Author Topic: PathLosers D&D 3.75 Twitch Show  (Read 380 times)

Offline dndfreak

• Super Mario Bro.
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
PathLosers D&D 3.75 Twitch Show
« on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:58 am »
PathLosers

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQgtBPG_awo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQgtBPG_awo</a>

Since Kaizer thought he'd come on down for a bit of nostalgia as well as some shameless promotion, I figured I might as well make a whole thread here and do things right. Caution: Show is NSFW.

PathLosers is a regular twitch/youtube show I've started recently alongside Kaizer (Mike) and Justin, another internet friend and tabletop gamer. The game system we're using is Pathfinder, commonly referred to as dnd 3.75 as it's an updated open license version of dnd 3.5. We're the PathLosers because we have nothing better to do on Friday nights.

The PathLosers campaign is set in a world of ancient secrets and desolation. According to legend, a group of seven immortal beings known as the Guardians once walked the world, using their immense power, wealth and experience to keep the Darkness at bay so that all humanity might prosper. Tribal elves kept largely to themselves, aside from a religious order of pilgrims called the Walkers of the Path. Dwarven artisans created highly prized artifacts and great fortresses for the humans to wage their wars, but always worked for the highest bidder rather than getting themselves involved.

Circumstances of the event remain unclear, but what is known is that a few hundred years prior to the events of the campaign, the Guardians vanished. Men might have occasionally fought among themselves, but adventuring was viewed as a sport. It wasn't taken seriously until it was too late.

Darkness returned to the world.

The gnolls, orcs, goblins, trolls, and other assorted creatures of darkness were forged out of battle and necessity. The Guardians made them clever, or at least their leaders. When they raided and sacked towns, they prioritized places of knowledge and power. Libraries burned. Priceless artifacts shattered. The dwarven architecture was dismantled stone by stone. Word spread. It wasn't long before villages began destroying their own magic and culture, hoping it would make them less of a target. Those who didn't forsake knowledge were attacked by their own ignorant neighbors. The world was destroying itself.

In the heart of the old world, the last remnant of mankind prepared to make their final stand. A gleaming white tower was built, a beacon of the old world and the symbol of hope humanity needed. Elvenkind had been hit the hardest, one tribe at a time, while the Dwarves retreated into the earth as the world burned. Abben Academy was the final resting place for refugees and a place to educate anyone willing to listen in the ancient art of adventuring. The first man-made castle in centuries, Wyndwatch, began construction nearby, relying on the Academy's protections.

Today, Wyndwatch is the largest city in the civilized world. Abben Academy towers over it, like a great tree of unshakable roots, with branches that never stop extending. Abben's agents, grouped into these so-called 'branches', are joined with the remnants of the ancient Elven Walkers of the Path. They serve as keepers of the peace, as well as scouting parties and tactical squads in a never-ending war against Darkness itself.

The party forms one such branch of Abben Academy. Kaizer plays Mateo Grey, a human alchemist with a history of dealing on the streets of Wyndwatch before and even after entering the Academy's doors. Justin's character, Iverus Snow, is a tiefling who spent years going it alone, hunting in the wilds on the fringe of society before being offered sanctuary within the Academy's walls. They're joined by Lia Galanodel, the group's Walker of the Path with a few secrets of her own.

PathLosers

• The Twitch channel can be found here. We go live every Friday night, at 7:00 PM EST.
  • The YouTube playlist is here. After an episode airs live, the recording will be exported to YouTube in several chunks leading up to the next live show.
  • My twitter account can be found here. It's set up to tweet an alert automagically when the channel goes live, so it's another useful way to keep an eye on the show.

We're still pretty early doing this, so if anyone is interested in checking us out or having some unique background chatter to play, now's as good a time as any to get caught up. If you have any thoughts or feedback, everyone here on the PathLosers crew would be happy to hear it.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: PathLosers D&D 3.75 Twitch Show
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:43:53 am »
I just noticed this ... very cool. I have DMed a weekly game of Pathfinder for around 5 years now. Currently running my peeps through Iron Gods (which is probably the best adventure I have ever done, perhaps even better than Age of Worms) and I run several games at GenCon each year.

Keep posting these, I will definitely check them out.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Krakow Sam

• Manhunter
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:53:16 am »
I just noticed this ... very cool. I have DMed a weekly game of Pathfinder for around 5 years now. Currently running my peeps through Iron Gods (which is probably the best adventure I have ever done, perhaps even better than Age of Worms) and I run several games at GenCon each year.

Keep posting these, I will definitely check them out.

How have you found running such a long-term game? Is it still the same people playing who you started out with? Same characters?

I play in a game of Rogue Trader which has been going on for over two years at this point but it's flown by. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still playing together after five years.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Pitfall Phreak
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:37:01 am »
How have you found running such a long-term game? Is it still the same people playing who you started out with? Same characters?

I play in a game of Rogue Trader which has been going on for over two years at this point but it's flown by. I wouldn't be surprised if we're still playing together after five years.

I play with the same people over and over again. I actually DM all the games and right now our core went down from 5 players to 3 players. I do adventure path campaigns so everyone will go from level 1 up to level 17 or so. Knowing this going in everyone is dedicated to playing for years and years.

We play online so that makes it easier. And we try to play every week, but sometimes we have to go a few weeks without playing, but we always come back. It's hard to find good players and I got lucky as I have a good core, but even so we lost a few amazing guys over the years. I have tried to add more players to the mix, but they always leave or their personalities don't work out with the group.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Krakow Sam

• Manhunter
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »
Matches pretty well with my experience (we play online as well). Haven't got through many players though. One of the original 6 left fairly early but we've held steady at five players for ages.

At some point I might write up some of the adventures (another player keeps a pretty comprehensive game log) if anyone would be interested but we seem to spend a lot of our time throwing parties and organising our extensive space fiefdom rather than actual "adventuring".
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline dndfreak

• Super Mario Bro.
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 04:46:26 pm »
I know some more tabletoppers here and there, but that's the thing is that every one of them has had reliability issues in my experience. I'm just sticking with the two players right bow because of the fact that it's easier to get them in one place at one time. I'm interested in getting a larger core together eventually, but I'd rather have a small group that will meet weekly without much of an issue as opposed to a large group with someone missing every week.

Also, thanks for the words of encouragement, Steve!

Offline Kaizer

• Might and Magic Magus
  • Get high and kill bad guys.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:10:34 am »
Last Friday I learned that DR is dumb and that I'm clearly the saner player in the group.

Tune in next week when I sit around in town crafting potions for hours on end for everybody! EXCITEMENT!

Offline PatMan33

• BioShock Big Daddy
  • WELCOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 05:35:01 am »
It's an important role.

Medic, yo!
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone!" - Satoru Iwata

Offline dndfreak

• Super Mario Bro.
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 12:03:53 am »

It was a good fight. I'll be sure to put the vods up on youtube over the coming week leading up to our next show.

Offline Kaizer

• Might and Magic Magus
  • Get high and kill bad guys.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 02:18:21 pm »
It's an important role.

Medic, yo!

I'm not really a medic, I'm the caster who think's he's a monk, except with claws, and eating peoples faces.....who also has brew potion feat....

Offline dndfreak

• Super Mario Bro.
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 09:14:13 pm »
So since the last aired episode (when I finally got the proper setup to be able to handle a webcam layout), Justin has unceremoniously departed from the show. What this means is that classic PathLosers is more of an introduction and tech demo than anything else. Now that I have the technology and the knowledge of what I need to put in to run ideally from week to week, I'm putting out calls to get a full party together and do the show more properly. This time around Kaizer is staying on and I have a friend of mine I've been in a party with before named Peter who agreed pretty much instantly. A youtuber friend of mine who goes by Alzorath said he'd join when he gets the time slot free, but that won't be in a few months and Ideally I'd like to start before then.

If you guys are interested or know anyone reliable enough who would be, it would help if you could let me know. The more offers I can send out, the better the results.