Author Topic: Could this be the Nintendo Revolution controller? ***Well, it's not***  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Sure, itís probably a big, freaky hoax, but who are we not to fall for the work of a bored 15-year-old with a pirated copy of Photoshop and a dream?
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/nintendo/nintendo-revolution-the-controller-107485.php

I dont know, the touch pad seems pretty strange.  Not thinking this is it right now...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 07:22:15 pm by danzik »

Offline Achereon

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Could this be the Nintendo Revolution controller?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:00:58 am »
It's just a concept made by some kid on the gamespotboard

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Could this be the Nintendo Revolution controller?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 07:18:39 pm »
ah, i guess it is.  Funny, I didn't think Gizmondo would be fooled by something like that.  Either way, you've got to give the kid credit, it's cool in an ugly sort of way. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 07:21:26 pm by danzik »

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
It's already been released that it won't have buttons or analog sticks (somewhere).

Read the comments on this article for some interesting details: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000410047265/

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
It's already been released that it won't have buttons or analog sticks (somewhere).

Read the comments on this article for some interesting details: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000410047265/

Something about IGN saying Nintendo is giving up the traditional joystick and a+b buttons.
Nothing credible.

However, you can bet your ass Nintendo has something.

"Miyamoto told Wired News, "Because the user interface is going to drive the Revolution software design, that's what's going to make our software stand out. Nobody else is going to be able to do what we do with next-generation game software. So, I can't reveal anything. It's under wraps because it's the big gun.""
-Gamespot

Offline Shuyin2990

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Sure, itís probably a big, freaky hoax, but who are we not to fall for the work of a bored 15-year-old with a pirated copy of Photoshop and a dream?
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/nintendo/nintendo-revolution-the-controller-107485.php

I dont know, the touch pad seems pretty strange.  Not thinking this is it right now...

It reminds me of the old DreamCast controllers...

Something about IGN saying Nintendo is giving up the traditional joystick and a+b buttons.
Nothing credible.

I doubt Nintendo will give up the a+b buttons. Most likely if they need to change the design for future games they'll add different buttons like they did with the "Z" button when Nintendo made the N64.

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog

It reminds me of the old DreamCast controllers...

Nothing credible.

I actually expect them to ditch the a and b buttons.  Hell, I expect them to ditch the whole current "controller" idea and go with something totally new.  The reason I think this?  The revolution has ports on it for standard GC controllers.  So you can just use those for your regular games, while using the new controller for the revolutionary games.
I doubt Nintendo will give up the a+b buttons. Most likely if they need to change the design for future games they'll add different buttons like they did with the "Z" button when Nintendo made the N64.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 08:08:09 am by zaphod »

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Hey does Nintendo translate the english on their controllers in Japan?

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
i dont understand the big push for a new controller, as I recall it nintendo spend a lot more then anyone else on researching the design for the gamecube controller...  Most seem to agree that its a very well designed controller.

I guess maybe their research pulled something else out???  Just seems a waste to spend so much on research to scrap it for something "revolutionary."

Personally I think its just a ploy.  Theyve built a sub standard (for next gen) console, probably having problems lining up developers as the confidence is low...  The only thing they can really claim for greatness without any proof is a mysterious controller.

Except it is usually the first thing leaked after the box itself?
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile

Having not owned anthing past the SNES (Super Famicon in Japan), what english is on their controllers that need to be translated.

Edit:† Wasn't thinking again.† Start and select would be on there...but I havent a clue if it translates or not but, check this thing out
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:27:42 pm by danzik »

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile

... No
The Japanese use English words a LOT...

That's just from my 5+ years or so experience from learning Japanese in my spare time.