Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 676235 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« Reply #3075 on: June 24, 2007, 01:37:09 pm »
Ah, that helps. Thanks.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3076 on: June 25, 2007, 01:22:18 pm »
So you guys think that we should choose someone to play the part of Sam Smith to get this last section of the story moving?

We've given Lurk nearly five days to respond and he has chosen not to even pay this RP or any of it's topics a visit. Additionally, I sent him a PM today and did not receive a response.

I really don't think we should do this but at this time there is not much of a choice unless we want to leave this as a loose end. Anyway... I had though maybe to make things easy we could just let Yossi play both parts since we know he won't do anything crazy or off the wall. But you guys voice your opinions in the matter, do you think we can do anything to avoid this whole situation all together?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: June 25, 2007, 01:29:47 pm »
Well, if I end up doing that, I should be able to get all done in a single post and then pass Smith down to the holding area to administer Richard's punishment or whatever.

It might take a bit for me to get it all down and make sure I'm not straying too far from Smith's established personality, though.
Virus Buster.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: June 25, 2007, 02:52:08 pm »
So uh, before I go through the task of making a person for this, are there any restrictions I should know before I dig my claws into this? I really want to have some superhero action... and by things to know, I meant other than the things on page one, cause I read all them... I meant things that may have been added on page 152 or page 74 or something... >.>
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: June 25, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »
I don't think so. Just go ahead and post a short character bio here and we'll give you advice, if you need it.  :)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3080 on: June 25, 2007, 03:06:29 pm »
Indeed, we will approve your character or tell you what to change.

As for the major plot points, all you need to know is this: You are an agent working for the Obano Police Force (The OPF) and your job is to protect the continent of Obano from threats. Additionally, the OPF has just merged with another large organization, The Custodians. They follows the laws of Balance magic and try to keep the forces of Chaos magic (The Breakers) and the forces of Order magic (The Order) from becoming too powerful, this is all done behind the scenes.

Both the Breakers and the Order have just attacked the Custodians and weakened them so they are merging with the OPF in hopes that the two evil forces can be stopped. The OPF is a very science centric organization but they also use magics from all three schools.

Finally, Chaos and Order are not evil, plenty of people practice those schools of magic and are not evil or anything, but the two organizations that follow the schools are just very extreme.

That is all you need to know right now. If there are ANY more questions, please please please ask.

**EDIT**
Someone keeps telling me to add this so I will... it's nothing major.

The Order goes by a few names, here are some of them... there might be more if you make one up...

The Esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel
The Brotherhood
The Wheel
The Order
The Order of the Wheel
The Brotherhood of the Wheel

And pretty much any other combination of the words 'Order', 'Brotherhood', 'Wheel', and 'The'... have a blast. ::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:14:29 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 25, 2007, 03:26:32 pm »
And if you need a sample bio, here's the one for my NPC, Danny:

Name: Daniel (Danny) Fairday

Bio: Eh, I've got nothing for him. I'm leaving this open incase anyone wants to take him.

Super Powers:

Telepathy - Very low grade telepath. Can sense the thoughts of people when in physical contact with them.

Persuasion - With enough concentration, can influence weak-minded individuals.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: June 25, 2007, 03:32:43 pm »
Name: Rastus Vizian

Bio: Born into a well-off family, Rastus grew up to enjoy his surroundings, and to enjoy the money that was available to him. His family wasn't the richest that there was, but he had access to things that many other youth did not. Throughout his school days, Vizian was always on the top of his game when it came to Math and Science, and in High School, he was the pride and joy of his tech teachers. However, alongside with his studies, Rastus had a dear Uncle who had a small business where they would receive and sell parts for everything from computers to cars. Rastus would spend most of his time here, helping his Uncle as a worker. In exchange for his working in the warehouse, his Uncle would let him have many pieces that were unsold. This was what brought out Rastus' genius.

In the following years, as he went through high school, and even out of it, he began to build intricate contraptions, doing anything from calculating simple algebra problems to robots with artificial intelligence. He went to a top notch university for an engineering degree, in which he obtained a Ph.D. in much less than the required time. In only two years he had created amazing inventions that obtained him millions of dollars, which allowed him to start up his own company - Vizian Industries. Vizian developed everything - whatever they believed would get them money. Rastus hired the best scientists and engineers he could find, and allowed them to begin working under and alongside him, but he eventually allowed them to do most of the research. Vizian had a bigger plot in mind.

Becoming one of the top richest in the world, Vizian had time to finally undergo the thing that he had wanted to undergo the most - body enhancements. He had always felt that the human body was too weak to carry out certain functions. He had always looked at ants with awe - they could carry things multiple their own weights with ease. There were also fleas, who could jump monstrous heights, despite their small size. Then there were flying things, which humans could only recreate with things they sat in. He wanted to do these things without having to get into something, or use a full-out machine.

First, Vizian underwent extensive studies with his top two scientists on how to enhance his bone structure. Human bones were too frail - they broke too easily. He found a solution to his problem, but it would be too rough on his weak human body. So, he underwent the biggest study that he had. An alteration to his DNA. While Vizian had spent most of his life working on building things, his knowledge was not only restricted to that. It was clear that his mind was much more powerful than the average human, as he began discovering things about the human mind and DNA that no other scientist would have dreamed. He kept his discoveries secret, however, under lock and key.  The gene that he developed was experimental, and he was not sure if it were safe or not. He tested it on a dog, and after the dog survived the initial alteration, it showed great enhancements - it was able to carry large weights, it could run excessive speeds, and it began to show traces of being able to hover. It died after three months, but Vizian could not figure out why.

He eventually determined that the gene tried to do too much. It tried to make the being perfect in every shape and form. Another year of study, and Vizian had come up with a series of genes. Each were as powerful as another, but they each did something different. One increased strength - one gave the ability of flight - one gave amazing healing abilities. He tested them again, on a dog. He used one, and saw that the dog survived perfectly for six months. He tried another dog - using two genes. It survived just as long. Both dogs showed no signs of dying, but Vizian was not satisfied. Vizian is still working on these genes - which he hopes to someday use on himself, bringing himself to the peak of perfection.

Super Power: Amazing intellect, although it is mostly in the form of numbers and science. With this power, he has been able to invent many inventions that he uses to protect himself from the baddies. His mind works at a much faster pace than others when it comes to how something might work or how something might grow. His mind is also very good at remembering things, as well as seeing how things will work before even actually testing them.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:04:59 pm by The Rut Nut »

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 25, 2007, 03:34:30 pm »
Ehhh, I hope that's alright. I hope I'm not creating too much. :\

I was thinking about him just making a suit that would give him super-like powers, but then Iron Man came to mind... so I changed it..

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: June 25, 2007, 03:41:40 pm »
Lookin good ;D

I'm writing up the bio for the new villan. I have everything done, except the name... :(

Anyone want to have a naming contest?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: June 25, 2007, 03:45:15 pm »
Interesting character. Gene manipulation is something we haven't seen yet.

Oh, by the way, where's the headquarters for your industry? Obano probably wouldn't be a good choice, considering it's still fairly young.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3086 on: June 25, 2007, 03:46:17 pm »
Haha... names...

Try this.

As for your character, Nut, I like him. He is a bit like my character, Richard, but still very different, so it works out. Describe his power in more detail for me though.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 25, 2007, 04:54:39 pm »
I present the main villan for Arc 8!

Name: Dr. Morgan Parks

Bio: Dr. Parks was once one of the most respected scientists in his field for his work developing a faster and more efficient way of decoding a genome. However, he was unsatisfied and wanted to also find a way to determine the function of the genes. After years of inventing, he created a machine that could do just that. Unfortunately, the subject being decoded died within 24 hours. This did not stop him, and he went on to decode the DNA of several hundered species of plants and animals, storing the massive amount of information on a hidden server, only acsessable by himself. He also improved the machine, now only needing a sample of blood to decode.

Now having a vast database of genetic information he began a series of questionable experiments. While "enhancing" animals while in an embryonic stage worked for most of his tests, he longed to find a way to alter the DNA in every cell of the animal. He attempted using a virus, among other things, but only succeded in giving his subjects a different genetic fingerprint. The problem, he realised, was that even though the genes had changed, the cells did not, as they had allready formed and only used the altered code when dividing. Mentally exhausted and frustrated, he took a vacation to clear his mind.

For what was later blamed on stress-based insanity, he kidnapped a young boy and held him hostage for a week before the police were able to locate him. He was dragged out of the lab, ranting about being on the edge of a breakthrough, and placed in prison. The boy was returned to his family, but not without both mental and physical scarring...

Dr. Parks excaped prison four years later, vowing to show the world the power of what he had discovered, starting with Obano. Dodging law enforcement at every turn, he collected his equipment, raided an embryo bank, and headed for the new continent to begin the creation of his army while he perfected his solution...

Super Powers:

Genetic Knowlage - Able to bio-engineer something for just about any occasion. Currently only able to alter embryoes, but that will change soon enough...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 25, 2007, 05:26:05 pm »
I think the fact that both the new characters work in the same field could be very useful indeed.

They could be former collegues, or even former friends.

Oh, incidentally, does anyone mind if Jennifer Godwin is the current elected representative to the OPF/Custodian triumverate thingummy? It makes things easier if I feel like introducing a new character and I need her out of the way.  :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:29:44 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 25, 2007, 05:43:24 pm »
Go ahead and make her the elected one, makes sense since she's worked for them both at one time or another.  Delta is Head of Operations, and therefore the final member of the triumvirate.

Like the villain Grievi, is Krakow still co-villaining?
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.