Author Topic: Your first creature?  (Read 80815 times)

Offline BmB23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Your first creature?
« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2005, 04:48:30 am »
I'd make a little ball with 5 eyes 3 mouths... and 18-23 smooth tentacles sticking out in all directions.

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 24, 2005, 05:04:44 am »
that would be awesome! small parasites that are unstoppable!!!!! muhahahhahahah muuahhahahah

Nah, it would be a gamebreaker for those where the parasite winds up. It wouldn't be too fun losing each time you play.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #347 on: May 24, 2005, 05:09:05 am »
I have decided that I will, indeed create the tree-worshipping landsquids that will someday come to rule the Karta Mafune Empire. All other species beware.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 24, 2005, 05:12:57 am »
you do that and ill watch out for those

Offline Fally

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:05 am »
I think mine would be something slimey that makes milk... A Slug Cow!!! (Sluca)

It's very colorful so predators will think it's poisonous, but it's not! Well, except for it's tail like stinger! It has one eye and its milk has healing properties, that is, if you could have utters in the game, and chose coloring... (neither of which I think you could do.) 

If not then I'm gonna make a giant tape worm with brain sucking powers/ tentacles XD
(W00t first post!)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 12:18:14 am by Fally »

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2005, 12:36:20 am »
...You can choose colouring.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2005, 11:41:16 am »
Once Spore is out, and there are lots of users and fansites, we ought to set up a "monthly challenge" like "create the tallest and heaviest two-legged creature that can actually survive long enough to reproduce" challenge, or the "Most believable-looking flying amphibian" contest. People could post images and videos, then we could vote on them.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2005, 12:02:18 pm »
Imagine having "Longest Creature" or "Most Legs" There would be some pretty wild creatures.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2005, 08:42:14 pm »
That reminds me of the sligs from dune
nastiest creature but tastiest meat
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2005, 09:21:13 pm »
This reminds me of the Sligs from oddworld. Could you have a creature that uses its arms to both walk and grab stuff? Man, those things were awesome. Then in the ufo stage, you finally make robotic legs, but by then you'd be conquered by the Glukkons.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2005, 12:02:05 pm »
This reminds me of the Sligs from oddworld. Could you have a creature that uses its arms to both walk and grab stuff? Man, those things were awesome. Then in the ufo stage, you finally make robotic legs, but by then you'd be conquered by the Glukkons.

I would expect so.  And yeah... Oddworld had some pretty... odd? creatures in it to say the least.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2005, 10:28:31 pm »
Once Spore is out, and there are lots of users and fansites, we ought to set up a "monthly challenge" like "create the tallest and heaviest two-legged creature that can actually survive long enough to reproduce" challenge, or the "Most believable-looking flying amphibian" contest. People could post images and videos, then we could vote on them.

Alright because of this post, the thread about which stage you'd spend the most time in, and some quotes about the user database  I had a thought. What if someone set out to create an uber-species? One so perfectly evolved and adapted that it was capable of total conquest. It'd be downloaded into other people's games and survive on its own spreading and multiplying, eradicating everything in its path until it was the most dominant species in the game and nothing could stand against it. Not a very likely scenario and I doubt things would be so extensively simulated or the A.I. would be advanced enough for a single species to strive for galactic dominance in whatever game it appeared in, but it's an interesting idea. I was just reading a quote about how you'd be able to see how your creature is faring in other player's worlds and how others are interacting with it. Anyway, something else to strive for would be to create the species most seen in other people's games. Not sure how exactly the populating works, how the server determines what creatures to put in what games or if it's an even distribution of everything. But it'd be fun to try.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Sinner

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 26, 2005, 10:33:18 pm »
I'm thinking about a giant HyperSlug which will survive for 5 weeks, after the five weeks its too big, so it needs 25h to find food for a day^^.
Please forgive my fu**ing bad german English

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #358 on: June 27, 2005, 10:32:55 am »

Alright because of this post, the thread about which stage you'd spend the most time in, and some quotes about the user database  I had a thought. What if someone set out to create an uber-species? One so perfectly evolved and adapted that it was capable of total conquest. It'd be downloaded into other people's games and survive on its own spreading and multiplying, eradicating everything in its path until it was the most dominant species in the game and nothing could stand against it. Not a very likely scenario and I doubt things would be so extensively simulated or the A.I. would be advanced enough for a single species to strive for galactic dominance in whatever game it appeared in, but it's an interesting idea. I was just reading a quote about how you'd be able to see how your creature is faring in other player's worlds and how others are interacting with it. Anyway, something else to strive for would be to create the species most seen in other people's games. Not sure how exactly the populating works, how the server determines what creatures to put in what games or if it's an even distribution of everything. But it'd be fun to try.

There can be no uber speices because the game tries to build a balanced ecosystem around your creature.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 08:55:19 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2005, 07:32:29 am »
But if you want to see some cool ideals about life on other planets, check out Disney's "Mars and Beyond", released in 1957 and directed by the ever famous Ward Kimball. There are some really cool ideals in there.
http://www.animationshow.com/films/mars.html