Author Topic: I got Partners in Time  (Read 9779 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
I got Partners in Time
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:47:41 pm »
I had been searching for Superstar saga for GBA for a while but with them not producing any copies for australia I haven even seen it 2nd hand anywhere. I decided to give in and just get the DS game instead which of course means I'll now finalyl walk into EB on saturday or something and see superstar saga on the shelf.

I'll play it on the train and most of tonight and on the train tommorow I'll let you know my opinion after about 24 hours.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: I got Partners in Time
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:08:19 pm »
Congrats on getting a great game. I don't typically play RPG's, but I found this one to be very fun. I'm still pretty early in the game, but I'm starting to pick it up and play it more again.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:18:35 am »
Yeah I'm enjoying it so far puzzels aren't too easy mostly so far just require timing jumps. I'll guess that get a bit more complicated later. Like i said I had searched high and low for superstar saga but to no avail so this will be a good substitute I guess the only probablem being that I'll play mostly on the train and I will have to hurry to get to save points sometimes.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 04:02:54 pm »
Sorry for double post just thought I'd give the 24 hour update i promised so far it's been good the save points seem far enough away so I can comfitably make it from one to the next on the train ride into work. Also having to time attacks to increase damage means it isn't just all stat based and I wont almost nod off playing like spamming earthquake in pokemon has done to me occasionally after a long day at work. :P

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 06:14:38 pm »
I played the Superstar one and this one. I liked how the plot was so unpredictable and that the game was pretty long. I already finished it, but it seems fun enough to play through more than once.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
I love this game!

Spoiler Warning!

I'm currently stuck with in that pink guys belly. I need to beat the egg guy. How do I do it?

Spoiler over

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 06:05:19 pm »
I finished Partners in time last night those final boss battles just went on for ages.

*** Boss fight spoiler ***

As for Martham's question about beating the boss charcter with the eggs if I'm correct in who i think you mean. With the start of the battle dont attack the boss directly attack the eggs in front of him just double bounce on each egg hopefully if you have enough attack power so that you can break them open with both 1 bounce from an Adult and a Baby. When the egg breaks a yoshi is freed and runs over to the top screen and starts trying to psh a chomp rock off a ramp free I think it was lke 5 Yoshis and they can push it up and off landing on the boss. This stuns the boss.

While stunned by the Chomp rock hit him with your strongest attack Cannonballer is good and probably the best you have at this stage in the game. After a few turns the stun wears off and you go back to freeing yoshis and what not. Avoiding attacks isn't to hard you can tell which brother is getting an egg thrown from the targeting reticle the boss has. I can't remember all his attacks but timing isn't hard. Just heal when u need it and you will do fine.

*** end spoiler ***

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 08:51:45 pm »
I was doing that exact thing, but 20 mins passed and then I gave up.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 12:25:44 am »
Well do what I said there and you will do fine. If you thought that boss was taking forever wait until you come up agaisnt the final one that battles goes for ever. Be sure to be stocked up on items.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 12:54:02 pm »
The final battles for Superstar and Partners in Time were both like that. The one in Superstar seemed harder for some reason, though.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:09:38 pm »
I beat the boss in partners in time 1st go but it was just really long. It was really satisfying when it was over though.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 01:38:23 pm »
I couldn't beat it the first time just because it was too long and I had to go do something else, so I had to turn it off.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 07:11:16 pm »
Well i beat it on a lazy sunday morning where i had all the time in the world. I actully found the shoot the alin spacecraft mini-game to be harder it wasn't long just timing shots and stuff. Only took about 3 goes though. In anycase by the final boss all the Bros were up to level 30 plus were tricked out with healing badges and overalls that gave massive bonuses.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 07:12:57 pm »
That mini-game was actually one of the easiest parts for me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 07:48:31 pm »
I didnt say it was hard just harder than the boss the boss was only hard because it was long. By the time you each the end of the game you should have a full compliment of mushrooms and 1 up mushrooms to keep you alive no problem its just then u got to keep hitting the boss with everything you got and know where to get them 1st to make them weaker.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 07:56:58 pm »
Probably a spoiler

I beat the boss mostly by using the big fireball thing over and over. I had about 40 and I even ran out of them. That's the best one since it hits all of the parts at the same time.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 08:05:55 pm »
Spoiler right back.

I mostly red shelled the feet then just mixed tramplline canonball and chain chomp on the crown then head, Didn't use chain chomp to much though as when there were multiple targets it splits the damage up so you dont put it where it hurts the most. Although Chain chomp got huge use on 1st princess. Oh also alot of Ice flower action as a way to drop her stats when she was vonurable. I had heaps of everything at this stage

Did anyone ever master using smash eggs or did you just never get it and just end up selling most of the ones you found anyway?

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 08:15:04 pm »
I never really got the Smash Eggs or the Chain Chomp down so I just left them alone most of the time. I didn't sell them, though.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 08:34:51 pm »
Chain chomp was easy just push A or B before the appropitate brother landed on the enemy. There was also X and Y for baby attacks but you can eaily get damage of around 500 points with just the adult bros alone. if you want to do babie damage push the button for the babie sitting on the chomps tail. but you only should bother with  that maybe the 1st couple of times if at all concentrate on the adults and u will get 500 points with little practice at all.

Eggs i never even worked out how to get them to work not even a trip to Gamefaqs helped there.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 08:42:53 pm »
I haven't played in a while so I forgot most of the things. I will play and try and tell you how to do it. I remember I managed to do it a couple of times, but I just wasn't good enough with it as to use it often.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 09:03:33 pm »
I dont think i was ever able to succesfully get an egg to work once. Chain chomps where the best though I got heaps of damage from using those.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 09:06:38 pm »
My best one was the fireball thing.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 09:09:36 pm »
Spoiler
Did anyone else think it was funny the way the game sort of just rushed in the end with you finding like half the colbolt star at once.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
Spoiler?

Yeah, I think Superstar was kind of the same way, if I remember correctly.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 09:18:01 pm »
Pissed off the dont have any more copies of superstar anywhere in Australia the only reason i held off on getting partners in time so long was because i wanted to play superstar 1st but i couldn't find it anywhere turns out they werent bringing in any more copies bitches.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 09:20:22 pm »
Well, you don't need to play them in order. They are really different and unrelated from each other.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 09:22:11 pm »
yeah i gave up on Superstar if I find it I'll pick i up but i its not somehting I'm dieing for anymore.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
Well, I liked Superstar, but it wasn't that good. There were parts where it became way too hard to pass if you hadn't fought every single monster there was. And it got a bit repetitive to do it after a bit.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 09:34:33 pm »
Well I went after pretty muchevery enemy in the game i think there just 1 or 2 hear and there i missed for some reason or another. Then i was playing to find everything and battle everything I saw.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 09:39:59 pm »
I fought every monster I saw, too. I don't think I missed any of them. But I was referring to Superstar when I said that.

Partners in Time was much easier than Superstars for some reason. Probably because there were four characters instead of two.

Oh, and I just remembered something.

Spoiler

I think that the hardest boss for me was the worm thing.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 09:45:53 pm »
Spoiler
What the 1st one where the shroob wiggler that was drinking vim that was easy just make sure you only attack shroobs carrying poison mushrooms let the ones with normal mushys power up and make sure u counter attack them  when swiggler drink the tainted potion it gets dizzy then its open season on him.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 09:48:57 pm »
Spoiler (do we really need to say this? I would think it's enough to just write the message in this color...)

But how do you know which one will bring the poison. I don't remember any of them carrying it. They just brought it and the worm drank it before I could do anything... :-\

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 09:55:02 pm »
grey shrooms are poison jump on those only. if they both have normal shrooms just attack swiggler

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 09:56:22 pm »
Hehe, I never figured that out. :P
Thanks, even though it's too late now.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:02 am »
The give away is one colour makes the shroobs shrink the other makes them grow big  as long as no standard mushrooms get in the potion Swiggler is a cake walk.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 12:17:09 pm »
Ok, I tried the Smash Eggs thing and I finally got it down. You just press the button of the brother that is going to hit the egg, and when it is near the top of the bottom screen you let go of it. If you want to make it stronger, you can click the button for the baby instead and then hit it with an older one. Something I liked about the eggs was that if there wasn't anyone else to hit, it cracked open and it gave you something most of the time.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 06:20:08 pm »
Ok think I I get it now not that it matters I finished the game now.