I was very disappointed that they did not use "rig block" techniques like in Spore for the Sims 3. Just think if they made Sims 3 furniture, buildings and other feature using the "rig blocks" of Spore! Oh well maybe in Sims 4.

They really didn't say anything about how you interface with creating a Sim. Something we may have yet to see. But I agree, rigging a face with pulleys and knobs is better than using offset sliders. Still, it might be difficult for them to figure out how they're going to fit all those blocks into a face with that much detail.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2008, 11:21:09 am »
I say they cancel the Sims 3.  It will take people away from Spore who could make interesting content for the people who do play it.  Heck, stop production of every FPS that doesn't do anything new graphics-wise so that they'll go to Spore and make dark/realistic content.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2008, 12:50:46 pm »
Are you being serious?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile