Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 10689 times)

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 01:31:18 pm »
There are some hardcore performance issues on some "newer" systems. A lot of complaints on the WarCry forum and other forums too.

Offline Cousarr

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • URF Online
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 02:10:02 pm »
NWN 2 has some major game-killing bugs at the moment. I'd avoid it until they release another couple of patches. Cutscenes often fail to fire, as do other triggered events. The game is horribly unoptimized in both hard-drive space and graphics requirements, and crashes often. Ontop of this, the tech support provided has been poor thusfar.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 08:04:25 am »
Well, the way you guys are talking about it, I think I should give it a try. I always felt bad that I haven't played any of the Baldur's Gate games. If this is something in between the original NeverWinter Nights and Baldur's Gate, then it shouldn't hurt trying. Unless you guys suggest that I go straight to Baldur's Gate instead.

I'm planning to get a new RPG game soon so any comments on this will be greatly appriciated!  ;)

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 10:42:46 am »
Well, the way you guys are talking about it, I think I should give it a try. I always felt bad that I haven't played any of the Baldur's Gate games. If this is something in between the original NeverWinter Nights and Baldur's Gate, then it shouldn't hurt trying. Unless you guys suggest that I go straight to Baldur's Gate instead.

I'm planning to get a new RPG game soon so any comments on this will be greatly appriciated!  ;)

Get Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2, and Throne of Bhaal. After that, you should get Planescape: Torment, Fallout, and Fallout 2.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 11:34:41 am »
Whoa! Thanks for all the recommendations!

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 12:14:48 pm »
Whoa! Thanks for all the recommendations!

Np.

If you get on MSN, I could also show you some other things that would make playing BG much more enjoyable.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 03:33:02 pm »
Sure! Just found and ordered a pack which contains all Baldur's Gate titles you mentioned. Should arrive here soon.

Since I'm currently busy with a research for a university project I might not be able to start right away but man that's something to look forward to!  ;D

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 04:29:18 pm »
Sure! Just found and ordered a pack which contains all Baldur's Gate titles you mentioned. Should arrive here soon.

Since I'm currently busy with a research for a university project I might not be able to start right away but man that's something to look forward to!  ;D

You just made the best choice of your life, bud.  ;D Be prepared for the most epic RPG ever.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 05:11:57 pm »
don't forget Diablo II!

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 05:15:54 pm »
don't forget Diablo II!

Please forget it since it isn't an RPG.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 05:22:40 pm »
LOL not an RPG???

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 05:26:33 pm »
RPG = Role Play Game. In what way is Dungeon Seige or Fallout 2 an RPG that Diablo is not? Do you consider Oblivion or Zelda to be RPGs?
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 05:39:52 pm »
I think it's the most balanced RPG I've ever played. Everything's just right.

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 05:43:16 pm »
RPG = Role Play Game. In what way is Dungeon Seige or Fallout 2 an RPG that Diablo is not? Do you consider Oblivion or Zelda to be RPGs?

Fallout has a deep, highly interactive storyline, which is something all of those other games lack. They're either hack'n'slashes or action-adventures.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 06:00:34 pm »
Fallout has a deep, highly interactive storyline, which is something all of those other games lack. They're either hack'n'slashes or action-adventures.

The storyline isnt what makes an RPG :P it's all about gaining skill and customization. Besides, Diablo II has a great storyline, there's nothing wrong with it!. Role play games have many different sub-genres, you can't call something an RPG by it's combat style, storyline, or point of view (first person/third person). Diablo, Fallout, Final Fantasy, Kotor, System Shock, and Oblivion are all examples of very different RPG's.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:05:00 pm by NRG753 »