Poll

Should posts in Forum Games count towards your total posts?

Yes, posts in Forum Games should add to the total.
27 (58.7%)
No, posts in Forum Games should not add to the total.
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Forum Games Post Count  (Read 24605 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Games Post Count
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 06:43:04 pm »
I know i have posted things sometimes that can probably be considared spam-ish look at the off topic topic and techincally the australian themed topic which I created as more of a specialized off topic topic. Although i would credit some of my spamming to having to much time on my hands at work sometimes. I think it should be up to everyone to minimize spamming. I'm trying to stop any spam I might end up posting and when it comes to other just have to make sure we dont suddenly lynch someone for posting what might be spam.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 05:29:42 am »
I say either remove forum games postcounts or start moderating that forum more heavily.

By that I mean put an end to all the crap like the Moving Text Game or any game that involves counting upwards. Does anyone actually think that counting in 2s is fun?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 12:49:31 pm »
I say make forum games not count at all.

However, if it's a role-play that's not totally random, like an actual role play....sure. Maybe have a seperate section of the forum games forum for that.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
So am I hearing that people think RP's should count as posts? Cause you can't have some posts count and other not, in a board. I'd like to fully understand your reasoning for this, so I can take it into consideration. I want to make a thorough analysis.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 05:54:59 pm »
If you take the time to read the those threads you'll see how much thought and planning goes into the role playing games. It takes a long time to think about and write something like that, its not just blurting out the first thing that comes into your head. As someone who doesn't take part in them, I feel I can be a bit impartial and so it is my oppinion that they are as valid as Creation Corner is to be counted in posts. If there are enough people who think the same way as I do, perhaps we could form a seperate section for RP?
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 05:59:50 pm »
The thing is that it looks like the RPs are not as abundant as they used to be, so it seems a bit unnecessary to make a whole board for them. Maybe the Creation Corner can be made into a board for any kind of things where imagination is involved, not just things related to Spore.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 06:04:06 pm »
If you take the time to read the those threads you'll see how much thought and planning goes into the role playing games. It takes a long time to think about and write something like that, its not just blurting out the first thing that comes into your head. As someone who doesn't take part in them, I feel I can be a bit impartial and so it is my oppinion that they are as valid as Creation Corner is to be counted in posts. If there are enough people who think the same way as I do, perhaps we could form a seperate section for RP?

Well, the issue is deeper then that. If we make a separate RP board, do we include CC RPs? or is it just Forum Games RPs? There are many combinations on how one could set this up. There are many issues to be resolved before any final word can be made.

The thing is that it looks like the RPs are not as abundant as they used to be, so it seems a bit unnecessary to make a whole board for them. Maybe the Creation Corner can be made into a board for any kind of things where imagination is involved, not just things related to Spore.

That might be a tad bit confusing. I do believe it is possible to create Child Boards in SMF, so that is also an option worth considering.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 06:07:28 pm »
Yes, if there is an RP board you should enforce a rule that puts all the CC RPs in there too.

I think that would also increase usership in the RPs because people will know where to go to find them.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 06:20:47 pm »
Yes, if there is an RP board you should enforce a rule that puts all the CC RPs in there too.

I think that would also increase usership in the RPs because people will know where to go to find them.

That Pretty much works for me. But tell me, Would games like Elect that or Debate that count as RPs? or would the fourm be for more traditional style RPs?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2006, 06:22:19 pm »
"Elect That" is hardly a game. It is just another spam topic.

"Debate That" would work though. However it would have to be policed.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:09 pm »
I would imagine that RPs, if they were separate, would have to be subject to the same rules as the rest of the forum as well as those in the individual threads. That would mean no spam threads and the like. It couldn't be like Forum Games where rules are mostly suspended, because that's partly the problem.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2006, 06:42:10 pm »
Daxx, I think that was implied.

Don't worry. I don't know how the folks in the Spore Forums do their RPs but the ones we do in Forum Games never go off topic.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 06:45:28 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2006, 07:54:55 pm »

Well, the issue is deeper then that. If we make a separate RP board, do we include CC RPs? or is it just Forum Games RPs? There are many combinations on how one could set this up. There are many issues to be resolved before any final word can be made.

What reason is there for seperating CC from forum game RPs?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2006, 08:10:42 pm »
We don't need another forum section just for RP's. The forum is split up fine; RP's are forum games.

And I don't see why RP's should count towards post count while other forum games shouldn't. RP's rarely, if ever, get spammed up, but they are forum games. I don't see the reasoning behind including RP's and not other forum games towards post count.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 10:08:08 pm »
We don't need another forum section just for RP's. The forum is split up fine; RP's are forum games.

And I don't see why RP's should count towards post count while other forum games shouldn't. RP's rarely, if ever, get spammed up, but they are forum games. I don't see the reasoning behind including RP's and not other forum games towards post count.

Look at the RPs and look at the forum games. There's a major difference. About half the forum games are mindless word-typing, whereas the RPs actually require thought to be put into the writing.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.