Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 500461 times)

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superhero RP OOC
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 10:06:44 pm »
The Dark Stranger watched as his helicopter neared one of the continents many forests

Well, it looks like whatever we do geography wise, the Island is going to need several well differentiated forests. Hmm, I think I like that idea.

Also, I like your Char's Mind Powers Neoadept. I always though that my char's powers have something to do with his psychie (though it beats me what that is right now). You Char can help him explore that and can lead to some interesting confrontations (remember that my char is still moraly good if misguided and untrusting).

P.S. I named Derrick after a friend of mine, and now he's threatening me with bodily harm if his char doesn't come back as a zombie cyborg. :P :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:17:49 pm by Fade2gray »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 10:17:38 pm »
Well, with story changing, I know that my character is working towards joinging the force, slowly. As for his recent history, the group that raided the lab is unknown and is I'm ok with having them be some evil group that doesn't technically exist yet, due to them fleeing quickly and unseen, presumeably wanting the blue prints for the implants. And his colleagues' bodies being taken could be a different (possibly necromantic?) group. That's a possible two areas to be filled at others' disgression.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what else I can do to fit in better, I'm open for ideas though.
Virus Buster.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 10:20:45 pm »
NecroScientists! Corny yes, but cool. Add that to my friend's request and we have a weird stroyline and me still physicaly able to write!

Anyways, I want your guys oppinon. Should Yuki still be alive? I ain't even got a clue who's got her, if anyone, so if any of you have a nefarious group you want me to introduce I'm all ears.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what else I can do to fit in better, I'm open for ideas though.

My advice would be to get your Char onto Obano sometime soon. Perhapse put him of that ship (the golden whatsit?). There are a lot of chars head that way and it hasn't left yet. Now would be a perfect time to get him on board so that he can start building relationships with the others. Easy way to get wraped up in some sort of plotline, where ever that ones headed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:42:44 pm by Fade2gray »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 05:54:10 am »
I think Yuki should still be alive.  With Basils focus power Stranger is going to have a hard time affecting him, so that means they won't have more than one or two straight forward confrontations.  But if Stranger can get ahead after thier first encounter and get to where ever the gang is holding Yuki before Basil we can have something interesting due to Yukis presense and danger breaking his focus.  Besides, there's nothing like a hostage situation for a heros defining moment.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 07:00:00 am »

Please note Obano is a country and a continent.

Obano was made by disrupting undersea volcanoes causing them to erupt superfast, taking three years to fully form and have trees planted and land conqured, and of course, cities founded.

Obano was created because of the 2015 agreement founded in 2003, that we shoudl overcome our problems by 2003.

Credits are a small bit larger than dollars.

Paper and coins are still used, but people usually have a small ring, bracelet or necklace which they can swipe by scanners on machines and the money comes direct from their account."Physical" money is about as common as you would consider a silver dollar.

It's only ten years, NO hovercars or the like.

Yes, Hawaii is there, it was too close to Obano when it was being made and was destroyed, they compensated by putting it on Obano.

Note the fact, Obano is a continent, NOT just a normal island, it's very large, like Australia, therefore the cities and the villages are pretty big.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 07:16:21 am »
It's only ten years, NO hovercars or the like.

What about mahussive fusion powered boats?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 07:27:07 am »
Ah, now that's a good start on this. Too bad for any people living on Hawaii at the time. :-X Oh, and I suppose we should be under the impression that people still use standard fuel burning cars even on Obano? So far, I've only called them "vehicles" for the sake of not putting any type of vehicle in particular on the roads.

@Fade2gray: I've mentioned it on the previous page of this thread, and in a not-so-direct way in the game itself, that Mantar Yasipolitz is on the continent. My exact wording on the previous page was
My character is on Obano definetly, but in an unamed city in an unknown place on the continent.

And in the game, my character went to report the incident in the lab to the local Obano Protection Force department, and even has an application to join the force.
Virus Buster.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 07:48:33 am »
I should say people do, or else cycle or use trains. Mainly the latter though. And there are no real roads.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 09:25:04 am »
I should say people do, or else cycle or use trains. Mainly the latter though. And there are no real roads.

Hopefully dirt road through the jungles/forests don't count :-\

@Neoadept (sorry said the wrong name :-[ ;))
While I'm still not sure about Yuki's fate, I do know that non of the gangs have her. Instead I was thinking that one of the gang leaders would be give him the information he would need to find her (i.e. whoever’s been kill people on and near their teritory). I was thinking the Stranger could reach the gang first and offer to "acquire" the information for him. Shrug. Haven't checked the RP board yet so don't know what you/he are doing.
 Oh and A.W. I was thinking about introducing a group using an illegal science called NecroChemistry, but seeing as how this is your world and "zombie" like creature are a bit outlandish I wanted you go ahead first. I think I know how to make it work in the framework of this world while still being tasteful.

P.S. Thanks A.W. for the clarification. It really helpful!

P.P.S. Sorry if you're waiting for me Neo, I'm not going to be able to get anoth post up until after I get back from my classes in about 4 or 5 hours.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 09:30:17 am by Fade2gray »

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 09:41:54 am »
You're fine. Go ahead with those scientist people. And dirt roads don't really classify as "real" roads. :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 12:39:21 pm »
Oh! Haha! I thought it was 2050! Not 2015! :D

However... I think that if we have reached the point where terraforming is a viable option that there would be some fairly high tech things... you know, miniatureized nuclear powered devices and stuff like that...

Tell me what you want me to remove. Also please feel free to critique me.

Also I will edit my line about paper! :D

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 12:44:12 pm »
Yep, since terraforming is a big thing, you can guess other things exist that we don't have. Just remember, you'll only be 10 years older than now....

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:42 pm »
Yeah... actually I don't know what happened...

My guy's age is how old I will be in 2015... I just got my mix all talked up! :D

Anyway, I am not changing any of the technologies I have. The batteries are just a high yeild military battery and they just don't sell to minors. The retinal enhancers I got are commonplace... heck other characters have them! Carbon Oil... just ignore it. Super Glue... what would we do without it?

As for the engine powering the ship... let's not forget that Obano is a project taken on by the world and that the best of everything went into it. The Golden Heron can be a international project with the best of everything. The engine is not public information, it is classified. That's why there is a DNA scanner. So you can't go and trick it too easily!

Also, the Power Core that I got, I am unsure what to do with it. I may use it to finish my weapon. Or maybe someone can steal it or I just put it in something.

Anyway, that's all!

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 12:56:11 pm »
It's all good. You can stretch it a little.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 01:20:44 pm »
Wonderful!

*Builds an army of clones that fire suicide lollipops*