Author Topic: Questions for the Devs.  (Read 131075 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for the Devs.
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »
I need that game ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.I ve calmed down alot about it since I first heard of it
We all b one big intergalactic family and  if you don't comply...NUKES....

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2006, 12:02:07 pm »
That was sergant Shlutz. (The fat bastard.. look what happened when he took over the camp.)

One question. Will I be able to keep a species in evolutionary mode indefinatly? And can I keep it in past brain enhancement? I'd like to use many weapons and armor all the time in D3 mode. (Yay! hack and slash The one thing I'm good at.

It was Manuel from Fawlty towers.

You just keep calming Wolf, I barely even care when its released this year, as long as it IS released this year.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

TheChaos7

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2006, 12:39:21 am »
i can relate lonewolf the wait is killin me

however i bouht empire earth gold edition and it seems it will have my atteion for months :D

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2006, 06:54:02 am »
third quarter is not that far away, really. there'll be some gaming conferences in that time to tide you over.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

alxian, the last

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2006, 02:58:05 pm »
I have as many question as are already here

the main ones are not yet mentioned (yay)

1) will there be resource management (certain rare resources boosting evolution). allows: interplanetray trade, politics realtime economies of scale.
2) will there be planet engines (like asteroid engines in fragile allegiance)
3) can you actually control your creature from its perspective (a question of high importance)
4) how many spaceships can your civilization have? on planets they trade with vehicles, simiilarly inetrplanetary trade could be automated.
5) do planets differ in size? or all they all impossibly small "little prince" sized?

sure its a matter of computer resources but i wouldn't mind the game loading a google earth like planet (streamloading it) allowing for bigger habitats that could support bigger animals. (related to resources, habitats with few resource coudln't support larger animals but resource rich planets could support larger creatures for a more realistic simulation.

6) will cities actually be that simple or will they get more complex requiring vehicles for denizens to get around.
6a) can more than one species live in a city?
7) can creatures evolve telepathy, telekineses, etc with uber huge brains for players who take the time to build up enough EP/$
8 ) will amphibious creatures be able to live in one region and hunt in another? live on land but hunt for fish underwater if no other land creatures are present?
9) will energy systems be realistically powered by stars>plants>chemical energy in that order or is available energy not a factor at all?
10) will the topography of planets, geologies/techtonics of planets be dynamic also? wil mountain ranges valleys water tables change dynamically (albeit too slow for player to notice)?

like, hey that mountain wasn't there an hour ago, or, hey that river was over there before.

other stuff, i posted elsewhere about this game

Offline Ghost

• Galaxian Guru
  • OMGWTFBQQ!! its the 1ee7 train!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2006, 07:25:21 pm »
I'm only going to ask questons when i know the answers therefore not bothering anyone  :D
sugar and spice AND ALOT OF CHILLIE!

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2006, 08:42:16 pm »
I'm only going to ask questons when i know the answers therefore not bothering anyone  :D

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3

Offline jafe816

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »

Haha..!!!

Offline Spriggand

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • It's HIDEOUS! RUN AWAY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »

Haha..!!!

I take it you got the X-Men reference, which is good, 'cause I didn't want to sound mean or snooty.
OH MY CRAP IT'S E3

Offline the..forget it

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2006, 04:39:07 pm »
Is it possible to create planets from the rings destroyed ones leave?  Or maybe just from rings that are there.

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2006, 01:59:16 am »
That would be cool to do but, nobody knows if that going to be possible.

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2006, 04:12:28 am »

Could be why he's Questioning the Devs about it ;).

I would ask them  if there will be an external "viewer" of some kind for creatures with particular files for each creature.  Will said the game could ship with 10k creatures, I want to be able to browser them.  Also, I want to be able to browse my creature, send my creature to someone else, and let them browse it also, AS WELL as possibly add it to the environment around them and have the system balance the area for both of those creatures.  Is that possible?
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2006, 05:08:53 am »

Could be why he's Questioning the Devs about it ;).

Who says I'm not  ;).

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2006, 06:31:43 am »
I would ask them  if there will be an external "viewer" of some kind for creatures with particular files for each creature.  Will said the game could ship with 10k creatures, I want to be able to browser them.  Also, I want to be able to browse my creature, send my creature to someone else, and let them browse it also, AS WELL as possibly add it to the environment around them and have the system balance the area for both of those creatures.  Is that possible?

I've been thinking about that, too. Will my creature have some obscure filename, like C:/PROGRAM FILES/SPORE/INDEX/DATA/CREATURE FILES/ADSFASDRF34.CRE, or will it be more like C:/PROGRAM FILES/SPORE/CREATURES/HOME PLANET/WILLOSAUR.CRE?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2006, 09:05:08 am »
Probably an obsure name that's linked to a unique string. What if there's 2 Willosaurs? Or 2 "Salatoads"?