Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 500474 times)

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Superhero RP OOC
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 06:08:24 pm »
RE to Fade2gray (and attention to others): The state of the world seems a bit debateable at the moment, such as my character got papers to fill out from the OPF department, while PatMan33's character claimed paper was not used anymore.
Virus Buster.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 07:04:42 pm »
We probably should come to a few agreements about what the world, Obano in particular, is like before continuing. No offense to Patman but his tech is bit extream considering this is only ten years in the futer.
Geography in particular could help me. My char is stuck in the middle of the island/continent but I want him to get in a position to interact with the other chars. that means Im going to have to move him through many areas that other chars may have to interact with later on.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 07:16:52 pm »
Yes, we really need some confirmed stuff. My character is on Obano definetly, but in an unamed city in an unknown place on the continent.

Let's look at paper for a second, I don't see paper going away as a medium any time soon, but if in the world of Obano we don't chop down trees anymore, we could say paper recylcling has become extremely prominent or something and as such, paper is still around.
Virus Buster.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 07:25:12 pm »
i dunno how much this will help, as i'm sure there are conflicting opinions, but after the little bit of story we've written so far, this is (generally, not specifically of course) how i see obano:

as far as the last dot in the middle of the island, i dont know where that came from, I just sort of pictured it  :D all the tech and stuff is probably just underground, but i figured i'd include it...
what do you guys think? a layout something like this, perhaps?
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 07:30:18 pm »
Interesting, I was imaginging almost the same shape, except rotated 90 degress counter-clockwise. If we can gree on a shape, size and city locations, I think we've had accomplished a lot in the "back-story/set-up" for this game.
Virus Buster.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33:22 pm »
Yah, that’s kind of what I've been imaging too. Though in my mind it was a fair bit larger and slightly more sparsely populated (or at least more spread out). I also, for some reason, imagined the island/continent shaped something akin to India or Greenland.

I know this may a bit heady, but agreeing on what the political/social situation is like befor Oprahghost's char arives would help too.

Edit:moved line to new post
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 07:52:47 pm by Fade2gray »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 07:46:33 pm »
glad we all appear to be on the same page (more or less) :) i think we all pictured the same island since its such a generic continent shape  :D :P

Quote from: yossitaru
Interesting, I was imaginging almost the same shape, except rotated 90 degress counter-clockwise.

we're just looking at the island from different directions  :P

Yah, that’s kind of what I've been imaging too. Though in my mind it was a fair bit larger and slightly more sparsely populated (or at least more spread out). I also for, some reason, imagined the island/continent shaped something akin to India or Greenland.

I know this may a bit heady, but agreeing on what the political/social situation is like befor Oprahghost's char arives would help too.

yea...i picture the cities and stuff samller and farther apart too, but this was just a quick picture, and I drew the island too small...we can decide the locations and size of actul cities and towns later anyway...
and knowing the political/social atmopshere of the island would definately make things less confusing...

and the other big thing i was wondering was that, if obano was artificially created, is it actually connected to the sea floor in any way? or does it just float/hover/etc?

ahh well...perhaps alwayswatching will be able to shed some light on these matters :)
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 07:51:59 pm »
I think the island needs a little more diversity too. Perhapse a few montains (or an entire chain), and maybe even an arid area to the south if it touches the equaitor.
How far should we take this? Should the environments seem more naturaly created by the elements or artificialy created and placed in planed orderly places?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:59:23 pm »
all so do they even use power lines any more becuse my guy uses them an awful lot.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 08:02:35 pm »
I think the island needs a little more diversity too. Perhapse a few montains (or an entire chain), and maybe even an arid area to the south if it touches the equaitor.
How far should we take this? Should the environments seem more naturaly created by the elements or artificialy created and placed in planed orderly places?

hah! i totally pictured that headquarters place to be on/be surrounded by a mountain/s...its like we're sharing a brain  :P
as for artificial vs. nature...i personally dont think it would be too diverse...but again, we can discuss it among everyone

and shadow, i would assume that there would be a decent amount of power lines, at least in more populated areas...
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 08:04:33 pm »
It's tough to say what should and should not exist on the island (aside from the rainforests and towns), since we don't know which people called for it to exist. But if it's labeled as "mankind's greatest treasure" there should be a bit of everything. Mountains, rivers, forest, etc.

As for the power line's part, it's still fairly recently future, but they could have underground power lines. And even then, finding a place equiped with power, and thus a source somewhere nearby, shouldn't be hard to locate in the towns/cities. In the middle of the forest, it might be a bit harder, but that would depend on how the island works (i.e. the artificial land is like real land, or it floats or whatever.)
Virus Buster.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 08:11:46 pm »
Personaly, I think the island should float. The pacific floor is prety darn deep. Why in the world would you want to try to bring that all the way up from the bottom of the sea? Also, image the shear volume of water the would be displaced in the proces! Goodby modern coastline!

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »
Name:  The Dark Stranger

Bio:  The Dark Stranger is exactly that, a stranger, even to himself.  He cannot remember his past to more than a few decades, and he doesn't seem to have aged in that time.  His best guesse is that he is either an expiriment of some kind, or perhaps the sumation of the worlds ill will, but could just be a unique individual.  He has always had strong feelings on what he should do, the first of which is to cause as much chaos as he can without being noticed, but since Obano was created he has cared less and less about secrecy.  He is evil, but he keeps a genuinly cheerfull outlook in his day to day life and his meetings with others, whether they are heros or villains.  His moto is "I know that I'm trying to end civilisation, but that doesn't mean I can't be nice about it."

Super Power:  "Ghosting":  He has the ability to pass between the physical world and what he calls "think space."  Think space depends on perceptions more than anything else, for instance everyone believes in gravity even if they don't understand it, and everyone thinks that you can't move through the ground without digging, so he can't fly or sink underground in think space.  On the other hand, most doors are considered entrances or exits, so he can pass through a closed door without much resistance.  Think space also contains the most primal portions of peoples minds, like emotions, so while he can't control people directly he can sense and manipulate exposed emotions, if your angry he can make you angry at what he wants and increase that anger.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:37:56 pm by neoadept »
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 09:57:20 pm »
I might add one more "chapter" to my char tomorrow, but I'm getting hesitant to add too much until some of our questions are settled. I suppose I could add some more character building stuff like I've been doing, but I've got to imagine that that’s getting old with the rest of you.

Speaking of character building maybe we can start critiquing each other’s characters and stories so far. Get an idea for where we're all going so that we can adjust our own work to fit into each other’s plotlines a bit. Some of the Chars fit together rather well while others, like Yossitaru's and mine, may need to find ways to differentiate at bit.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:03:00 pm by Fade2gray »

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 10:00:54 pm »
mine as well i think he may be the only true super person we have per say.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.