Author Topic: Babies?  (Read 3888 times)

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Babies?
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:59:52 pm »
I was just thinking of how you lose control of your creature after they mate and go on to the next generation. Wouldn't that be cool if you started as a baby creature at this point instead of a full grown adult? The parents could help you hunt and not leave until you are adult sized.

I think it would be easy to implement because its all procudeural.

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
Re: Babies?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 03:43:47 pm »
It could be like black and white - the game studies how you play, and once you reproduce and start playing as the baby, the parent keeps playing the same way you did before...

Being part of a litter might be interesting, too...

I really wonder how the herd idea is going to work... will all the members of your "herd" evolve at the same time you do, or will there be members of each generation on the planet (could a willosaur go and attack/eat one of those aquatic finned willosaurs)?

Offline PC Dave

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:25:17 pm »
While it's possible they might put that in, afaik as it is NOW it's kinda like the old game Evo. You make changes to your creature in the editor when you click on the egg, then the egg hatches with the new version ready to go. Maybe with a little metamorph animation but that's speculation on my part. Also all the creatures in your city are not cookie cutter iirc, they vary in size, to a point.

Offline Insane Chaoz

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 01:17:19 am »
I wonder if they really have to come from eggs. Can the creatures be born any other way?

On another note. (First Post!) Many more will come.

Offline PC Dave

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:29:32 am »
The egg is a trigger to go into the creature editor. I think since it's established in the begining of the game that clicking the egg enables the editor, it's more of a constant UI feature that lets the player know (s)he can change something again.

Offline LobsterMobster

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Fear the devestation of the crustacean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 06:02:18 am »
So...  I once ate a baby.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 09:07:30 am »
The egg is a trigger to go into the creature editor. I think since it's established in the begining of the game that clicking the egg enables the editor, it's more of a constant UI feature that lets the player know (s)he can change something again.

Indeed. Will didn't appear to have to start as a baby each time he changed his creature.

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 04:52:00 pm »
But then again, Will's demo was held together by duct-tape and reinforced with prayer.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Evil Overlord

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Fools,i'll destroy them ALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 07:21:10 pm »
So... I once ate a baby.
So i once ate you.
I'll eat your soul