Poll

Do I need to add more explanation to the topic post?

Yes!
No!

Author Topic: Burning Star 4 - Another, yet different, Planet Project.  (Read 10440 times)

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
Burning Star 4 - Another, yet different, Planet Project.
« on: September 26, 2006, 03:49:00 pm »
Hullo!  And welcome to Burning Star 4Before you leave the thread, don't think "*Sigh!* Another freaking planet project?!"; this one's DIFFERENT!  This here is the MOST UNLUCKY PLANET... Possibly EVER.  Every few-hundred centuries, this planet suffers massive extinction events.  Your job in all of this chaos is to chronicle as many species as possible - from the beginning.  My job is to once every week or two, reduce said species to just a few remaining candidates, where all progress bottlenecks from.

Here's some words to further explain:
So... You take the first cell and everyone just draws away at it, mutating it.  Then the extinction comes, and just a couple of the mutations/adaptations remain.  You guys mutate whichever/both/all/none of the survivors in however many ways you want(Not too big of jumps, please).  Then the extinctions come again, and one or two of EACH OF THE ORIGINAL survivors... err... Survive again!

An example! 

Poster one draws a cell.
Posters 2 through 7 draw a mutation/evolution of said cell.
I destory mutations 2-5, and 7, leaving just one again.
Posters 8 through 21 mutate/evolve the remaining.
I destroy evolutions 8 through 15, 17, 19, and 21, leaving 3 species left to evolve.
Posters 22 through 26 evolve Species 1, while 27 evolves Species 2, and posters 28 through 30 evolve the third.
I destroy 24, 25, 26, 29, and 30... Leaving 22, 23, 27, and 28...
And SO ON!

NOTE:  This project is OPEN TO ALL!

There are but a few rules:
1) Make sure your post fits in the current evolutionary step(no cell-to-sapience-in-a-single-generation creatures, please!)  And even if it DOESN'T, I'll take care of it when extinctions come.
2)Please include the Generation number in a corner of the picture. Also, the size, diet, and method of reproduction of the creature, as well as a small description.  Again, if these aren't there, there's a better chance of the creature dying.  The best way to survive is to provide something that is extremely believable.

Speaking of which, I'll go over extinctions again:
  • When I feel fit, I'll host an extinction event.
  • Most of the creatures will die off.
  • Those that survive are free to be mutated.(I'll be posting which are still alive along with descriptions and pictures after each event.)
  • The extinctions will be based on various things, and until the first one, I don't really know what it entails.

Just for the sake of saying it: This is different from the other Planet Projects in the following ways:
1) It's open to all!
2) There are more extinctions.

Here's the Burning Star system:

(Sorry about the quality... :S  If anyone's willing to re-do it in a better style... I'd greatly appreciate it)

Anyway, it was discovered by a few of the first Xsiff to enter our mighty galaxy, and disregarded it as just a single star.  From millions of light years away, it just looks like a giant ball of red flame.

However, one fateful day, there was a large fleet of Xsiff explorers ripping through our galaxy using their highly sophisticated Quantum Consciousness drives when scanners detected a piece of technology that even surpassed that of the great Xsiff.  Pod 202, with a certain young Xsiff named Tjar'ta on it, was sent out to explore that region of space and report directly back to the home galaxy  What the pod discovered was baffling to their very souls.  Tjar'ta had been taught all of his existence that there were no Xsiff Reseeders outside of their own galaxy, and yet, here was that monstrous yet very familiar shape:  A giant white pyramid feeding off the energy generated by the gravity of the two stars, travelling backwards in time from a futurity so distant it's impossible to estimate back to mere moments after the creation of the galaxy.

Suddenly the alarms of the Pod started blaring, the computers diagnostics systems screaming in the pain of the loss of the communications systems, as well as the ships defensive mechanisms screaming confused messages of simultaneous jamming systems and ballistics missles headed for the ship.  In just a few short seconds there was a huge jolt of the floor beneath Tjar'ta, and all the ships systems were thrown offline.  He was sent hurling across the deck, while most of the Pod was torn to shreds and jerked from escaping atmosphere.

A few minutes later, he came to his senses to find a bright light filling the Pod.  He looked around, and all he could see were dead bodies.  Bodies of his friends, his family.  He swam through the thick IDADS-jelly towards the hatch of the 202.  He opened it and found a lifetime of solitude on a completely empty world, devoid completely of life, yet entirely capable of cradling it.

A few agonizingly slow years later, he created out of the guts of his ship(well, it's his now; no one else can have any claims to it, they're all dead!) a fully functional recording device, with storage enough of up to 2 billion years of data.  He also creted a small cloning device, which wasn't necessarily a cloner, it simply stimulated reproduction in cells.  This he would check every day, to see if he'd cloned the inert bacteria he'd been hoping for(to spark life on this desolate wasteland), or if he'd have a sheet of his own, useless tissues.

Ironically, this faithfulness to the device is what killed him.  After several hundred failures, and half-grown Xsiff-skin, he had a bacteria.  However, it was not inert like he'd planned.  It infested his body and killed him within days.  One or two cells in his body was fine, but an entire culture introduced that quickly proved deadly.

Recap:
  • The white pyramid is a structure built by the Xsiff to transport them back in time.  It feeds off the gravity of the stars, and at the same time keeps them from falling into one another.
  • The first cell is a bacteria from Tjar'ta's body which is incredibly dangerous to the Xsiff.

Burning Star IV:

Current Geography: (Bear with me, it's a really rough sketch!)

Current Biosphere: (Again, REAL rough)

Gen 1 Creature(s):

Algalba by Flisch

Size: Microscopic
Diet: Photosynthesis
Reproduction: Mitosis

This cell conducts photosynthesis using the infrared range instead of light in the visible spectrum. Thus the cell will look white, since it reflects all the visible light.
Cytoclasmus Mangerus by Yannick

Diet: Cytovore
Reproduction: Binary Fission

Cytoclasmus feeds on every cell it can find. It uses a flagellum to get to his prey and 2 probisci to feed on them. His sharp form gives him extra speed.
Volubilis Malegius by Snake

Diet: Photosynthesis
Reproduction: Mitosis

The Malegius split off from Volubilis Mundus when it was faced with the fast predatory organism, Cytoclasmus Mangerus. It couldn't outrun the  C.M., so it developed a heavily armored membrane, so that the C.M. could not eat it.
Volubilis Spikerus by HelloWorld

Size:Microscopic
Diet:Other Cells
Reproduction:Mitosis

This passive predator kills anything that touches its spikes, and ingests it using tiny pinhole mouths that coat its spikes.

Gen 0 Creature:

Volubilis Mundus

Current Creatures:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:36:18 pm by Tylui »

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Star 4 - Another, yet different, Planet Project.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:39 am »
Isn't it basically the same thing as sagan/drake? Only that this project is more like a contest?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:22:17 am »
Yes... I suppose it's pretty close. But it's open to all, and there's more.. umm... Selective pressures?

EDIT: Hmm... This isn't going as fast as I'd hoped... Maybe I'll put some pictures in the first post, to grab attentions! But alas... I cannot draw

*Goes off to pirate pictures*

...On the other hand, I'll just use my mad Microsoft Paint Skillz.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:27:46 am by Tylui »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 10:40:58 am »
Go on then! Use paint and get good at it, it is a good feeling to become good at a very hard program.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 01:52:15 pm »
Okay... So I updated again, and hopefully this whole thing will get going soon...

I know that I told everyone that they could use this as the new completely organized total Planet Project, and the offer still stands(although it'd be just as easy to start a new one), but until a decision is reached, I'm going to try my hardest with this.

Again, this project is open to ALL!  PLEASE!  Even if you think your creature's stupid, post it anyway.  Even if there's no picture, post it anyway.  Even if there's no description, post it anyway.  Just make sure it fits with the evolution line, or I'll be sure to make it go extinct. ^_^

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 04:29:27 pm »
If you're interested in making sporewiki pages about this like Sagan 4 and Fermi 5, then leave me a message on my talk page on sporewiki.
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline Zuka

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • What.. Are.. You.. LOOKING AT??!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 10:36:51 pm »
I would like to get in on this, but I can't think of any way to evolve that creature. XD
-!-~ Under-Construction ~-!-
For Now, Enjoy Gasping At This Amazing New Picture Of "Spore".

http://www.yourdumbz0rz.com/stfu/spore/no1/spor_editor.jpg

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 07:45:56 pm »
Well uhh... Just evolve it how you want! Perhaps some information should be said about this single-celled organism...

Let's start with:

It's incredible! It's practically a blank-slate! Is it photo-synthetic? Is it an organicotroph? Is it incredibly evolvable?! ALL OF THE ABOVE! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the one, the only:

Burning Star 4's Volubilis Mundus Cell!

Do what you want to it... Make ANY sort of single-celled organism out of it... Please!

Please?

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 11:59:03 am »
*cough*bump?*cough*

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 12:11:02 pm »
Bumping for no reason? I'd join, but it seems no one is joining. -shrug-. Also this is many months old.
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 12:37:58 pm »

Vobilus Spikerus
Size:Microscopic
Diet:Other Cells
Reproduction:Mitosis

This passive predator kills anything that touches its spikes, and ingests it using tiny pinhole mouths that coat its spikes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:04:22 pm by HelloWorld »
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 01:04:31 pm »

Volubilis Mundus

Tehe...  :D a pizza...  :P
@davidramnero

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 02:22:49 pm »
Well, I thought that maybe by bumping it, it would re-spark someone's interest...  I know nobody joined.  Why do you think I gave up for several months?  I decided I'd want to try again!  And look!  3 posts!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 02:35:47 pm »
Go away Helloworld, your crude paint skills and unscientific explanations aren't any good here.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 07:00:10 pm »
I Have One.

I Call It Vobilis Maximus.

It Is The Plant Split Off Of Volubilis Mundus.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.