Author Topic: will wright streams spore gameplay live, info 10/19 VIDEO POSTED  (Read 23566 times)

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
NEW

https://www.poptech.org/popcasts/PopCasts.aspx?viewcastid=33

NEW

The event is over, I only heard about it after the fact, and they dont seem to archive content, just stream live events :'(

via http://www.thelastboss.com

Things Will Wright Covered: (Keep checking in for more updates throughout the day)

+Your creature creations will be turned into cards, which others can collect and try out in their games

+The physics and fluid engines breaks all the rules and doesn't take any memory at all cause Will Wright is amazing

+Describes how games nowadays like to explore specifics and simplicity of gameplay, names toys Americans don't understand

+Spore patents new gaming word: Scenius - the genius of a group of people

+AI is being discussed, Will Wright says that your Spore game will learn how foreign creatures should act based on how other players have designed and played them in other games of Spore

+A speaker scolds the question taker for not choosing raised hands in the right order :)

+Discussing game's evoked emotions and comparing them to White House's bad decisions! Also compares to Ico's awe and wonder

+"Take a Virgin to lunch" break number one has begun, damn I wish I was there! These guys are very organized and fun

It looks like that's it for the Spore portion of the event, but the conference is still going on with more technology coverage.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:05:49 am by happydan20 »

I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
Re: will wright steams spore gameplay live, info 10/19
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 09:09:07 am »
nice
Never mind your own business.

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
  • Made of 100% All-Natural Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 09:11:26 am »
Hmm, wow... and I thought they weren't doing any more public demos for a while.  The sad part is, I'd absolutely love to see/hear this thing in its entirety, even though I know it will likely contain zero nuggets of new information.  This is the level of my addiction, lol.

--TFGoose
Quote from: me
Where there's a Will, there's a way....

Offline mccarty181

• Tempest Top Dog
  • yes I have a thing for rodents...so what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:50 pm »
I'm surprised with all the spore fanboys out there that someone didn't catch this before the fact oh well
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »
No doubt, you'd think someone on here would've known about it and posted to tell everyone about it beforehand.  Sheesh... slippin'....  :-)

--TFGoose

Offline mccarty181

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:42 pm »
yeah seriously guys come on :D i remeber back in the days some of you had up to the minute updates of every single event that had to do even remotely with spore. ;D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 12:17:30 pm »
yeah seriously guys come on :D i remeber back in the days some of you had up to the minute updates of every single event that had to do even remotely with spore. ;D
I think it's probably because now nobody truly BELIEVES they'll ever find out anything new about Spore.

It's been a loooooooooong time since May.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 12:48:17 pm »
That and it's not the dead of summer anymore, and school don't allow people to sit at a computer with internet access 24 hours... ;)

And I can't seem to be able to watch the video... :-\

Edit: Finally it works, what a pain.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:50:07 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:16:27 pm »
That and it's not the dead of summer anymore, and school don't allow people to sit at a computer with internet access 24 hours... ;)

Hmm, I can't seem to find the video.

Offline mccarty181

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 01:18:12 pm »

That and it's not the dead of summer anymore, and school doesn't allow people to sit at a computer with internet access 24 hours... ;)

lest your school supplies laptops and you can bypass the blocking program which luckily i can ;D still your right itsnot 24/7
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 01:20:45 pm »
Hmm, I can't seem to find the video.

The website seems to update by two news items and it pushes things down rather quickly. Here's the link they had in the news item: http://live.poptech.org/webcast.html

(Note to FireFox users: Don't tab it, it seems to think you have your pop-up blocker on even if it is off when you tab it. Did for me at least)
Virus Buster.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:15 pm »
ok i'm still confused do you mean current live video or archived video of the spore talk? because quite frankly if its not the spore talk i'm not interested  ;)

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:54:54 pm »
Well, I can't find the video either. All I find is a livestream showing that gay, pink pop!tech bomb.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 02:46:20 pm »
Because it's live. And the last conversation thing ended about an hour ago and began about 30 minutes ago. During the 30 minutes, that's all they showed.

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 02:59:05 pm »
Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing it too.  I'm just getting live feed garbage that I don't really care about.  Hopefully it'll get archived somewhere soon so we can watch what took place.  I've never even heard of this conference though.  Then again, I rarely focused on many trade or press shows other than GDC and E3 in years past.  Maybe I should pay more attention to this stuff now though, since I don't think I'll ever make it to a GDC and E3 has officially been castrated.  

That still ticks me off to no end by the way.  Eight frickin' years I went to E3, and it was awesome every time.  Great games, flashy giveaways, booth babes, parties, and still plenty of ability to step into a conference room and hold an "actual" interview with a developer for anything serious you were covering.  It was great.

Now I'm thinking that pamphlets with black & white photos are about the best that most companies are going to offer.  Some of the larger outfits might throw in some posterboard charts displayed on an easel to remind everyone of how much their life sucks.  And after each presentation, instead of the usual cool schwag they used to hand out, all the press will instead receive a little baggie full of expired candy corns, flavorless jello packets, and a voucher for a free kick in the sack.

Okay, I completely forgot where I was headed with my original idea for this reply after getting all riled up about E3.  So I'll just come back later.

--TFGoose