Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 414884 times)

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • Big style.
    • View Profile
The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« on: October 16, 2006, 04:53:35 pm »
Well, you get the picture.

I am gonna have some info up on the Obano policing force made up soon.

I'm gonna be Truth, a superhero who can fly, cling to walls, shoot red and grey energy out his hands, and read peoples minds. Oh and hes really agile and fast.

P.S: Is it possible for a charecter to have an evil opposite, or turns evil for a bit or something like that?

1 character per person, if you want that you have to have another to agree to play it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:03:05 am by Alwayswatching »

I'll kiss anything that moves.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: The NEW Superhero RP OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 05:38:17 pm »
I'm totally in on this.

My guy will not be a superhero per se...

Name: Richard B. Likely

Bio: Richard B. Likely was born in a small town in the United States. He spent most of his time building contraptions and after sending the dining room table into the neighbor's house, was sent off to a trade school to hone his "skills". After many years learning the ways of machinery Richard found his way to Portland, Oregon where he found work as head engineer maintaining the flagship of the Obano Travel Corporation, the Golden Heron. Work on the Heron has exposed Richard to some of the most intricate and powerful systems in the world and his knowledge is unmatched. Too bad nobody really knows about him. The Heron is considered the most luxurious way to travel to Obano and only the super wealthy board the ship.

In his spare time (There is a lot since he is just so darn good at his job) Richard spends time in his quarters constructing things and experimenting. He has the whole lower level of the ship to himself and his workers and there are plenty of places where he can disappear to in order to further his work. His pride and joy is what he calls the "Resonance Inhibitor". This device is a pair of gloves that are attached to a mid-sized backpack and when calibrated properly, cause massive resonation to take place within the target. It is enough to take down most walls and materials and can kill a person, however Richard does not see his invention as a weapon.

Aside from his regular work, Richard has a small clientčle that bring him things to "modify". He has seen much of the world and is back and forth between Portland and Obano regularly. He finds the whole concept of Obano fascinating and has had the honor of seeing the terraforming machines that made the continent at work. One day he hopes to improve upon their design and maybe even find a mechanical solution to the global warming problem.

Super Power: Evaluate. This power is the product of Richard's years spent working with machines and the like. He has the uncanny ability to diagnose a situation and figure out what has to be done to get out of said situation. Think Macgyver.

How is that? Tell me if anything is wrong.

Once I get your "okay" I will start.

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Big style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 05:42:11 pm »
Great! Everyone else who wants to join post in this thread and use a format similiar to Pats, you can then start immediately.

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 05:50:01 pm »
Name: Arthur Fab

Bio: Arthur Fab is undoubtedly the world's greatest secret agent. Years of training and such have left him with the skill to kill anyone with anything and always come up with a pithy remark afterwards. Although he can employ stealth, he prefers the more direct approach of shooting people with big guns and driving around in his latest super-car. He also has at his disposal a series of gadgets of varying effectiveness.

Super Powers:

Super-mental discombobulation: A minor psychic field generated by Fab causes any villains who may have captured him to reveal to him their plan in its entirety, and then leave him to die in a very elaborate but very slow manner from which he can surely escape.

Super-Not being hit by bullets: Although this may not in fact be a superhuman ability, Fab is almost never hit in a large and extravagent firefight. Any shots which do connect are always to non-vital areas, or those padded with tea-trays or bibles.

Super-Toxin-tolerance: Fab can drink endless cocktails and smoke endless cigarettes without suffering the ill effects of cirrosis or lung or heart disease.

Super Sexativity: Despite clearly being a smarmy jerk, Fab is incredibly attractive to all women and most men.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline operaghost21

• Little Computer Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:47:49 pm »
okay, guess i'll elaborate here...

Name: Dr. Julius Sutherford
<--(since I know you all love it) :P

Bio: As a boy, Sutherford was raised in Indiana by his hippie parents. Being a genius, he craved knowledge, which was not to delivered to him by his hippie parents' hippie home-schooling. He longed for the day when he could escape to a real school. After discovering at an early age his psycic powers, he honed his skills until, on his 15th birthday, he calmly looked at his parents...and made their heads explode.
Put into foster care, and finally able to live like a normal boy, Sutherford quickly made his way through high school, and attended a remote, ivy-league college. After 20 or so years, he had earned a doctorate in all of the major sciences and mathematics. It was at this time that he perfected many of his psycic skills.
After becoming rich, and deciding that the rest of humanity was undeserving of his power, he became a recluse, buying a large mansion in eastern Europe. After brainwashing numerous inhabitants, he converted the mansion into a gigantic, underground base of operations. This included a state-of-the-art laboratory, where he invents and experiments with new weapons, bio-weapons, and other technologies. Apart from his inventions, he spends the rest of his time covertly stealing money from European countries, and taking part in other shady operations, to provide ever-more funding for his work.
He hopes to one day take over the world, using his numerous creations, and become the Earth's Supreme Leader (leading from a secret moon base, of course).

Super Powers: After years of training, practicing, and experimenting with his psycic powers, Sutherford has learned numerous techniques. These include, among other things: making one's head explode by looking at them; mind control of the weak, and general telepathic communication.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:53:07 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline shadowlord18

• Arkanoid Vaus
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:14 pm »
Name:sabin sabastian

Bio: one hew people with a true super power. he is able to trun his whole body in to pure elictirisity. he quite ofen surfs the power cables to his victims home and deals them death.

super powers.

transmroming in to a lighting golem. botlt of lighting that shoot his body. he can become totaly engery nut it takes longer to do.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Yossitaru

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
I'll get in on this. ;D

Name: Mantar Yasipolitz

Bio: During his youth, Mantar Yasipolitz was just like all of his peers. As he grow, he became interested in biomechanics, specificly bionic implants. However, his parents were concerned about his physical well-being, as he would always spend his free time reading books that are usually far over the head of most children. His parents had him join an archery class. Over time, he also became interested in archery, and he saught to try to combine his two interests.

Several years later, after graduating from college, Mantar had perfected a sighting device to aid in his archery. With the success of his first project, he joined an experimental bionics team. With the help of the other members, they were able to make functioning muscle accelerators. These devices alowed the user to go beyond normal human physical abilities with few adverse health affects. Mantar also stepped up to volunteer to be the first person to be implanted with the accelerators. The implant process went without a hitch and Mantar found himself abilities beyond he ever imagined.

Soon after the procedure, the lab was raided by a group of people from an unknown organization. Mantar ran to get his bow and arrows from a back room to fend off the assailants. However, it was too late, his colleagues were dead and the people were gone. From that day, he vowed to use his implants and archery to help protect other innocents and perhaps one day avenge his frends' deaths.

Abilities/Super Powers:

High-precision Archery - Thanks to the sighting device that was connected directly to his brain, he is able to shoot his arrows extremely accurately.

Advanced Strength - With the muscle accelerators implanted in his arms and legs, he is able to run faster than a standard human, jump higher than a standard human. His arms are also stronger than an average human.

Mechanical Knowledge - Due to his training and experience with biomechanics, he is able to repair and possibly make simple mechanical devices.

Image available on request, since Photobucket doesn't like me and small images. This is pretty much my character taken straight from City of Heroes, and I might as well try to do something with him since I don't play the game since the trial expired. I can also explain his "powers" more if needed, since they are a bit vague now and I'm not sure how to explain them better.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:59:41 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Fade2gray

• Venture Conqueror
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 12:28:00 am »
Name: Basil McLaren

Basil McLaren was born in New Hope city in Turkey. The city had been established as in inviting community for the wave of European, and even some American, business men who flooded into the country once it had joined the EU. Basil’s father had been one such man. His mother was an Arab woman his father had fallen in love with shortly after moving to the country. Basil was their first and only child. His mother had died from a strain of super-flu that swept through the much of the world in Basil’s early years, and his father had died during a mugging on Basil’s graduation day leaving him nothing but a bloody hand gun and a mountain of debts.
   As soon as Basil had set all of his father’s finances aright he left new hope and became a drifter. He did odd jobs wherever he could find them, often under the table. He often became the target of scammers offering “sound” advice or a steady income. Eventually he settled down in town outside Shanghia and became romantic with a beautiful young woman there. He had been working for a man there who he learned too late was an underling in a local crime syndicate. The man had framed him when some money had turned up “missing.” Several syndicate thugs cornered him one night at his place when his woman was with him. They shot her before he could do anything about it, his gun buried away in a dresser. He only survived by throwing several chopsticks that had been laying on the floor directly into both gunmen’s eyes. This hadn’t been the first time he had shown amazing hand-eye coordination, but it was the first time it saved his life. But it didn’t save his lover’s. Basil’s gun almost never left his side again.
   Basil found his way onto Obano as a paid “stow away” on a commercial fishing boat the made frequent runs near the island. Basil had decided that it would be the perfect place to get away from the life he had lived elsewhere. A place where he could be alone…

Powers:
Extreme Coordination: Basil has extremely adept hand-eye coordination; he could thread a needle through another needle from fifty feet back. In fact, this extreme coordination extends to nearly every part of his body. (This isn’t the guy you want to play hacky-sack against)

Superior Eye Sight: Basil couldn’t thread that needle from fifty feet if he couldn’t see it.

Extreme mental focus: Perhaps the main reason for his other skills, Basil has the ability to show complete calm and total focus in any situation. He can clear his mind totally of all thought and intrusion to become truly one with any action he is taking. The object in his hand, his body, and his mind are all one and the same to him when he becomes focused.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:01:41 am by Fade2gray »

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Big style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 12:32:16 pm »
In case you havn't noticed, my character is shrouded in mystery. I am not going to post his profile until it is clear where he has come from, and who he is.

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
Name:sabin sabastian

Bio: one hew people with a true super power. he is able to trun his whole body in to pure elictirisity. he quite ofen surfs the power cables to his victims home and deals them death.

super powers.

transmroming in to a lighting golem. botlt of lighting that shoot his body. he can become totaly engery nut it takes longer to do.

Asian is a profession now?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Big style.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 12:39:07 pm »
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.....

Offline The Tormentor

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • VOTE WDP
    • View Profile
    • S.S Retribution
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 01:10:09 pm »
Name: Truth

Alignment: Good

Bio: I'll fill this in later.  :P :P :P
Vote WDP in the Election!!! Unity!!!<br /><br />

Offline Fade2gray

• Venture Conqueror
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 06:09:11 pm »
So, am I safe in assuming that while Obano's coastal areas would be developed, its jungle/rain forest interior would be less developed and more of a frontier like situation?

Offline shadowlord18

• Arkanoid Vaus
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 08:51:33 pm »
no an assian. you know somw one that kills for cash.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline operaghost21

• Little Computer Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:03 pm »
no an assian. you know somw one that kills for cash.

you forgot an ass  :-*
assassin  :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]