Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 500438 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« Reply #3270 on: July 06, 2007, 01:28:05 pm »
I plan to send him in as the person he is after the Historical RP, since I wanted something to change about him by the end of it.

I'll write up an upgraded bio for him and we can run it through the usual hoops.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3271 on: July 06, 2007, 02:05:20 pm »
Name: Pascal

Bio: Pascal is a member of a very very old cult known as The Unblinking Eye of the Cosmos. He holds the title of Supreme Beholder, the closest person to The Eye and the physical embodiment of The Eye's power. His job is to enforce the decrees made by The Eye as well as providing a voice for The Eye to communicate with the other Beholders. The Unblinking Eye of the Cosmos has a primary goal of keeping an accurate log of world events, which it has done since the end of the Mage Wars. Their secondary goal is to prevent another Mage War-like event from happening again and it does this by confiscating objects of great power and eliminating people with malicious intent. While this may seem like a large job for such a small organization, The Eye only works on serious threats and therefore does not see the need to have a large force.

Members of the eye have no deep relationships and are not high profile members of society. If encountered a member of The Eye will not reveal any personal information except for their name and they do not expect the same in return. Members of The Eye are adept Temporal Mages and have a handle on many of the skills required to stay hidden. Every member of The Eye carries an enchanted stone tablet, known as the Tablet of Records, that instantly transports their writings to the Library of the Cosmos for archiving and examination. This tablet is an extension of it's bearer and will only work for it's proper owner, if the owner of the tablet is in danger, they can scrawl down a code word which will automatically teleport them to safety. Pascal dons the robes of the Supreme Beholder, which is white with an elegant purple trim; of special interest is the enchantment on the robe which prevents it from becoming stained or dirtied in any way.

Powers:
Slow Down
When your job is to observe, sometimes things may happen faster then you can write them down. With the Slow Down technique, a member of The Eye can slow down the events around them in order to properly observe just what happened. While this technique is used for observational purposes only, it has it's uses in the field of battle. These uses are limited however, seeing as it takes a few precious moments to properly prepare the spell.

Stasis Field
Stasis Field is an ability that has been revived and specially tailored for use by members of The Eye. With the invention and proliferation of projectile weapons, The Eye saw a need for a new means of protection. With it, all projectiles heading toward a member of The Eye will stop short of their mark.It allows complete protection from bullets, but that is all it protects against, all other objects will be unaffected.

Blade Mastery
Pascal has, after many millennia, finally defeated his inner demons and is able to control the power he once held before becoming part of The Eye. Calling upon his ancient training as a swordsman, Pascal is unmatched in the field of battle. He uses two crystal short swords, which have been enchanted so that they do not break, to ward off his foes and fights with an undying ferocity the can only be found in survivors of the Mage Wars.

Total Recall
With the master data banks of most of human history in the safe keeping of The Eye, a member can easily and instantly go through this library of information and pull up anything at a moment's notice. It is very useful when you are trying to get a read on a person who had played an important role in things in the past, or when you are just trying to pick a lock to get into a room.

There is Pascal, slightly improved to deal with the world of 2017. We are in 2017, right? I know we stopped counting but I think that is where we stopped. Also, do not worry too much about Stasis Field, most of the attacks this arc should be melee type attacks so it won't have much use, plus it makes for a swordsman that can actually survive in this world.

Thoughts, comments? Go!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 02:08:51 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 06, 2007, 02:28:20 pm »
This guy could go toe-to-toe with a Breaker and they'd be evenly matched from the start. Which is a bit dull, if he's a hero. I always figured that villains should be technically more powerful than the good guys. Still, go for it. It'll make a fun change - calling him an unmatched swordsman is just asking for an epic Pascal versus Stranger battle, which would certainly be entertaining, if not necessarily logical.

There is one thing, though: isn't the Eye's secondary function both redundant (since magic ceased being as powerful after the Mage Wars) and treading on the toes of the Custodians (who were, in turn treading on the toes of the OPF and its sister organisations?)
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3273 on: July 06, 2007, 02:54:56 pm »
I like to think of Pascal as a true blue neutral character, but he is not evil... at least, not in this current incarnation. Plus it will be interesting to have a "good guy" who was around when most of our bad guys were.

The Eye's secondary function is a bit useless... and really it is a work in progress.  Neo and I have worked on it a bit and this is the latest revision. I would imagine that the ultimate goal of The Eye is to remove the faction lines all together, which is not something that the other groups have on the agenda. But it has been talked about the The Eye and the Custodians have a bit of a relationship. All of the powerful artifacts that The Eye gets are completely analyzed and cataloged, then sent to the Custodians for safe keeping. That is about the extent of the relationship, and I will keep working on The Eye so that their mission becomes more defined as time goes on. Input from you guys is always welcome.

Oh also, I was in the shower just now and a thought hit me, you will like this Lurk. Since we probably will not get all of the RP stats placed in the first post, the idea struck me to make a link in the RP list that will take you to the post in the OoC topic which contains all of the RP info. Does that sit well with all of you? I can link it right up to my last RP update post. :)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 06, 2007, 02:57:26 pm »
That, sir, is genius.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 06, 2007, 03:21:12 pm »
Centralized information, that's a great idea.

Also, my internet's been acting up, so I don't know when I will and will not be on.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:22:47 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 06, 2007, 04:14:23 pm »
Yes, that sounds very helpful.

Would someone care to tell me how these Tubes and the spheres work?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: July 06, 2007, 04:17:50 pm »
<.<
>.>

I have very little idea. They just get you there. And since Guilmon has (possibly) allready mentioned you, you are pretty much at the battle.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 06, 2007, 04:20:29 pm »
Actually, I have no idea how they work. When Sam had to go somewhere, he got a lift in a van, walked or took the bus.

I assume that they're a fast mass-transportation network designed to ferry OPF agents around using undergound tunnels and hollow metal spheres possibly propelled by some kind of magnetism, maybe. They're pretty safe to skip over, since you can't have a dramatic high-speed chase in them. Easiest to just assume that you've already made the journey.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3279 on: July 06, 2007, 04:33:16 pm »
I believe the tubes are a vacuum and the spheres travel rapidly through them based on some kind of magnetic thing. The tubes are able to rise out of the ground at virtually any point on Obano so they can, in effect, take you anywhere and everywhere in a few minutes. At least, that is how we have played them in the past.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 06, 2007, 04:40:03 pm »
They can also be flooded and people can have fights in them.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3281 on: July 06, 2007, 05:03:29 pm »
The New Superpower RP - Information Station

The Story

Arc I - Summary
Arc II - Summary (WORK IN PROGRESS)
Arc III - Summary
Arc IV - Summary
Arc V - Summary
Arc VI - Summary
Arc VII - Summary
Arc VIII - Summary
Arc IX - Summary
Arc X - Summary

The New Superpower RP - Artwork
The New Superpower RP - Lore

The Historical Superpower RP - Volume I - Information Station
The Historical Superpower RP - Volume II - Information Station
The New Superpower RP - Information Station
The New Superpower RP Part II - Information Station
The New Superpower RP - Part III - Information Station

The Primary Characters
Alwayswatching's Characters: Hunter, Riftwalkerx, Antione Rothschild, 4
Darth Grievi's Characters: Zachary (Zak) Quant, Dr. Morgan Parksm
Inkling's Character: Andrew Clayton Morris
Krakow's Characters: Arthur Fab*, The Geneva Automaton, Octavius Pleasant, Jennifer Godwin, Sir Godwin Lawson
Luminar's Character: Cystus Blight
Lurk's Character: Sam Smith
Neoadept's Characters: The Dark Stranger*M, Dr. Greggory (Greg) Marstems / Doc' Inferno, The Breaker Lords, Delta
Neoteric's Character: Stralen Zia, Aseraenx
PatMan's Characters: Richard Bernard Likely*, Pascal
Shadow's Characters: Sabin Sabastian*, Elior Tagarx, Johan Waldheimx
Yossitaru's Characters: Mantar Yasipolitz*, Raphael Emil Guiscard III

The Secondary Characters
Playable Characters: Agent One
Non-Playable Characters: Johnathan O'Malley, Lawrence Davidson, Mensomes, Sarah DeCaith

Inactive Characters
Aname's Character: Captain Planetx
Bona Fide Supraman's Character: Supramanx
Fade2Gray's Character: Basil McLaren*
Flamster's Character: Frost*x
Genises' Character: Aei
Guilmon's Character: Tasha K. Orandax
Mae's Character: Maex
Operaghost's Character: Dr. Julius Sutherfordx
Pilot4Life's Character: Avery Leex

Key
Evil characters are denoted by red names, neutral characters are denoted by purple names, and good characters are denoted by blue names.
* Asterisks denote characters that were created when the RP started, be warned, they may have a lot of back story.
Crosses denote a character that is currently not playing a major role in the story; this can include, but is not limited to: user inactivity, that character's death, or the character's creator turning that character into an NPC.
x The 'x' denotes a character that has not had an impact on the story due to a player dropping out or being inactive.
M An 'M' denotes a character that has minions, and if you click on the 'M' you will be taken to a description of those minions.

Other Things...
An explanation of the schools of magic
A Map of Obano

News and Updates

12/27/07
-The New Superpower RP - Part II has started! Enjoy!

Old News
-Doing some final updates.

-Today, December 19th, marked the end of the RP! Woo!

-Added a new character class: Secondary Characters. I also made some general updates.

-Added Neoteric's character, Aseraen. He slipped my mind before, sorry about that.

-Just some updates, housekeeping really. Also we've been playing the RP for one year and twelve days! Go us! Woo!

-I added the map to the list of stuff.

-This info should be up in the RP List topic by now, so it can be accessed easily from there. Also, I color coded the character list after I updated it. Red is an evil character, purple is neutral, blue is good, and black is a character that has no alignment because they were never played or something along those lines.

-I've updated the character lists so they should reflect every change up to today. Tell me if you find any problems!

-Okay, I'll start advertising the new Arc some time soon. We might be able to get another person or two into the fray before we start.

-Also, an update for the regulars. I missed this and some of you may have forgotten. But I found this while making up that list...
Hey, Y'all.

Sorry I haven't posted in, well, forever. I've been the 'victim' of a series of events that have kept me away, and will likely continue to do so for a little while more. Basically, it started when my internet connection when on the frits. By the time I got that worked out it was time to go on vacation for a week, and when I got back my school work was so piled up that I've had little time for anything other than writing papers and and unwinding with a bit of Dawn of War. Once this is all done and over with I'll try to get back on board with the RP, hopefully I'll be able to come up with a plausible excuse for Basil's prolonged absence.

See you! :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:55:38 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 07, 2007, 01:18:49 am »
D'you want me to put that in the first post of the OOC topic? I'm not really sure.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3283 on: July 07, 2007, 02:15:04 am »
No we already worked it out, plus I'm around more to update it.

Don't worry about it.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 07, 2007, 08:15:16 am »
Can I get on the character list, or is there a mandatory waiting period?
Probably not a Goat, either.