Author Topic: Questions for the Devs.  (Read 106251 times)

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: A Question a Day for the Devs.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 03:22:53 pm »
1) Will I be able to make my own planet??
2) Will every planet have a laser gun to shot down my UFO??
3) Must I have a laser gun on my UFO?

and wouldent it be much funner to have an other world there you could play online with other players....

one with players and one without players like singleplayermode and multiplayermode...

Offline Mayo_and_Mustard

• Atari Combat Vet
  • -_='|\_?=*^-=){3#-`~
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 12:18:52 am »
1.  Will I be able to "start a new race" from scratch without starting over, meaning, go back to the ooze? As opposed to just making a new creature.

2.  If you can make more than one race. Will they all be seperate main races you can switch between, or will you be stuck as your main race "using" other races?

(Sorry if I repeated any questions.. It's late.)
Sandwiches are good. Why? Because they are not one thing!

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 12:12:05 pm »
Will my race be able to walk on 2 legs and 4 legs??

Will all of my race look identicle or will I be able to decide how one individual will look different then an other individual??

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Re: SV: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 02:47:22 pm »
Will my race be able to walk on 2 legs and 4 legs??

Do you mean sometimes on 4 and sometimes on 2?

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 04:57:27 pm »
Do you mean sometimes on 4 and sometimes on 2?

yep :)

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 06:45:45 pm »
Didn't Will's tripod get up on one leg? I could be making this up, it's been a while since I watched the GDC video.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 11:48:59 pm »
when they danced they seemed to hop on their front leg. And as far as switching from 2 leg walking to 4 legged, I don't see it happening because the movement is created procedurally, and the computer will decide the best way for your creature to move depending on the way you built it. The computer would have no reason to make it switch back and forth...but who knows, there could be that option  ;)

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 03:10:15 pm »
perhaps like if your creature wants to reach up into a tree like bears do?
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 05:37:18 pm »
Maybe, if there is a manipulator/foot part, it could be possible. After all we already know there is a weapon/manipulator.

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 09:24:38 pm »
or to stand up on two legs to get the mouth up there?

I wish we had an actual game to play... although the land of the maybes is fun..   :-\

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 09:59:25 pm »
I'm kind of afraid of the land of the maybes. I read these forums all the time, and there are some crazy ideas out there. The ideas are fun and would be cool if they were added to the game, (like the idea of using the genesis device to change the make-up of the atmosphere, say from oxygen to your creatures' preference of nitrogen, and kill everything on that planet) but a lot of these ideas are unrealistic. I have to be careful about how much I get into these forums, because if I expect too much out of this game, it's going to be a major disappointment.

EDIT: I guess I'll also add my questions from my other topic in here. If that's frowned upon, I'm very sorry.

1) Will you be able to create the "actual" creature that you made in the editor and drop it on planets?

2) Another quick question about the UFO. Does it cost money to do something every time, or do you buy the tool and then whatever you do is free? For example, with the genesis device, would you pay 2,000 units of money for the device, and then use it as much as you wish for free; would you pay 200 units each time you use it; or would you pay 1,000 units for the device and pay 100 units each time you use it? Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I'm not one for words.

3) Will I be able to program robots to do my bidding? Say, program an army of giant robots to destroy civilizations, and then wait while I swing by and pick them up?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:19:31 pm by B-ROD »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline HCantu99

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 10:16:54 am »
1) As my creature gradually evolves (and not necessarily from one entire stage to another), do any of the previous less-evolved version(s) of my kind remain or are all the remaining survivors of the previous version "uplifted" or replaced with the next generation?

I just thought that it would be odd if I could interract with (or eat!) the relatives of my less-evolved ancestors.

Sorry if this was already answered.

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56:02 pm »
I doubt it.  But I'm usually wrong ::)

Offline magitek

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005, 03:51:40 am »
In response to EA owning our creatures, I highly doubt they can put such a clause in the EULA. In most cases, you'd own the copyright on the basic design of your creature, since you created it. However, the EULA can probably force you to let EA do whatever it wants with the Spore representation of your creature (i.e. use it in ads).

City of Heroes has a similar policy: the user retains copyrights to his hero, but the CoH people get to do whatever they like with the version of your hero that their software creates.

One question I'd like to ask, however, is how (if at all) the developers plan to deal with creatures that end up being identical to existing, well-known copyrighted characters. CoH gets in trouble if people make a Hulk character, on several counts (mainly 'cause they're making money off of Marvel's copyright). Will Maxis/EA get in trouble if people upload a Pikachu race?

Offline Beomoose

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Serpents
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2005, 09:09:53 am »
As with CoH user-created content that imitates or reproduces copyrighted material willhappen and will likely not end up costing EA all that much.
With Your Shield, Or On it.