Author Topic: WORLD WAR Z!!!!  (Read 43400 times)

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
WORLD WAR Z!!!!
« on: October 01, 2006, 10:27:20 am »
This book is amazing, very creepy and mature.  The North Koreans.... it's kinda scary what they did.  I wont spoil it but the South Koreans were freaked out by it to.  This Book pokes fun at dumbass military Generals and is a great read.  Im almost done with it and if your a fan of the Zombie Survival Guide, you'll probably like it too.

Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WORLD WAR Z!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:33:15 am »
Great Book, didn't take too long to read and it never got tedious.
SPOILER... I... Guess... ;)
Seriously, when the movie comes out (YES! They ARE making a WWZ MOVIE!!!) I hope they explain the North Korean thing a little better... I mean, what the frell happened? Is that little theory true and there are tens of millions of underground zombies, or are they living underground with kim even more of a 'god' to them, being in complete and total control...? /shivers/ Scary :p  ;D ;)
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:41 am »
I'm guessing its not based on the truth?  :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:59:24 pm »
Its set in the near future, so we cant know for sure.

Dun
DUN
DAAAAAAH!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:13:00 pm »
It is very awsome, I think they should come out with a fps/survival where you hideout it randomly made cities waiting out fro the military to arrive, you would set the number of day and then wait as the zombies, quislings and f-cats attack you a long with crazed bandits. Maybe have a multi paly component co-op?  Who knows, if the movie sells well....
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 09:23:50 pm »
This book is amazing, plain and simple. Max Brooks has done his homework, and done even more thinking on the subject of the living dead than anyone else ever has. He took a totally unrealistic possibility and moved it into the realm of possibility, and that makes it all the more frightening and enjoyable. The perspectives in the book are interesting and you find yourself sympathizing with most of them. Plus, Brooks includes quite a few little facts that I'd never even pondered before, such as why Europe has so many castles and America has none. Overall, an excellent book worthy of being the follow-up to the ZSG.

And I eagerly anticipate the movie. I hope it retains the documentary-style feel of the book. How cool would it be if it was told through interviews and shaky home-movie clips as well as professional film and news coverage? Complete with the gritty feel and realistic tone, the movie could rock. I would see it for sure.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

fashioned

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 02:23:26 am »
fantastic, ZSG was so awsome i can't wait to read this

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 11:56:08 am »
Plus, Brooks includes quite a few little facts that I'd never even pondered before, such as why Europe has so many castles and America has none.
Because there was never a Feudal America. It seems pretty obvious....

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:57:10 pm »
Plus, Brooks includes quite a few little facts that I'd never even pondered before, such as why Europe has so many castles and America has none.

While you have a point, I never really thought of that. I usually miss the obvious things and see the more subtle things. Dunno why. It was just something I'd never really pondered, but it was pretty interesting once I read it.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 04:01:38 pm »

While you have a point, I never really thought of that. I usually miss the obvious things and see the more subtle things. Dunno why. It was just something I'd never really pondered, but it was pretty interesting once I read it.
What he said was the  exact same thing that I thought.

To my orginal comment.... I'm assuming its availible everywhere so I can get it easily?

What will you do?

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 11:10:29 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed ZSG, so I cannot wait to pick this up. I do hope that if he does another zombie book, that it will be more comical, kind of like a 'Shaun of the Dead.'

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 05:07:05 pm »
Well, the whole mock-umnetory facade is totally wicked and if the movie sells (yes there is a movie) then maybe they will start making good, serious tacticl shooters about zombies.

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 03:23:58 pm »
I got my thirty cents' worth. That's all I have to say about this book.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline shock223

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 01:46:22 pm »
Well, the whole mock-umnetory facade is totally wicked and if the movie sells (yes there is a movie) then maybe they will start making good, serious tacticl shooters about zombies.

it wouldn't be a good FPS... FPS usally have a "one vs the world" menteltany. this is agaist everything that the zombie survivle guide stands for. but if the movie sells...

Offline TheMagicHobo

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Schrodinger's Cat is out for Revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 05:23:52 pm »
It is very awsome, I think they should come out with a fps/survival where you hideout it randomly made cities waiting out fro the military to arrive, you would set the number of day and then wait as the zombies, quislings and f-cats attack you a long with crazed bandits. Maybe have a multi paly component co-op?  Who knows, if the movie sells well....

I would LOVE to see something like that. You get to be at Yonkers, Hero City, Raj-Shing's (SP?) Last Stand, it'd just be pure ownage. But what I'd really love to see is something that's real time... Where it starts at the beginning of the outbreak. Your completely customizable character is watching the news as the zombies slowly shamble towards your chosen city of residence, and your chosen house of residence... Then complete immersion happens as you get up. No HUD. Maybe an inventory screen that shows everything. Realistic inventory, at least. You can pick up anything and everything, and use it in almost every way possible. Realisitic physics. Realisitic AI. Zombies act as Max Brooks has deemed them too. You have realisitic hunger, food, and wounds. You must simply survive in your enviroment, whether it be an attempt to find the military and join up with them in hopes that they might save you, or whether it's you bunker up in your apartment building, it's just you being able to do WHATEVER you want in the midst of this zombie outbreak. I'd sell my soul to Satan for a copy of that and a system that could run it.

Quote from: shock223
it wouldn't be a good FPS... FPS usally have a "one vs the world" menteltany. this is agaist everything that the zombie survivle guide stands for. but if the movie sells...
That is what we all want... A game where it isn't "one against the world", a game that realisitically portrays a zombie outbreak...

Quote from: Dragon_Reborn

Kind of what I said, just a hell of a lot less push on realism?

Also, for those who want a quasi-realisitic zombie game that is at least SOMEWHAT like Max Brook's book, try Autumn War. I find it to be the best flash zombie game out there.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/349292

You'll need a might nice computer to run it, though.
Schrodinger will kill you like a cat in a box. Maybe.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection.

Televison - A medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well-done.

Keep an open mind. Just make sure it's not so open your brain falls out.