Author Topic: The NEW Superpower RP OOC  (Read 500953 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The NEW Superpower RP OOC
« Reply #7140 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:51 am »
Awesomeness.  :)

Just wanted to drop by and say that this has been the greatest collaboration of artistic talent in the history of this site!  8) :)

Well, next to the Gamingsteve Spore Fanfiction Saga, of course. Though, that's a bit of an unfair comparison since they practically possess an entire forum's worth of artistic media.

Besides, this is the SPRP's time to shine!  ; )

Cheers!  8) :)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: June 02, 2010, 06:12:05 am »
Right then.  I give you my first and last piece of lore for our Superpower RP.  A little bit of an epilouge if you will.

Happy New Year

His calm eyes slowly panned across the vast city before him as he sat upon the balcony of his penthouse appartment.  Neros had grown quite a bit over the years.  He had as well, in more ways than one.  Obano had changed quickly after that grand event all those years ago, and he had no choice but to change with it.  But still, he had managed in this new world that had been built up around him.  It was easy enough to make his way as his powers grew with him.  With time, the mercanary work and odd jobs gave way to more domestic jobs.  Repairs, constuction, the like.  With time those stopped as well as he really came to terms with what he had to work with.  Famine had been right on the money all those years ago he thought as he produced a champaigne glass out from thin air.  After all, when you get right down to it, all matter is really made up of the same base elements, and with a little planning, it was trivial to take said elements and reform them into whatever you wanted.  It was with this technique that he was able to find himself in the position he was now.  He wasn't certain, but he was fairly sure that he had managed to half the value of gold worldwide with the way he had flooded the market.

He hadn't heard from any members of the Ravens since that day.  Sure, he kept tabs on them, as he was certain they did him once the found out he was still around, but they had all kept to themselves.  There were conversations there he didn't want to have, especially not after how much time had passed.  History that didn't need unearthing.  He was certain he'd end up meeting one of them at one point or another, most likley Clay, but until then he was fine with the status quo.

It had been a damn long time since then though.  Therein was part of the reason that he didn't go back, despite the occasional urge to get back into the game.  There was no shortage of work after all, even in this new golden age.  It was still Obano after all, but all the weirdness that had made this place what it was was much quieter than it once was.  It had simply been to long since he had last been in the field.  It had nothing to do with his physical capabilities, which were better than they had ever been ever since he had learned to use his power to improve his body and undo the effects of aging, but it was just not a world he wanted to get back into, at least not for the time being.

He was pulled from his train of thought as countless voices around the city began a countdown.  Down by the OEI headquarters was a plaza filled with citizens who had come out for the occasion, a large banner proudly proclaiming "NEW YEAR 2200" hanging above their heads.  As the countdown reached its end, a slew of fireworks lit the sky as he stood and began to head back inside.

What was the phrase used to describe him back then?  "A punk kid who lucked into a really big gun he barely knows how to use."  Perhaps he was.  Perhaps he didn't know what he was doing and was simply a trigger happy kid.  But it'd been a long century, and he still had a long time to practice.  "Happy New Year Obano." Marty said as he turned and raised his glass to the city he called home.  "And many more."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7142 on: June 02, 2010, 10:08:56 am »
Fantastic! I put it into the Lore section under a new heading "Post-RP Lore". If you ever feel inspired to write any, go for it.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:31 am »
I think I've gotten quote for all of my important characters. I'll add more as more characters develop! And if you have any other suggestions send them my way.

"Why... am I to believe anything you say?"
-Agent One

"Today marks the end of your pain, give me your allegiance and I will give you the world."
-Bernardo Likely

"Nice try, now you die."
-Happy Vales

"You're asking the wrong question, what you should be asking is why you're so afraid to make an ass of yourself like I do."
-John O'Malley

"When the hell did you become so wise? I thought I was the wise one..."
-Lawrence Davidson

"I would much rather see you dead to remove any risk."
-Pascal

"You will just have to trust me, there's more to it than you know."
-Richard B. Likely

"My job comes first, personal feelings second; surely you can understand this."
-Theodore Century

"What? Like you haven't ever gotten in trouble with the OEI before?"
-Vincent Likely

I thought that maybe we could gather the quotes and either put them into our character bios or make a "quote post" and then maybe link that post to the part of the Information Station where it says "PatMan's characters" or "Yossitaru's characters".

So.  I was just flipping through old Information station stuff when I stumbled on this.  Who else is up for compiling a list of memorable quotes from this arc?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7144 on: June 02, 2010, 11:12:34 am »
Yes. A billion times yes.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: June 02, 2010, 11:15:42 am »
There's one in particular that I've always loved and have felt was pretty summative of Marty's personality.

"That went well.  Sure our objectives were hazy and I can't really be sure if we accomplished anything or not, but we had a hand in the destruction of something important, and that's good enough for me."
-Marty Karrel

I'll see what else I can dig up as well.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:34 pm »
You know, I'm not usually one to double post, but...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7147 on: June 05, 2010, 10:59:00 pm »
YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Marty swoops in and wins the ****ing game! WOOO!

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: June 05, 2010, 10:59:24 pm »
I'm glad you like it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7149 on: June 05, 2010, 11:02:49 pm »
I'm gonna go look up quotes now! I have the inspiration. :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #7150 on: June 05, 2010, 11:42:28 pm »
Wow, just wow...  O :

I've always imagined him to look like Pope John Paul II or Pope Benedict XVI. Still, that is one awesome fan art. 8)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7151 on: June 06, 2010, 12:46:07 am »
"Why... am I to believe anything you say?"
-Agent One

""Excellent! Marvelous! Perfect! You are... almost perfect!"
-Bernardo Likely

"We don't take prisoners!"
-Delilah Wilder

"I wouldn't miss this dog and pony show for the world."
-Diandra Acevedo

"..."
-Flavian Brady

"People are worried so you've gotta do what you can."
-Fulton Xun

"He's not a bad guy... he's just different, like all of us."
-Geoffrey Brady

"Talk less..."
-Gerald McPherson

"Nice try, now you die."
-Happy Vales

"Your noble sacrifice for The Nation of Obano will go down in history. I've taken the liberty of releasing your vessel's chemical weapon reserves just in case any of you soon-to-be-martyrs get cold feet. Godspeed to you all!"
-Jeanette Beaupre

"You're asking the wrong question. What you should be asking is why you're so afraid to make an ass of yourself like I do."
-John O'Malley

"I've been around too long to not know the important details."
-Jonas Brady

"When the hell did you become so wise? I thought I was the wise one..."
-Lawrence Davidson

"I would much rather see you dead to remove any risk."
-Pascal

" Who knows what would happen if the other systems go? Well actually... I do, but that isn't the point."
-POLI

"This is the real world, not some comic book."
-Polly McPherson

"Do you like what you see?"
-Remus

"You will just have to trust me, there's more to it than you know."
-Richard B. Likely

"My job comes first, personal feelings second; surely you can understand this."
-Theodore Century

"Don't worry, I'll have you on the right track in just a moment!"
-TR Century

"I hope everything went well. We're still here, right?"
-Vincent Likely

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7152 on: June 06, 2010, 12:56:17 am »
Whoa... here's some weird stuff. These are basically all of my major characters from start to finish, right? The breakdown is as follows:

-21 characters
-7 were "good"
-7 were "neutral"
-7 were "evil"

I think that's neat. :D

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: June 06, 2010, 05:32:22 am »
7 - 7 - 7

JACKPOT!!! DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

*Quarters cascade into pat's lap*
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7154 on: March 04, 2015, 03:24:08 pm »
Marvel Studios developed specific business practices to create its shared universe. For example, when the studio hired Kenneth Branagh and Joe Johnston to direct Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, respectively, it made sure both directors were open to the idea of a shared universe, and that they would have to include Avengers set-up scenes in their films.[5] Joe Russo, one of the directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier added, "That's the exciting component of [incorporating references to the larger universe]. 'What can we set up for the future?' You're constantly pitching out ideas that not only affect your movie, but may have a ripple effect that affects other films... It's a weird sort of tapestry of writers and directors working together to create this universe that's sort of organic."[17] Joe's brother and co-director, Anthony, added, that in order for directors to "fit" in at Marvel, they must "understand how [to] take a larger story and wrangle in [sic] into a moment, yet keep [it] connected."[17] On allowing directors and writers to work within Marvel's shared universe concept, Joe Russo said, "I think the way Kevin [Feige] does it is there are big pieces that he knows he wants to build towards, but the way that you get there is open to interpretation and improv a little bit. That’s defined by who gets involved with the project, the writers and directors involved in the project." For the Russos in The Winter Soldier, they had to deal with the idea of S.H.I.E.L.D. being infiltrated by Hydra and thus subsequently falling, with Joe saying, "how we get there is all up to us. And I think why Marvel has been so successful is because it’s been such a clear plan, that everything is interconnected and they’re building emotional capital with each movie that you can then trade off of in the next film."

They're doing the same thing. :D