Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 676222 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« Reply #3090 on: June 25, 2007, 05:51:46 pm »
I like the villain, and I agree with making Jennifer the new administrator. I think we should transfer Sam's dealings with Richard over to Godwin so that things will go more smoothly.

Also, since nobody seems to have objected, how about you get cracking on that post, Yossi.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:55:38 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 25, 2007, 05:56:33 pm »
Getting on it now. Be patient. ;)
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3092 on: June 25, 2007, 06:01:02 pm »
Patience... yes yes... :P

So will this require Neo to delete his post and then repost it afterwards?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 25, 2007, 06:04:16 pm »
I feel this is more appropriate to before the merge, but a call can be made after my post is seen, if needed.
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 25, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
I'm not covillaining this arc any more. The character I had planned wouldn't fit as well as he would have beforehand.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:37 pm »
Alright, so I edited my post to make Vizian's powers more clear. Look good? And, Yoss, I guess you're right. So, I suppose his HQ could be in a relatively big city, like NYC or Los Angeles. Hm, maybe a big city in California, but I don't know much about Cali. Someone gimme a hand on that.

I was thinking that he could be installing a branch of Vizian Industries in Obano, though. That's why he could be there in the first place. So, should I just jump in soon?

And Darth, does Krakow's idea sound good to you? Vizian and Parks could be former colleagues/friends who split up for moral reasons or something like that.

Oh, and one more thing. What's up with these arcs? Are there set arcs with set stories? Are they all separate from each other, or do they all connect in some way or another? Other than the characters I mean...
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3096 on: June 25, 2007, 06:17:46 pm »
Arcs are like chapters.

We call them arcs after the term, story arc. A story arc has a general flow of steadily rising action which reached a climax and then drops off, this is how most stories are written. So think of an arc as a chapter, that all take place after the one before it and all contain the same characters, places, objects, etc. It is just an easy way to keep things organized.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 25, 2007, 06:18:50 pm »
Some arcs are unrelated to the others in terms of story, but most have story elements that carry over.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3098 on: June 25, 2007, 06:21:04 pm »
Ah okay, I read your power and it makes more sense now.

The reason I ask is because I want to judge how similar it is to my character's power. So far it seems to be used in the lab setting and not in the "life or death" setting that Richard tends to use.

You're good, you've got my approval.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 25, 2007, 06:24:16 pm »
Ah, I see. Should I just jump into the story now?

And that's good, PatMan. I tried to make it as different as possible without being too similar. I read yours first, and I thought that mine might be too close, but I liked my idea, and I didn't want to degrade myself to something like fire blasts...

oh, and how far back do you think I should read to understand what's going on?
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3100 on: June 25, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »
Well... I think the thing I wrote a few hours ago should be enough to get you going.

You don't need to know too too much for this arc because we are taking a break from the main story and doing a bit of a side story. We will have a villain that will only last for this one arc and then we will get back to the other story once we finish. Also during this arc some of the characters will be tying up loose ends before the final part of the story begins and there will be some other interesting things.

So for now, you don't need to know much more than what I wrote earlier, and by the time we get to the main part of the story you will probably have picked up everything you need to know.

So it works out well!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 25, 2007, 06:34:21 pm »
Alright, so I edited my post to make Vizian's powers more clear. Look good? And, Yoss, I guess you're right. So, I suppose his HQ could be in a relatively big city, like NYC or Los Angeles. Hm, maybe a big city in California, but I don't know much about Cali. Someone gimme a hand on that.

And Darth, does Krakow's idea sound good to you? Vizian and Parks could be former colleagues/friends who split up for moral reasons or something like that.

Dude, I Live in California. Some cities worth mention are Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, Hollywood, and San Diego.

And as for our characters knowing each other, sounds awesome! ;D I jump at any chance for further backstory.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3102 on: June 25, 2007, 06:37:28 pm »
Hey that's cool.

The two of you can get some coordinated posts going and the story should be pretty awesome! I can't wait!!!

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 25, 2007, 06:44:52 pm »
Ok, took some digging to check some facts and such, but it's done. I hope I didn't stray from Sam's personality too much, I don't like having to write for other characters.
Virus Buster.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:07 pm »
Ok, took some digging to check some facts and such, but it's done. I hope I didn't stray from Sam's personality too much, I don't like having to write for other characters.

It looks allright. It's too bad /lurk isn't posting as much anymore. I was rather fond of Sam Smith...

Oh, and before we officially get into the arc...

Is it allright if I keep Zak active? I've got some very special plans for him this Arc...