Author Topic: PSP Homebrew  (Read 3301 times)

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
PSP Homebrew
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:30:21 pm »
I was wondering if anyone else follows the PSP homebrew seen?  A 2.71 downgrader was released and now I'm at 1.5 and enjoying my PSP more then I ever did before :D  Anyone else at 1.5?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
Re: PSP Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:48:48 pm »
www.i-hacked.com has got some stuff on it.

I personally am waiting for the day thay hack the DS.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:22:45 pm »
What do people say about doing searches before just making new topics.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=1383.0

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:28:33 pm »
Oh oh! I know!

Search before you make a topic!

fashioned

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:36:23 am »
i used to when i had a psp. i traded mine in a few months ago though.
i upgraded to 2.6 or what not when they started doing flash. homebrew is the way
to go for psp though. with a 1 gig card you can have an entire library of nes, snes
(and maybe even GBA, i'm not sure if they got those working) games for on the go.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
I don't like homebrew, not because I mind people making their own little games or such, it's just that when you downgrade you can also pirate games. Which I assume some people are taking advantage of. The viruses scare me a lot to.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 05:37:02 pm »
I have 1.5, and I load up 2.71 with DevHook so I can use the additional features of 2.71 and play games that require it to run. The PSP homebrew scene is pretty awesome.

There are ways to downgrade from alot of different firmware versions.

I don't like homebrew, not because I mind people making their own little games or such, it's just that when you downgrade you can also pirate games. Which I assume some people are taking advantage of. The viruses scare me a lot to.

I dont think there has ever been a Virus for any console I can think of.. Homebrew is great, they have even ported the Quake II engine to the PSP, so you can load up Q2 on your PSP. They have also ported Descent, which has always been a great game. Descent was the first game to have real 3D graphics. If you want to keep legal, if you own a SNES, you could get ROMs for games that you own, then play them on your PSP.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:44:25 am »

I dont think there has ever been a Virus for any console I can think of.. Homebrew is great, they have even ported the Quake II engine to the PSP, so you can load up Q2 on your PSP. They have also ported Descent, which has always been a great game. Descent was the first game to have real 3D graphics. If you want to keep legal, if you own a SNES, you could get ROMs for games that you own, then play them on your PSP.

There are some viruses that can infect your PSP and "brick" it. It basically breaks the system so it doesn't work anymore, and there is no way of fixing it. It can't actually download itself on to your PSP, you have to download it your self, but it is often disguised as downgraders or emulators.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 02:51:43 am »
Afaik that was just a hoax

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:33:47 am »
Homebrew is software that people make from home, the term originally comes from people making beer at home :P Nothing to do with SNES games or even emulators. It's just any software that someone makes from home for free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_%28video_games%29

If you want to know how to put SNES games on a PSP, just google it :) Although legally, you must own the original cartridge to download the rom.