Author Topic: Questions for the Devs.  (Read 106421 times)

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2007, 09:29:52 pm »
You'll probably be able to choose. Hopefully. Or maybe it's just completely random. (Blue grass FTW.)

Watching the TED video it certainly looked that way to me (choosing, that is).  It looked like you can pick a planet then pick which stage to start with.  A bit like choosing a neighborhood and lot in Sims (and family).

Edit:  You know what, I take that back.  I have no idea.  If you were able to pick and choose your planet, that would mean all the planets would have to be generated and set at the get-go, or else how could you view the planets in order to pick one?  Maybe you pick a system or galaxy like the lots in Sims, one of your families per lot, for example.  Then it puts you on a planet somewhere in there.  The planet would be generated at that point, randomly but within certain limits.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:33:55 pm by ChristianSkunk »
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2007, 12:48:57 am »
Well, you see a 'name your planet' screen there. But if you could choose your own planet that would be ok.

What would be cool is that this is just a screen with a name tag and then when you name it: the comet would smash into a random planet around the place where you click your mouse or something? COuld be cool too.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 27, 2007, 09:23:13 am »
another thing I wonder (especially afther there wasn't so much hands on experience for the press in gc07), say you create a snake creature which is pretty long and you want to attach 6 pairls of insect legs to it but they need to be very small becaue you want to have your creature crawl over the ground. If you start the first pair, and you want to repeat them over the entire body, is there a way of having the next pairs always be the same size and scale as you configure them for the first pair so you don't always have to do that again for every pair of legs you attach ?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 27, 2007, 10:52:17 am »
I know he says it but I'm not going to bother rummaging through the videos just to say "I told you so."

If someone else is bored they're welcome to go find it.

I still don't think these fanatasies of cartwheel creatures are possible.

I'm gonna put it simple. You dreamed it! xD

You'll probably be able to choose. Hopefully. Or maybe it's just completely random. (Blue grass FTW.)

Watching the TED video it certainly looked that way to me (choosing, that is).  It looked like you can pick a planet then pick which stage to start with.  A bit like choosing a neighborhood and lot in Sims (and family).

Edit:  You know what, I take that back.  I have no idea.  If you were able to pick and choose your planet, that would mean all the planets would have to be generated and set at the get-go, or else how could you view the planets in order to pick one?  Maybe you pick a system or galaxy like the lots in Sims, one of your families per lot, for example.  Then it puts you on a planet somewhere in there.  The planet would be generated at that point, randomly but within certain limits.

We got confirmation that you can just go through the galaxy and pick a solar system and planet to begin life, it remains to be seen if you can pick any planet or if it has to support life, probably you can pick any of them and then the "Genesis" device is applied to it just for the sake of starting the game on that planet.

another thing I wonder (especially afther there wasn't so much hands on experience for the press in gc07), say you create a snake creature which is pretty long and you want to attach 6 pairls of insect legs to it but they need to be very small becaue you want to have your creature crawl over the ground. If you start the first pair, and you want to repeat them over the entire body, is there a way of having the next pairs always be the same size and scale as you configure them for the first pair so you don't always have to do that again for every pair of legs you attach ?

In some games where you build stuff, that is done with the right mouse button :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline thorjarle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Between the lines
    • View Profile
    • thorjarle.com - mellom linjene
To: Will Wright / Lurkers from the Spore developers
« Reply #409 on: February 29, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »
Could you in a future event or in an upcoming newsletter tell us what kind of horsepower Spore need to be run with the highest details on?

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 01, 2008, 01:32:05 am »
Lucy Bradshaw confirmed that you will get to choose the planet you start on.