Author Topic: Childrens Horror Book Quest  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Childrens Horror Book Quest
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:41 am »
I'm trying to find a book from my childhood.

I borrowed the book from my school library in the early 80s. I don't have the title or author - I didn't even read the book. What attracted me were the illustrations.

The artwork is the most eerie, spine chilling material I have ever seen. Pictures of torture, demented souls, and other horror themes predominated. The most memorable picture was that of a person who had had their eyes and mouth sown shut. Being a boy interested in the macabre, the pictures filled me with morbid fascination.

I believe the book contained short horror stories, must have been published in the early 80s, and was probably British or American. I would be very keen to hear from anyone who might have a clue to the book I'm seeking, or who could direct me to some database of published material.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: Childrens Horror Book Quest
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 05:22:25 pm »
never heard of it, but hot damn, i'd sure like to read it
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:04:00 pm »
I would be fascinated to know if the stories match the quality of the pictures in horror.  I was a bit too young to read such lengthy stories when I found the book (about 7 years old).

Alas I don't think I'll have much luck finding the title name.  If only there was a website comparable to Internet Movie Data Base for books.  On the IMDb forum, I learnt the name of a long forgotten show (Jason of Star Command) in seconds, just by giving an ultra vague description.  This quest shall prove more elusive.

I suppose I could go to my old school library on the off-chance that it is still in stock.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:42:17 pm »
CHILDREN'S HORROR BOOKS?!!! LMAO!

Why does that sound wrong? :D Morbid horror stories for small and happy innocent children. :P