Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 500426 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« Reply #5850 on: November 20, 2008, 07:54:39 pm »
The 13th works for me.  If no one else wants the first arc, I'll take it.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5851 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11:50 pm »
The New Superpower RP: Part III - Information Station

The Story
Arc 0 - Introductions - Summary
Arc I - Body - Summary
Arc II - Attention Obano - Summary
Arc III - Jeanette Beaupre Must Die!! - Summary
Arc IV - Mind - Summary
Arc V - V is for Vile - Summary
Arc VI - Obano, We Have a Problem - Summary
Arc VII - Find Flavian! - Summary
Arc VIII - Cleaning Today For a Better Tomorrow - Summary
Arc IX - Soul - Summary

The New Superpower RP - Artwork
The New Superpower RP - Lore

The Historical Superpower RP - Volume I - Information Station
The Historical Superpower RP - Volume II - Information Station
The Historical Superpower RP - Volume III - Information Station
The New Superpower RP - Information Station
The New Superpower RP Part II - Information Station
The New Superpower RP - Part III - Information Station

The Primary Characters
Inkling's Character: Andrew Morris•
Krakow Sam's Characters: The Mercenaries (Broadside*), The Dead (Octavius Pleasant•, Leo Nightingale), The SnakeM, Howard Myrmer•, The Horsemen•, The Horror
Martyk's Character: Marty Karrel*
Neoadept's Character: Kevin Berlinguer*, Daren Marstems•
PatMan's Characters: Fulton Xun*, Geoffrey Brady*, Jeanette Beaupre•, POLIM†, Flavian Brady*†, Delilah Wilder*†
Yossitaru's Character: Harland Frazier*, Kimberly Yassipolitz•, The Silver Wanderer

The Secondary Characters
Playable Characters:
Non-Playable Characters: Alpha, Jonas Brady†, Anthony Guiscard, The Madisons, Polly McPherson•

Inactive Characters
Alwayswatching's Character: Alex Lustonx
Brandonazz's Character: Jordan Rates•
Darth Grievi's Character: Nicolasx
DoctorZ's Character: Ghostx
Doomsday's Character: Ryuuji Smith/Jack Smith, Ghostx
Flisch's Chracter: Dylan*
Grangan's Character: Jack Eyemasx
Lurk's Character: Sparky•
Neoteric's Character: Ethan Hayesx
Yannick's Character: Saladin Gebrali*
Yuu's Character: Zethx

Key
Evil characters are denoted by red names, neutral characters are denoted by purple names, and good characters are denoted by blue names.
• Solid 'halos' denote a character that was present in a previous installment of this RP; beware, these characters usually have more back story than some RPs have posts.
* Asterisks denote characters that were created when the RP started, be warned, they may have a lot of back story.
† Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
x The 'x' denotes a character that has not had an impact on the story due to a player dropping out or being inactive.
M An 'M' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'M' you will be taken to a description of those minions.

Other Things...
A Map of Obano

Villain Slots
Arc 0 - N/A
Arc I - Neoadept
Arc II -  Krakow Sam
Arc III - PatMan33
Arc IV -  Neoadept
Arc V - PatMan33/Krakow Sam
Arc VI -  Krakow Sam
Arc VII  - PatMan33
Arc VIII - Yossitaru
Arc IX -  Neoadept
Arc X -  Krakow Sam

News and Updates
11/20/08
The New Superpower RP: Part III is beginning on December 13th!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:14:27 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: November 21, 2008, 03:56:37 am »
Well, whoever gets first I think that we should have a short period of posts which are just scene-setting and things (like we did with the very first RP before the ida of arcs even occured to us). Just a short period of freeform posting so everyone can get their characters where they want them to be before things start getting structured.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5853 on: November 21, 2008, 05:05:57 am »
That's crazy, Sam.

Crazy awesome.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: November 21, 2008, 05:09:07 am »
Oh, I'd also like to put the dibsies on the last arc, unless anyone has any objections.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:26 am »
Hm, I might want it, I'm still figuring out how my last arc will go beyond the basic outline.

Perhaps we should call the start up period "Arc Zero," just to differentiate it from the villain sections?
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5856 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:19 am »
That will work. I have Sam down as the "last" arc but it is only tentative. If we have to we'll flip a coin to see who gets it. Also who is to say we will even go ten arcs!?

Also I hate those ****ing Horsemen. >:(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: November 21, 2008, 08:33:54 am »
Well, consider the horsemen a premeptive revenge for the villain you said we'd hate.  ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5858 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:16 am »
Hey I added a new town/city to the map. The town of Last Resort (thought it was clever, if you have a better name please tell me) is on the large and mysteriously unused island to the east of Obano. It's nestled safely in between that mountain and has some green space.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: November 21, 2008, 10:25:32 am »
I'll join :D

Saladin Gebrali
Powers:
Energy Conversion: Saladin has the power the direct energy, absorb it or release energy from his own body. But, being young and not having experimented much with his powers, he only knows about the rudimentary basics of his power.
Improvisation: Living in a desert, Saladin has become very good in the art of improvisation. He can salvage parts from broken things and can make new weapons with it or create traps.

Saladin was born in Morocco, in a semi-wealthy family. His family moved to Obano before he was even born. They settles in Neros, near the desert region, for its good security. However, at the age of 7, the land went crazy and the deserts expanded. Also, because of the death of Theodore Remus and his psychic connection the billions of people most of his family died. Only he and his father survived. How he survived was a mystery, considering only the strong of mind lived on. He kept growing up, living as normal as normal can be on Obano. The chaos was bad, but Saladin pulled through.

This all changed when he hit the age of 16. He discovered he could drop the temperature by wishing it was colder, something that he found to be very handy now that Obano became mostly desert. Around the age of 18, he got bored of life in the city and decided to live as much as his ancestors as possible. So he abondoned the city and lived in the outskirts, living off the hunt and visiting settlements to stock up on food, ammo and water. This is the only reason the isolation hasn't made him mad. He got his money by doing jobs for people, mostly physical.

The longer he lived in the desert, the more he developed his powers. He learned about the possibilities. He could freeze water and use the energy of the heat for his own body when he felt tired to get a temporary surge of energy, he also noticed that keeping the air around him cool allowed him to do more things without getting tired. Thanks to the studies he had gotten, he had figured out what he was able to do. He was able to absorb heat and transform it into energy.

At the age of 21 he had learned a new trick. He could heat up things by using energy from his own body but the discovery was a fluke. He didn't have anything to start a fire with and while he was concentrating and thinking, the wood lit up. Shocked by this event, but feeling incredibly tired, he assumed that this was the reverse of his power. Giving off his own energy.

The following years he had learned to use this powers, but because of the desert environment, there wasn't a lot more he could do except cooling air and heating logs for fire.

Saladin, being Arabic from origin, has a nice mocca skin tone, which is perfect for surviving in a desert environment. He has dark, brown eyes, and pitch black hair. His hair is short and you'll often see a stubbled beard and sideburns. He wears black leather torso armour on top of white and baggy shirts, under this he often sports baggy white pants, finishing with brown sandals. His head is wrapped in cloth to keep the sunrays of his head. His hunting rifle hangs around him using a leather rope and in his black belt he has 2 knives.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:39:37 pm by Yannick »

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: November 22, 2008, 08:24:05 am »
Ach, the draw of a new character against the appeal of continuing the freaky amphibious electric psychic demialien saga.

I'll probably stick with Sparky, since I expect a lot of the old guard will still be around. Of course, she'll need a new bio...
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: November 22, 2008, 02:27:51 pm »
Can I ask about Pat and KS' weird names for characters?

Damn, I missed so much...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: November 22, 2008, 06:09:11 pm »
Its just something Pat started in the last part. Its just a fun way of setting out what chatracters you're going to use without giving away too much info about them.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5863 on: November 22, 2008, 08:07:55 pm »
Yes indeedy!

Also, Lurk, are you still going to use blue text? :-X

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: November 23, 2008, 08:23:16 am »
Unless someone else needs it for something, yes.
Not a winner anymore.