Author Topic: Questions for the Devs.  (Read 131094 times)

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2006, 10:21:02 am »
They'd have to be placed on the same planet to create a problem
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2006, 01:45:32 pm »
It could happen. Of course, it's easy just to call it WILLOSAUR[1].cre and WILLOSAUR[2].cre, and so on.

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2006, 01:22:39 pm »
Two questions I'd like steve to answer if he could

1. Will other forms of intelligent life (and therefore alliances/war in space) be ONLY limited to outside your solar system (meaning can you do "everything" before you get the intersteller drive)?

2. Will you be able to build vehicles that aren't for interacting with other cities (as in, can you have vehicles in the city stage)
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

werechicken

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2006, 02:38:45 pm »
This may have been asked somewhere else, but what the hey, what options will we have for customizing plants, and will we be able to make them carnivorous or even sentient? Also will there be a planet editor at the start, and if so will that too be accessable in the UFO stage? I'm just wondering because I'm entertaining myself with the idea of a race of super-intelligent plants that live underwater, on an ocean planet......

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2006, 02:47:07 pm »
I think the plant editor ONLY is given to you during the space age (at what point we don't know, probably something you have to buy, like the other stuff).
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

werechicken

« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2006, 03:12:23 pm »
OK so probably no intelligent plants, but does anyone have any idea what options are open to us, for example flowers, carnivorous appendages, berrys, poison berrys or even some sort of death ray?

I dunno I'm very tired and my body won't let me sleep.......

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2006, 03:17:35 pm »
Two questions I'd like steve to answer if he could

1. Will other forms of intelligent life (and therefore alliances/war in space) be ONLY limited to outside your solar system (meaning can you do "everything" before you get the intersteller drive)?

2. Will you be able to build vehicles that aren't for interacting with other cities (as in, can you have vehicles in the city stage)
For 1. I'm thinking almost definitely not, for the same reason you dont have other species on your home planet.
For 2. Who knows ???
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2006, 11:28:09 am »
Hey just say the Demo video and I got to tell you this game if its anything like it looks will be a must buy.

Anyway I have a few questions.

Are you limited to developing on a terran like planet? Could you instead choose to develop on say a gas giant? Or even stranger could you develop, or later evolve to be able to live in a space nebula?

Offline KroBua

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2006, 11:41:21 am »
Hey just say the Demo video and I got to tell you this game if its anything like it looks will be a must buy.

Are you limited to developing on a terran like planet? Could you instead choose to develop on say a gas giant? Or even stranger could you develop, or later evolve to be able to live in a space nebula?

I've been thinking about this lately as well I wouldn't mind knowing.  Gas Planet, Ice Planet, I don't know maybe a Star.  Who says nothing lives on the sun?  lol.  I mean some creatures might able to live in those enviroments and it would be awsome to see

Ug, I got a stupid pink unicorn, hope next is better.

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2006, 11:45:18 am »

I've been thinking about this lately as well I wouldn't mind knowing. Gas Planet, Ice Planet, I don't know maybe a Star. Who says nothing lives on the sun? lol. I mean some creatures might able to live in those enviroments and it would be awsome to see

*cough*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life*cough*

Personal art galleries:

Offline Silver_Kiwi

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2006, 12:55:55 pm »
I *believe* gas giant life has been confirmed as a no.
Check out the WW interview with gaming steve. Somewhere in there I think...
Silver_Kiwi

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2006, 01:34:49 pm »
It could happen. Of course, it's easy just to call it WILLOSAUR[1].cre and WILLOSAUR[2].cre, and so on.

They might also follow allong with what TrainZ2004 did. Designer ID number, then item number.
Bob ID = 1234
Fred ID = 5678
Bob's first creature 1234:001:FirstCreature
Fred's Frist creature 5678:001:FirstCreature

Offline MadGiraffe

• Adventure Ace
  • Hmmm, colours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2006, 01:40:21 pm »

They might also follow allong with what TrainZ2004 did. Designer ID number, then item number.
Bob ID = 1234
Fred ID = 5678
Bob's first creature 1234:001:FirstCreature
Fred's Frist creature 5678:001:FirstCreature

That sounds logical, but I think there is going to be more code in the name then that. Because the name is very handy for seaching and such. For when you search 'Amazon' for new creatures and 'rate' them. But that could also be embedded..hmm.
I think randomcode will do. Not that you'd notice it much.

Personal art galleries:

Offline Craigboy

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2006, 01:41:36 pm »
Can my creature fly?

werechicken

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2006, 01:49:37 pm »
I *believe* gas giant life has been confirmed as a no.
Check out the WW interview with gaming steve. Somewhere in there I think...

If we are able to alter the planet, just make it into an ocean planet, life in the ocean would essentially be the same as life on a gas giant, If you watched that show with the air whales (I can't remember it's name at the moment) which where, surprisingly, giant whale-like creatures that sailed through the air, eating air-borne plankton. On a world with an incredibly thick atmosphere. The guy who made it up said that on a world such as this a transition from the ocean to the air could only take one evolutionary leap. So if you want to simulate life in a gas giant, just stick to the ocean ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:52:50 pm by werechicken »