Author Topic: Convince me to get an Xbox 360  (Read 8966 times)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
Convince me to get an Xbox 360
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:22:07 pm »
Convince me.  I'm on the ropes on whether to get one or not.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:19:13 pm by Sub »

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons to get an Xbox 360?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 04:32:14 pm »
Heh, just look at X06! Tons of great games coming to the 360 from here through '07:

Banjo-Kazooie
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Call of Duty 3
Lost Planet
Mass Effect
Alan Wake
Crackdown
Bioshock
Assassins Creed
GTA IV
Halo 3
Halo RTS
Fable 2

Those are all cames coming within the next year that I named off the top of my head. What else? How about games already out like PGR3, Kameo, Oblivion, etc. Many of these great games are just now getting price cuts, so now is a great time to buy them.

Not to mention, Live is great! I didn't like online gaming before, but Live is well worth the $50 per year, and I am enjoying it a lot! I have almost spent more time playing demo's and Live Arcade games than actual games themselves! :D

Yeah, get the system, it is well worth the purchase. I loved my 360 before, but after all the X06 announcments, I am really glad to have the system! :)

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: Convince me to get an Xbox 360
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 06:59:06 pm »
The only reason is if Treasure releases the spiritual successor to Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga exclusively on the 360.  Otherwise, in my opinion, you might as well stick to PC gaming, as the best titles like Halo 3 will be ported.

c14dude

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »
i love my x-box let me tell you why.

the biggest one is music. i can bring up my dashboard in any 360 game and
play any song i wanna hear that i ripped to my hardrive.
xbox live is fantastic, you can carry on conversations with the xbox headset.
theres some amazing games coming out for it. SAINTS ROW is a must have game.
its so much fun. DEAD RISING is another must have. xbox arcade is getting better everymonth
theres a webcam now if you have buddys in other states is great. or if you just wanna freak people out haha. theres already some great games for it like farcry (awsome online play due to the editor).
the controller is very comfortable. you can plug in your other usb thingys and charge them on your 360 if you like. the hardrive is pretty decent.

if you get it at best buy. GET THE TWO YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY!
cause these 360 can die faster then a 8 year old in a mob of zombies.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 07:08:19 pm »
Wow! My thread about the DS got copied! I'm not mad at all, don't get me wrong. I'm flattered if anything.

...Nope, nothing to contribute to this one.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 07:11:09 pm »
i wouldn't get one but it is your loss
well from what i here it has better grafics then the wii
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:36:39 pm »
Can I hook the 360 up to a PC monitor?  If so, that would essentially be the same thing as playing in HD, right?

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 07:43:48 pm »
You want me to convince you to get a 360?

*points gun*

Get a 360. You really want one. You dont want to know what happens when you dont get one.

-----

That aside... I have two words for you. Xbox Live. That alone should be enough to convince you. Demos, Videos, and all sortsa goodies on top of great online play with voice chat.

gec05

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 08:14:11 pm »
Can I hook the 360 up to a PC monitor? If so, that would essentially be the same thing as playing in HD, right?

Well computer monitors already have a generally sharp quality but not true high-def. You will also need some speakers being that most monitors don't have any. (Does a 360 have a speaker line in the back for those of you who have one?)

Offline Talkc

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Oh YEAAAAAAAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 08:17:15 pm »
Computer Monitors are true Hi def. Where do you get your info from? They arent as large as some Hi Def televisions but they carry the same resolutions ( and much higher ) and image type ( Progressive.. not interlaced ).

I really dont know where you got the info on them not being Hi Def...

gec05

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 08:29:40 pm »
Computer Monitors are true Hi def. Where do you get your info from? They arent as large as some Hi Def televisions but they carry the same resolutions ( and much higher ) and image type ( Progressive.. not interlaced ).

I really dont know where you got the info on them not being Hi Def...

Well I was afaid of assuming they were so I guess my assumptions were confirmed. Now what about the speaker issue?

c14dude

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 11:11:25 pm »
also having xbox live is a very large part of why the 360 is fun. if you don't have it. well....yikes..

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 12:30:52 am »
The only reason is if Treasure releases the spiritual successor to Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga exclusively on the 360.  Otherwise, in my opinion, you might as well stick to PC gaming, as the best titles like Halo 3 will be ported.

How many years after everyone has already finished it on the Xbox?  There's also no guarantee it'll even happen.  The first one was ported because of the contract issues, and the second, to try and convince the PC fanboys to swicth to Vista.

Can I hook the 360 up to a PC monitor?  If so, that would essentially be the same thing as playing in HD, right?

It works yeah.
And Pilot, you forgot Viva Pinata.  :'(

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 12:33:30 am »
I don't see how Xbox Live is a reason to get a 360.  If it was enjoyable interacting with thousands of geeks online, you might as well just play World of Warcraft.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:36 am »
I don't see how Xbox Live is a reason to get a 360.  If it was enjoyable interacting with thousands of geeks online, you might as well just play World of Warcraft.

The whole point is that you don't have to play with thousands of annoying geeks.  You can report anyone who's doing anything really disruptive, and then you never have to play against them ever again.  You can simply play all your games against people you actually know.  And if you don't have any friends, then it's easy enough to find a few nice people on a message board, such as this one, to play against.

If you don't get what's so great about Xbox Live, you should really try it, before trying to bash it.