Author Topic: A link some may find interesting  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Snooty

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • Snooty Spore
A link some may find interesting
« on: June 23, 2005, 03:54:50 am »
Here's a site I recently found. Not about Spore but about 'an interactive simulation of the solar system'.

http://vterrain.org/Packages/IUE/

Not sure if it hasn't posted already. It looks interesting and it would be very cool if Spore could look like that. Who knows in Spore 2...

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: A link some may find interesting
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 10:13:02 am »
I believe if Will wanted a more realistic looking game, he woulda made it. Obviously he wants it to be more cartoony than that simulated solar system. Look at the transition between the Sims and the Sims 2. It was more realistic, but still with Will's trademark cartooniness.

Wulf

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 12:13:29 am »
The game definatly is too lovey dovey. I guess the dude just doesn't like that sort of thing. That thing being coolness.

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 02:58:11 pm »
I think it has more to do with generalization. If it looked realistic, casural people would consider it 'too complex'. If it looks like a cartoon, people go 'Hey! I like cartoons! They're silly!', and will at least look at the game. I'd prefer realistic graphics as well, but I understand that a general audience is worth far more than a specialized one (something that you should remember in your evolutionary endevours as well.)

Offline ripperrim

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 02:42:49 am »
i like these graphics, there cartoony but still get across what you need im actually glad there not too complex and since there not all that complex they wont be alot of people saying "omg a planet cant look like that!"

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 02:16:21 pm »
I actually think the spore graphics look nicer.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 02:49:09 pm »
Spore's graphics look much more "clean" and easier on the eye than this.  No thanks, i want Spore the way it is.