Poll

Which should I buy?

Wii
Xbox 360
PC

Author Topic: How to spend my money...  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
How to spend my money...
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:41:14 pm »
So I've been saving up some money in a little box in my room, and I have come to realize I have enough to buy something worthwhile. Problem is, I can't seem to decide what to buy, there just seem to be too many good games and uses for each of them. Thats where you all come in, help me decide, along with maybe reasons on which one I should spend my hard earned money on.

Wii
: Great innovation, I love Nintendo. There are also plenty of games I am looking forward to play such as Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy. It also looks to be quite fun with the whole Wiimote thing, not to mention the emphasis on playing together with fun and simple multiplayer games I could play with  my girlfriend. On the other side, the games I want for it aren't coming out for a while...

360: Amazing graphics, just looks beautiful. Plenty of A+ titles coming out and already out. I really want it mainly for games like Halo 3, Oblivion and Fable 2. Xbox Live is a great online system already established and I have had plenty of fun with it on my original Xbox. However the price tag is a tad bit higher than the Wii, not to mention the game prices. Also, like the Wii, the games I am really looking forward to won't come out for a while.

PC: Plenty of pluses here. I can use it for games as well as tons of other things like browsing the net, editing videos and images, file storage, etc. etc. I would mainly want to get WoW along with the expansion pack BC coming out soon, but I would be getting it mainly to play Spore, which I have been looking forward to since they announced it. The major thing here is definitely the price, being around $800 if I build it with the help of my brother. Again, Spore doesn't even (at least last I heard) have a release date yet. Thing is that if I get the Wii or 360 I doubt I would be able to save up enough money again for the PC in time for Spore.

So there you have it, any more information is appreciated, so please....help me decide!  ;D

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
Re: How to spend my money...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 07:44:33 pm »
While consoles are great, PCs are quite simply a whole lot more useful, plus you get all the free unofficial mods you could ever want!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 07:45:43 pm »
If you can afford to build something good get the PC.

Otherwise get the Wii.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:50:01 pm »
where's option d) give all your money to Manna?

if there's isnt a D then get a PC coz they rock, you can upgrade them when they start to get crap but just a piece at a time which is easier than buying a whole new rig and they're only likely to break as often as an 360 (heh heh)
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 08:14:50 pm »
besides the good games, i would get a 360 for the sole reason of uploading music and playing it in place of the game's soundtrack... :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:46:06 pm »
besides the good games, i would get a 360 for the sole reason of uploading music and playing it in place of the game's soundtrack... :D

'cuz we all know that's impossible on a PC.  ;)

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:18:55 pm »
Well, if you want Spore(which most of us do) then get the PC and it'll most likely be worth it. Then sell the computer you type on currently and then maybe get the Wii.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 09:21:35 pm »
OR...give the money to Manna!

**covers mouth**

Yeh! thats a great idea!
Yeh, give the money to Manna!
Yeh! Yeh, Manna!

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 09:24:13 pm »
"Yea! To Manna!"

Hey! That wasn't very nice, stop throwing your voice over here! Anyways, he already knows that hes supossed to give the money to Fade2gray. That's just a simple fact. Like a law of nature.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 09:32:23 pm »
**slumps**

oh...ok. Fade2gray should give his money to Manna when he gets it!

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:33:34 pm »
Noone can do that till you post your bank detials ;D Oh better verify your ip number so you'll need to post your username and password ;D j/k

On topic... go for the PC. I would save up till Spore is released so you can afford a better machine for it ;)
Book, book, book

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:13:21 am »
High end PCs are superlative when it comes to various (read most) types of gaming and they're more functional than a console anyway. If you can afford one, it's a no-brainer.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 10:52:42 am »
Are you implying that you do not have a PC right now, and want to get one? Or are you going to get a PC upgrade.

I'm hoping that Spore won't need a very high end machine to play.

If you want to get a console though, get a Wii.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 11:08:59 am »
I voted for the PC. There is so much more you can do with a good PC. I haven't played a console game in ages. Definitely the better value.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 11:51:07 am »
Are you implying that you do not have a PC right now, and want to get one? Or are you going to get a PC upgrade.

I'm hoping that Spore won't need a very high end machine to play.

If you want to get a console though, get a Wii.

Right now I have a rather old (was refurbished when I got it) laptop that is just well....horrible. The screen randomly blinks on and off, I can't run a music player and do anything of worth while its playing because it's so slow. The framerate of even the most simplistic flash games are horrid. Now I realize I could put a bit more ram in it, but updating this piece of junk isn't worth my money, not to mention it has integrated sound and video, so updating that is a no go. I would go more in depth but I'm afraid my computer would lag out if I typed more than a small paragraph  :D