Poll

Read my last post before voting! You’ve seen my work so far, what should I center my efforts on now?

The Urshans. Your first creation and best. Expand them.
The Thoons. We want to know more about these guys. Expand to the level of the Urshans.
Those Regs fellows look nice. You should expand on them.
A new race! Its time for some cool new ideas. Much has changed since you made the Thoons and Urshans. We want to see some real creativity and unique alien ideas.
Just keep on throwing new race ideas in your Expanded Universe thread. No need to expand fully on every race, the ideas themselves are much more interesting.
BioCat get real, you’ve made your contribution, its time to stop now…

Author Topic: BioCat's Expanded Universe (New poll about my future works, please vote)  (Read 9718 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
This thread will contain all my none Urshan races.

I give you the Thoons: (For more information about them go to the Urshan thread).

The Thoons:

Home Planet: Cashood.

Physical:
The Thoons are small people, just about 1.5 meters standing. They developed from an omnivore tree-climbing creature. Their feeding organ is a long powerful beak that splits into three parts. Inside they have two tongues and acidic spittle. They have three long tails that are used for reproduction decoration and to balance their bodies. They have two pairs of identical hands with three fingers, each slightly bigger than the one before it. Their feet have two claw like fingers that can grasp branches quite effectively. They have dog like ears and a single huge eye. Their internal organs are lower then ours, their brain is at the back of their skulls and they reproduce using their tails.

History:
In the beginning of their history the Thoons were nomadic people. Later they formed tribes and started gathering into small groups. Originally the Thoons were very pacifistic and wars were rare. Quite soon in their history a great nation called “Thooka” or in English “Terra’s Servant” rose. This nation gave equal rights to of all its citizens. The ruler of that nation was elected and generally their form of government with very democratic. Since their ancient days the Thoons were fascinated in physiques and astronomy and very soon they learned many ways to store gain and use energy. The science of physiques was sacred to them as they always desired and believed that they will find the ultimate truth by discovering more in this subject. But this positive situation was about to change. In their modern age the Thoons moved into a capitalistic form of economy. This decision almost led to their downfall as many corporations were founded. Soon those corporations took control over all fields of life and started competing with each other until the final destruction. When the Urshan met the Thoons three of the main corporations were in the middle of their third world war. Nukes were used quite commonly and the Thoon race started crumbling.

Culture:
The Thoons are peaceful people who admire science and nature. They are quite xeno-phobic to all races but the Urshans who saved them. They have no religion but art and especially music has a great role in their lives. They invented a few of the most unique instruments in the galaxy that are based on very advanced physiques. They despise time travel and are hunting every organization that tries to gain this technology after they had a horrible accident in their early modern ages. A foolish but brave scientist built a time portal and successfully launched items into the Thoon’s past and future. This action almost destroyed half of their population when he finally launched himself into the past and tried to command an army and take control over the entire race (although this action damaged their culture, it gave the Thoons a serious scientific boost). After that all time machines were destroyed.   

Current Goverment:
All Thoons are equal rights citizens in the Urshan empire. They serve the empire loyaly and have an inner autonomy inside it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 01:49:09 am by BioCat »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: BioCat's Expanded Universe
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:00:43 am »
cool great work :) ;) I think you need to expand beyond th universe lol.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 02:18:36 pm »
hehe, 'expanded universe'...reminds me of star wars... :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:23:44 pm »
hehe, 'expanded universe'...reminds me of star wars... :P

Are you implying I got the idea from there? Nope, you are totally wrong, pure coincidence, has nothing to do with it  ;)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:20:42 pm »
You sometimes give me the feel that your a emo or hippie or something, since usually for disasters you take something completly normal from Earth and make it somehow bad.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 04:29:07 pm »
You sometimes give me the feel that your a emo or hippie or something, since usually for disasters you take something completly normal from Earth and make it somehow bad.

Hehe. Can you give another example of when I did that, you got me intrigued :).

And no I am no hippie, just an idealist with critisizem on the way some things work  ;)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 07:05:52 pm »
sadly, I remember details of topics but nothing actually about them.

That would preety much be a hippie

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:56:11 am »
The Thoons officially rock.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 04:46:07 pm »
The Thoons officially rock

Updated their story in the Urshan thread.

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 08:13:52 pm »
Reminds me of the Dr. Lobser dude from Futerama.
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 02:24:14 am »
Hehe, if you say so. She was supposed to be a little braver and slightly cold but that will do :P

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:29:34 am »
Hi there :), for those of you who haven't read the Thoon's and Urshan's story check the Urshan thread, soon part 3 of the story!

Oh and the Thoons have their own wiki page now, check it out here:
http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Thoons

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 02:00:54 am »
I like your creatures...I especially like your original one...It kinda made me want to go back to my original Idea of having my Zyyo having completly black eyes like the greys...I'm still In debate with my own brain, no I'm not...yes I am...anyway I like this creature too...It's quite unique :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 04:55:28 am »
Thanks, I prefer the Urshans as well but I always felt like that though mentally they were very original physically they weren't enough so I decided to make another race that would be more bizarre and unique. I also made them because I felt I was neglecting the Urshan's story and wanted to give it a touch of something new. After I will finish the story of the Urshans and Thoons I have a few more ideas for other creatures as well.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 05:01:51 am »
like I said to alwayswatching (I think It was him) If you like It screw what everyone else thinks :D also the more earthlike the creature Is the more unique It Is as the chaces of an ET even resembling an terrestrial creature Is 1 In a Billion...damn my brain, I want my creatures to have 4 eyes but I want the eyes all black...hmmmm...waaaaa *throws a temper tantrum*