Author Topic: WORLD WAR Z!!!!  (Read 42825 times)

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
Re: WORLD WAR Z!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 07:22:37 pm »
It is very awsome, I think they should come out with a fps/survival where you hideout it randomly made cities waiting out fro the military to arrive, you would set the number of day and then wait as the zombies, quislings and f-cats attack you a long with crazed bandits. Maybe have a multi paly component co-op?  Who knows, if the movie sells well....

I would LOVE to see something like that. You get to be at Yonkers, Hero City, Raj-Shing's (SP?) Last Stand, it'd just be pure ownage. But what I'd really love to see is something that's real time... Where it starts at the beginning of the outbreak. Your completely customizable character is watching the news as the zombies slowly shamble towards your chosen city of residence, and your chosen house of residence... Then complete immersion happens as you get up. No HUD. Maybe an inventory screen that shows everything. Realistic inventory, at least. You can pick up anything and everything, and use it in almost every way possible. Realisitic physics. Realisitic AI. Zombies act as Max Brooks has deemed them too. You have realisitic hunger, food, and wounds. You must simply survive in your enviroment, whether it be an attempt to find the military and join up with them in hopes that they might save you, or whether it's you bunker up in your apartment building, it's just you being able to do WHATEVER you want in the midst of this zombie outbreak. I'd sell my soul to Satan for a copy of that and a system that could run it.

Quote from: shock223
it wouldn't be a good FPS... FPS usally have a "one vs the world" menteltany. this is agaist everything that the zombie survivle guide stands for. but if the movie sells...
That is what we all want... A game where it isn't "one against the world", a game that realisitically portrays a zombie outbreak...

Quote from: Dragon_Reborn
It is very awsome, I think they should come out with a fps/survival where you hideout it randomly made cities waiting out fro the military to arrive, you would set the number of day and then wait as the zombies, quislings and f-cats attack you a long with crazed bandits. Maybe have a multi paly component co-op?  Who knows, if the movie sells well....

Kind of what I said, just a hell of a lot less push on realism?

Also, for those who want a quasi-realisitic zombie game that is at least SOMEWHAT like Max Brook's book, try Autumn War. I find it to be the best flash zombie game out there.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/349292

You'll need a might nice computer to run it, though.
Umm, you quoted me twice.  But anyway, I have played Autumn War and it is fun.  The idea I was thinking of as pretty much your idea.  I dont like the whole total realism thing though.  I want a HUD, but everything else is fine with me.  I also think a  co-op mode like, you trapped in a "lost City" and you have to find the other players.  Each player knows the location of 1 player and so it's a hunt to find everyone then get out of the City.
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline TheMagicHobo

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Schrodinger's Cat is out for Revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 07:31:37 am »
Umm, you quoted me twice.  But anyway, I have played Autumn War and it is fun.  The idea I was thinking of as pretty much your idea.  I dont like the whole total realism thing though.  I want a HUD, but everything else is fine with me.  I also think a  co-op mode like, you trapped in a "lost City" and you have to find the other players.  Each player knows the location of 1 player and so it's a hunt to find everyone then get out of the City.

That'd be nice. But remeber, without a HUD, there is more immersion. Ever play the King Kong game or Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth? You'd be suprised how much more immersed you are without a HUD.
Schrodinger will kill you like a cat in a box. Maybe.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection.

Televison - A medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well-done.

Keep an open mind. Just make sure it's not so open your brain falls out.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 01:57:11 pm »
No, I did not ever play those games.  I'll give up the hud IF I can have a laser aimer because all I need is a reticule.  You might wanna check out the Zombie mod and Left 4 Dead threads and check out those games.
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline TheMagicHobo

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Schrodinger's Cat is out for Revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 03:43:32 pm »
No, I did not ever play those games.  I'll give up the hud IF I can have a laser aimer because all I need is a reticule.  You might wanna check out the Zombie mod and Left 4 Dead threads and check out those games.

Not everyone has Half-Life or Half-Life 2, you know.
Schrodinger will kill you like a cat in a box. Maybe.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection.

Televison - A medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well-done.

Keep an open mind. Just make sure it's not so open your brain falls out.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 02:54:21 am »
I wouldn't exactly want an hud, but something similar, i.e. something that indicates that something is behind me because my character hears it.  So, kind of like a radar thing, but more realistic.  So yeah, a more realistic hud if possible.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36:58 pm »
Should I get ZSG?
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 08:03:49 am »
Well, it is a good book to read.  And informative!  So yeah, go ahead and get it, then read (or re-read) World War Z.

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 03:38:39 am »
I loved both World War Z and Zombie Survival Guide. Fun stuff, and very realistic, I thought.

If the author writes another book, I would like more historical examples of zombie outbreaks. I think that was my favorite part of the ZSG.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 09:38:02 pm »
If the author writes another book, I would like more historical examples of zombie outbreaks. I think that was my favorite part of the ZSG.

The historical accounts creeped me out the most!   They made me most afraid of the zeds.  My neck was sore for a week cuz I kept looking over my shoulder so much.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 05:34:58 am »
You wouldnt have that problem if you had realised the 'scientific' explanation of zombies is totally flawed  ;)

Make no mistake, I liked the ZSG and the historical accounts, but the premise that zombies can just keep going without oxygen and, importantly, without eating, is completely wrong. The zombies described in the book would only keep going for a day or two, max, before they just keeled over from starvation... maybe a fat zombie would do better.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 09:57:58 am »
Oh I know, absolutely.  Also, a virus infecting the brain would be nearly impossible, what with the blood brain barrier, and a virus changing the very nature of the brain from aerobic to anaerobic would be impossible.

That's why I theorized that whatever made zombies was actualy some kind of parasite, maybe a micro-organism, that controlled some parts of the brain that allowed for movement and interpretation of signals from the sensory organs, and lived off the rest of the brain.  This parasite would pass itself from host to host through direct body fluid contact (saliva, blood, etc.)  So, its not the hosts themselves becoming zombies, more like complex puppets.

Anyways, it wasn't the plausibility of zeds that creeped me out, but the accounts themselves.  I just have a wicked active imagination, and imagining getting eaten alive is not fun.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:56 am »
Resident Evil 4, anyone?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 11:48:07 am »
Oh I know, absolutely.  Also, a virus infecting the brain would be nearly impossible, what with the blood brain barrier, and a virus changing the very nature of the brain from aerobic to anaerobic would be impossible.

That's why I theorized that whatever made zombies was actualy some kind of parasite, maybe a micro-organism, that controlled some parts of the brain that allowed for movement and interpretation of signals from the sensory organs, and lived off the rest of the brain.  This parasite would pass itself from host to host through direct body fluid contact (saliva, blood, etc.)  So, its not the hosts themselves becoming zombies, more like complex puppets.

Theres still a massive problem: Its out-and out stated that Zombies have a non-functioning digestive system. Even the energy saved by shutting off higher brain functions and ceasing cell division and repair a zombie would only have enough reserves to last a matter of days.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 06:38:29 pm »
Oh I see what you mean.  As in, only enough energy to keep all the muscles moving.  No food=no energy=no movement, no matter what.

Well then, I guess they feed on plot!  Its the only viable energy source.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 01:06:51 pm »
There's always art. That seems to be good for some things.